ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Announcements

Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-16-2008   #41 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 170
iTrader: (0)
imported_Andy is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
@ riceburner: it's 30G. polks are 3G for 10 standard price last time i checked. this was square 1, and is average. lowest was 2G and i think the highest i've seen ppl buy was around 4G for 10.
were they confirmed buys? last i heard ppl were buying them for 5g/10 and 4g/10 was considered cheap. Those that spam 2g/10 or 3g/10 in sq. 1 is a bit suspcious to me. Unless there was confirmation that no scamming was involved, i still believe the price for polks on average is 5g/10.
__________________
Lunia IGN: PrincessInna
Gunbound IGN: xIcyIcex
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-16-2008   #42 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,887
iTrader: (0)
Fiona is on a distinguished road
Default

I remember 5g/10, myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allea
@Fiona: Hmm, well it's obvious why but also simply because it's nearly impossible to get someone that sells polks plus it's rare to see someone that wants to buy polks.
Like I said, it's indicative of "something". Sadly, that "something" doesn't seem very good for the game.

After all,

If there aren't many people selling polks

And there aren't many people buying polks

That means that lots of polks probably aren't being sold.

Which... well, that's not very good for TFT now.

(of course, then one has to ask WHY there aren't many polks being sold. You'd think at the very least that tons of people would want polks with something as insanely overpowered as this, and yet... I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't help things. After all, you have to have actual PLAYERS who EXIST to buy such things in the first place, and TFT is doing a friggin' good job of making sure that doesn't come to pass.)
__________________
Currently I'm main-ing two full-time fisher-girls. They fish. A lot.
 
06-16-2008   #43 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Gladiat's Avatar
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: a place where it's not gay
Posts: 4,131
iTrader: (0)
Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
were they confirmed buys? last i heard ppl were buying them for 5g/10 and 4g/10 was considered cheap. Those that spam 2g/10 or 3g/10 in sq. 1 is a bit suspcious to me. Unless there was confirmation that no scamming was involved, i still believe the price for polks on average is 5g/10.
you're getting ripped lol. there's some people that sell 3g/10, but usually they keep the polks for themselves, or they sell to friends. i buy off people i trust 100%, or off my friends.
__________________
 
06-16-2008   #44 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
MaeRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)
MaeRose is on a distinguished road
IGN: MaeRose
Class: Eir
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
you're getting ripped lol. there's some people that sell 3g/10, but usually they keep the polks for themselves, or they sell to friends. i buy off people i trust 100%, or off my friends.
1) 10 polks 3g , is way to cheap. Youre real life money is totally not worth 3g.I feel bad for the people that do sell them at that rate.They're ripping themselves of.

2) how many trustable polk sellers are there for 3g 10 polks. , not much and those usually are scammers so don't even try the random cheap sellers in sq 1.
__________________
M a e R o s e


Lights down Low//Nice and Slow
 
06-16-2008   #45 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Griever's Avatar
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,794
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts
Default

The funny thing is, I know those of you that are complaining, are the ones that are gonna buy a SHITLOAD of these.

Case and point: Lime.
 
06-16-2008   #46 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 212
iTrader: (0)
incarnate is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
I'm not complaining about them being too cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
Wow, only $1 for retardedly overpowered cash shop equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
100 polks is INSANELY cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
It almost seems like an "ABANDON SHIP!!!!!" move by TFT.
If you're not complaining, then why all the brash assumptions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
You guys obviously haven't seen the stats on the upgraded WEAPON.
Actually, I have a full set, and suprisingly enough: I don't feel like I can walk into a room and mop everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
Fortunately, I find myself not caring, and instead am more intrigued at the possible reasons why TFT decided to sell so cheap in the first place..
For someone who is just "intrigued" aka "cares", you're posting A LOT.

I don't see the huge fuss, I'd rather have a cheap polk store that allows more people to have access to the items instead of an expensive one where only a handful of people have these things.
__________________
 
06-16-2008   #47 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Gladiat's Avatar
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: a place where it's not gay
Posts: 4,131
iTrader: (0)
Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaeRose
1) 10 polks 3g , is way to cheap. Youre real life money is totally not worth 3g.I feel bad for the people that do sell them at that rate.They're ripping themselves of.

2) how many trustable polk sellers are there for 3g 10 polks. , not much and those usually are scammers so don't even try the random cheap sellers in sq 1.
talking about people i buy off of. they sell to me 3G each. and dont' scam ._.

