09-13-2011   #41 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus

Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by iARE1337
Too bad Lunia was never in WCG...

It was however in GNGWC like in '07 which was hosted by Game&Game- Lunia's beta host.
And they did not do anymore after that because glunia got transferred to TFT some months later for the first official release. Of course, there would have been tournaments and at least the GMs of TFT (despite their short-comings) did make a tournament.

However, since then glunia has been going through like this: GnG (CBT/OBT) -> TFT (release with Tia/episode 4) -> ijji (released episode 5/Dacy) and now allm(developer) (post-Underworld patch, still needs ijji reactor)...quite the beating glunia has taken since the OBT days. I'm not surprised that there's no tournaments after that as the playerbase wasn't ever large enough to begin with in the first place.

Now if only Tia's Turn Back Time skill would help turn back lunia to the olden days...then again I'm not sure about that anymore...people would still quit eventually, this just made the process "faster"?

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.

Last edited by Allea; 09-13-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-13-2011   #42 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Dragon NestS4 LeagueSoul MasterLeague of Legends

Toonmonkey is on a distinguished road

There's no point to playing lunia, dnest is just like it and so much better. lunia only has pvp(used to*) while dnest has pvp and stages + fun events.

09-13-2011   #43 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Squishable is on a distinguished road

Shuddup ^_^

09-13-2011   #44 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

sees thread.

i tried playing once, it didnt last very long ): after mything like 9000+ times everything just felt extremely repetitive

09-13-2011   #45 (permalink)
WTFS_Serendipitouskey
Games
Dragon NestLeague of LegendsLuniaAlliance of Valiant Arms

d4rka2n is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Serendipitouskey
Class: AD, Jungle, Top , lu_sieg
Level: Diamond III
Guild: WTFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonmonkey
There's no point to playing lunia, dnest is just like it and so much better. lunia only has pvp(used to*) while dnest has pvp and stages + fun events.
Word cow i posted my screenshot of my umba sm combo on the dnest ss page. Its in ggftw of u wan a look.

Ok back on topic, i still dont see a point in returning, once u quit, u quit.
@rainbows : i only kept it becuz i dont have anything to filter it up atm LOL.

09-13-2011   #46 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rka2n
Word cow i posted my screenshot of my umba sm combo on the dnest ss page.

Ok back on topic, i still dont see a point in returning, once u quit, u quit.
@rainbows : i only kept it becuz i dont have anything to filter it up atm LOL.
You never truly quit until you uninstall the game + delete installers etc

As for your sig, you could get a larger picture or something to fill space up?

Speaking of which... I should probably shrink my signature because it looks like a freaking advertisement banner (that's hyperlinked to a bunch of guides that are older than dinosaurs)

09-13-2011   #47 (permalink)
WTFS_Serendipitouskey
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
You never truly quit until you uninstall the game + delete installers etc

As for your sig, you could get a larger picture or something to fill space up?

Speaking of which... I should probably shrink my signature because it looks like a freaking advertisement banner (that's hyperlinked to a bunch of guides that are older than dinosaurs)
I uninstalled and deleted everythingy about lunia a year ago wut u smokin glad LOL.

09-13-2011   #48 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

rainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nicerainbows is just really nice
IGN: yuck

well anyway before we get too much off topic, the game is certainly not dead. it's dead to a couple of old players who, in their long absence, have built up this great image of what the game once was, and during their brief returns of... what? a few minutes/hours? felt was enough to make a judgement on the whole game.

lunia was never perfect. there were always ups and downs. we just want what we don't have -> too easy? make it harder! too hard? make it easier!

and now here is my controversial observation: the players who had some of the highest dps in myth AND were really good in pvp, and then quit, have not went around forums trashing the game. only the players who were... "lacking" in certain aspects are the ones who trash the game -- whether it be equips/stats, character natural dps (i mention natural dps because of balance/pre-balance/bad balance where there were often situations where Char A had much higher stats but was still much weaker than Char B), rebirths, skill points, etc.

09-14-2011   #49 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonmonkey
o please... i dont even play lunia anymore and i can't bare to even pvp in dnest such crap

lunia forever #1

my journey of dnest atm
yay new game... fun... kinda.. yay I got teleport! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
*grinds astral coven cause thats all there is* (thinks back at lunia... myth1?)
*yay lvl 24. grind for items* (myth 2?)
*yes... update... minotaurs nest* (update for myth 3)
*7times per week?* (yay dailys!)
ok i quit...
*ooo pvp* (lol moon bind combo) i play mystic
*swordsman OP?* (meh.. just like ob lunia)

Last edited by Lunar; 09-14-2011 at 12:50 PM.

09-14-2011   #50 (permalink)
WTFS_Serendipitouskey
Games

Steve wait for ur lv 32 cap and we're all gonna QQ to mystic's time stop -_-.

09-14-2011   #51 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Arciph will become famous soon enoughArciph will become famous soon enough
IGN: Arciph
Class: Lime
Level: 7x
Guild: Kaizen

Too bad nothing in DN plays anything like Lime. Also, DN is boring atm.

09-15-2011   #52 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

Lunia was a great game that we all enjoyed. The times that we all shared are in the past, never to be repeated. Whether or not Lunia is dead, in the eyes of many, it is. Allm has done too little, too late and failed to retain much of its population. Though much of it can be contributed to the numerous service changes, the blame falls onto Allm for not realizing what players enjoyed and what people expected out of the game.

No game lasts forever, there will come a time when people will simply stop playing Lunia and move on. Even then, we can all agree that the many hours we spent playing the game was out of enjoyment and that's all we can hope for out of a game.

09-15-2011   #53 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Squishable is on a distinguished road

No, it's dead :3

09-15-2011   #54 (permalink)
Apple is A
Games
VindictusLunia

Laughatyou21 is on a distinguished road
IGN: CarmelSan
Class: Eir lu_eir
Guild: OurStory

I occasionally log in. I don't stay on much since guild is dead and no one to play with. =/
Sad though, spent quite a few monies here. I don't know what to think about this Eir rebalance; I like the updated fortifications though.

How sexy. <3

09-16-2011   #55 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of

Logged on today just to see how Lunia is now. The activity is a lot higher than I expected it to me; I admit, it's far from dead. The population has dropped a lot in stages but there's a lot more people in Practice Field. I have to say... even though I see less people overall, most of the people I see are actually doing something other than afk fish.

I have to say though... I actually enjoyed PvPing again although I can't see myself playing consistently again... mostly because of achieving a W/L of 58/3 while draging the "Rusty" from Rusty Hearts with me back to Lunia. PvP I actually see around 10+ rooms on average except that there's 1 battlefield room, 8 password rooms, 2 team PvP rooms and the 1-2 1v1 rooms where you practically have to unplug your keyboard to have a chance to lose. Fortunately... most of PvP forgot who I was so I wasn't kicked out of rooms within 3 seconds of entering... then about almost half the time the other person RQ'd.

The family thing is a joke now imo... I got 500g from high-grade gold boxes on my Asuka, Sieg and my Dainn... so I was up 1.5kG just because I was bored enough to reinstall it (that downloader is fast... 1-2 MB download speed lol). I have a feeling I pretty much won a lottery there since the prices aren't as high as they should be if the gold box gave everyone 500g like crazy.

I have to admit that I kinda jumped to the conclusion (with a few other people) that Lunia went down the drain after the mass departure of beta vets... but I doubt the average skill level will come close to what it was before. There are those pros though... Zoey has such crazy combos for Tia u.u

Truth be told... I went on because I was curious as to how Lunia is now, but another reason was because they gave away skill resets so I could still have the opportunity to screw around with builds that people have been asking me to make lol.

09-16-2011   #56 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Lunia LoL matches ftw~

Too bad it lags like crap when there's a lot of people online D:

Found a new build for my eir (still mostly healing, but major damage now too )

09-16-2011   #57 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega
Lunia LoL matches ftw~

Too bad it lags like crap when there's a lot of people online D:

Found a new build for my eir (still mostly healing, but major damage now too )
I pretty much made semi-cookie cutter builds for Sieg... not much to give him if the person doesn't want too many skills lol.

Dainn was interesting to work with though...

I need to learn to use mouse scroll though... e.e different effects in stage than PvP.

I didn't notice it lag like crap though... maybe because I turned down my graphics a lot.

Didn't play battlefield since I heard it sucks (and myth works in there?)

Last edited by Gladiat; 09-16-2011 at 06:57 PM.

09-16-2011   #58 (permalink)
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Nope, myth doesn't work in any pvp room anymore.

But it's not lagging anymore, it might have just been everyone on since it's friday night.

So many changes to Iris' skills....and none to Arta's D:

09-16-2011   #59 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games

Well... the Lunia LoL matches weren't very good. Still prefer the actual thing like DoTa, LOCO etc compared to the Lunia version.

09-17-2011   #60 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice
IGN: TangoDown
Class: Ryan lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

Personally, nothing will ever come close to Lunia's PvP system. Despite the enormous amount of tweaks it has recieved over time, it is still an awesome system. Nowadays the only ones left to PvP are people who are only half-decent, or Zoey.