@ griever: all i would ever need is one. the mountain quest will be over soon, and i dont' plan on killin myself to level to 61 for a rod and bait.
__________________
 
06-16-2008   #48 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,887
iTrader: (0)
Fiona is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by incarnate
If you're not complaining, then why all the brash assumptions?
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Complain

Main Entry: com·plain
Pronunciation: \kəm-ˈplān\
Function: intransitive verb
Etymology: Middle English compleynen, from Anglo-French compleindre, from Vulgar Latin *complangere, from Latin com- + plangere to lament — more at plaint
Date: 14th century
1 : to express grief, pain, or discontent <complaining about the weather>
2 : to make a formal accusation or charge


The derogatory nature of your post indicates that you are going by definition #1 in this case. However, I do not see the word "assumption" or "assume" anywhere in that definition. Nor am I expressing grief at TFT's actual action in particular regarding the pricing of this item (but could be interpreted to be expressing grief on the state of the game as a whole. That was, however, not the context of your post, as you were talking about people who were complaining about this specific action of TFT). The statement, "100 polks is INSANELY cheap" is a statement on the relative pricing of the item. Considering that most powerful weapons in many F2P MMOs I know are 20 bucks, 100 polks IS in fact "insanely cheap". That's a factual statement and not a complaint. If I were to walk into a store and they were to say "You can buy this Playstation 3 for 10 bucks!" and I replied "That's INSANELY cheap!", only a complete moron would think I was complaining (or perhaps an overly defensive person who's obviously so blinded by their fanboy-ish zeal that they think everyone is complaining all the time... wait, that falls under the "complete moron" definition, too).

If instead you were going by definition #2 (highly doubtful, given the derogatory nature of your post), I am not in fact making a formal accusation. A formal accusation is done to the person you are complaining to (or something brought to the courts that would otherwise take action on such a matter). It is not, however, a discussion about the possible status of the person at hand.

Quote:
Actually, I have a full set, and suprisingly enough: I don't feel like I can walk into a room and mop everyone.
lol nub. Learn 2 play the game. (...seriously)

(on that note, it is now VERY obvious that you are biased in this discussion. Retardedly so)

Quote:
For someone who is just "intrigued" aka "cares", you're posting A LOT.
I care ("intrigue") about the indications this has for what the state of the game and TFT might be. I don't care that I'm missing out on a lot of power for my character. I take it English is not your first language? Because you obviously don't know what the word "instead" means.

Quote:
I don't see the huge fuss, I'd rather have a cheap polk store that allows more people to have access to the items instead of an expensive one where only a handful of people have these things.
I don't see the huge fuss either, because it doesn't exist. I think only a few people actually COMPLAINED per the context you are using it in about this thing. I know it's hard for you to understand, what with English not being your first language and all, but it's the truth.
__________________
Currently I'm main-ing two full-time fisher-girls. They fish. A lot.
 
06-16-2008   #49 (permalink)
I like scenery *.*
CursedScar's Avatar
Games
LuniaDragon Nest
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,674
iTrader: (0)
CursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really niceCursedScar is just really nice
IGN: TangoDown
Class: Ryan lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Complain

Main Entry: com·plain
Pronunciation: \kəm-ˈplān\
Function: intransitive verb
Etymology: Middle English compleynen, from Anglo-French compleindre, from Vulgar Latin *complangere, from Latin com- + plangere to lament — more at plaint
Date: 14th century
1 : to express grief, pain, or discontent <complaining about the weather>
2 : to make a formal accusation or charge


The derogatory nature of your post indicates that you are going by definition #1 in this case. However, I do not see the word "assumption" or "assume" anywhere in that definition. Nor am I expressing grief at TFT's actual action in particular regarding the pricing of this item (but could be interpreted to be expressing grief on the state of the game as a whole. That was, however, not the context of your post, as you were talking about people who were complaining about this specific action of TFT). The statement, "100 polks is INSANELY cheap" is a statement on the relative pricing of the item. Considering that most powerful weapons in many F2P MMOs I know are 20 bucks, 100 polks IS in fact "insanely cheap". That's a factual statement and not a complaint. If I were to walk into a store and they were to say "You can buy this Playstation 3 for 10 bucks!" and I replied "That's INSANELY cheap!", only a complete moron would think I was complaining (or perhaps an overly defensive person who's obviously so blinded by their fanboy-ish zeal that they think everyone is complaining all the time... wait, that falls under the "complete moron" definition, too).

If instead you were going by definition #2 (highly doubtful, given the derogatory nature of your post), I am not in fact making a formal accusation. A formal accusation is done to the person you are complaining to (or something brought to the courts that would otherwise take action on such a matter). It is not, however, a discussion about the possible status of the person at hand.



lol nub. Learn 2 play the game. (...seriously)

(on that note, it is now VERY obvious that you are biased in this discussion. Retardedly so)



I care ("intrigue") about the indications this has for what the state of the game and TFT might be. I don't care that I'm missing out on a lot of power for my character. I take it English is not your first language? Because you obviously don't know what the word "instead" means.



I don't see the huge fuss either, because it doesn't exist. I think only a few people actually COMPLAINED per the context you are using it in about this thing. I know it's hard for you to understand, what with English not being your first language and all, but it's the truth.
Put a lot of thought into it eh? Seems like you care.
 
06-16-2008   #50 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,887
iTrader: (0)
Fiona is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimexKing
Put a lot of thought into it eh? Seems like you care.
What's with all these non-native English speakers who don't understand what the word "instead" means? I DO care about SOMETHING, but it's NOT the specific thing you think I care about.

Tell me what your native language is and I'll try to tell it to you in words you can understand. I must disclaim that I don't speak "idiot who doesn't fully read posts", though.
__________________
Currently I'm main-ing two full-time fisher-girls. They fish. A lot.
 
06-16-2008   #51 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 222
iTrader: (0)
Xubis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xubis Send a message via MSN to Xubis
Default

Hi. Stop bagging on Fiona please. Thanks.

I think the new cash shop stuff is a new twist... It's kind of like how never-fail-catalysts would be - It's stats that are pretty much sure to get.

The difference is that with luck, a player who doesn't buy CS items still has a small chance to get to that ever-so-wanted +15... While they could probably never get the cash shop equips (Unless they find a polk seller, of course).
__________________
 
06-16-2008   #52 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict
ForeverZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)
ForeverZero is on a distinguished road
Default

Of all the things that TFT have done bad, this one seems to be "not so bad". They put the Mountain quest and give the community some time to stack with clothes ( the bait wasnt a problem for the ppl that have polks or burn acc, besides quest rod is very effective), after that period they put the tickets cheap, expecting profit from quantity over price.

For the hype, there has been always difference from the player stats, like siegs at my lv that have 800hp or 50dmg more than me, or both. this items just do the CS job, give the lazy ppl, or the ppl that want to be better statwise a shortcut (not intensive money/equip/grade/fort ways). If this makes bapho/volcano/dacy/krieg F2P, better this paid than that.
__________________
 
06-17-2008   #53 (permalink)
Registered User
Awards Event WinnerEvent WinnerSotW Beginner
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 609
Blog Entries: 1
iTrader: (0)
Solemn is on a distinguished road
Default

Their attempt to feign a "discount" was pretty pathetic. From 200 Polks to 100 Polks? Was there ever a time when it was 200 Polks? It's only been there for 2 or 3 days. But the price will eventually revert to 200 Polks, I assume.

Anyway, TFT is becoming...dare I say it...?...worse than Nexon! I mean, they don't even care about their players. As long as they receive their short-term satisfaction, they're okay with all that they do. >.> They disgust me.
 
06-17-2008   #54 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker
riceburner4540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,936
iTrader: (0)
riceburner4540 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverZero
Of all the things that TFT have done bad, this one seems to be "not so bad". They put the Mountain quest and give the community some time to stack with clothes ( the bait wasnt a problem for the ppl that have polks or burn acc, besides quest rod is very effective), after that period they put the tickets cheap, expecting profit from quantity over price.

For the hype, there has been always difference from the player stats, like siegs at my lv that have 800hp or 50dmg more than me, or both. this items just do the CS job, give the lazy ppl, or the ppl that want to be better statwise a shortcut (not intensive money/equip/grade/fort ways). If this makes bapho/volcano/dacy/krieg F2P, better this paid than that.
It might seem "not bad" but, especially for those TFT advocates, these actions are self-defeating. They're basically giving away wonder boxes (when they could use it as a source of income) and then forcing us to buy stuff that shouldn't be cash-shop only (driving away players), and now trying to capitalize on the rampant wonder box farmers by putting up low-priced upgrade scrolls. Short term gain, long term damage.
__________________
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"
 
06-18-2008   #55 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 212
iTrader: (0)
incarnate is on a distinguished road
Default

Fiona,
- It's not my fault you don't understand how negative assumptions about actions by a company correlates into a subtle form of complaining (which there is nothing wrong with, aside from the fact that you are trying to tell us otherwise), especially when you need to look up a simple word and read it verbatum to try and to prove a moot point.

- You can say I'm biased for having a CS upgraded set, but in the same respect, you can't comment on it being "retardedly overpowered", with any real credibility, especially when you don't have one yourself. When you look at the numbers, it might seem overwhelming, but it is hardly overpowered; especially since it is only the rare CS items that give +4 stats.

- Resorting to "learn2play" and "english is not your first language"? There's no need to get defensive, but I guess you felt you had to because your whole argument was weak and your incoherence made obvious.

- If you aren't complaining, then that's fine. Stop with the short-essay posts. If your first post was in fact just a general observation and opinion, there was no need to go through such lengths to defend it. Your second post had the same idea, except now you highlight things we already know. Your third post isn't any different: saying how it's overpowered and the tickets are a last ditch effort. Your posts were all aggressive towards TFT and you only respond when someone doesn't agree with you or says things contrary, so you might see how I could interpret you as complaining. In any case I don't feel like dealing with you anymore. So INSTEAD of spending time on something you supposedly don't care about, don't bother and go find something productive to do.

Back to the topic... TFT has done far worse things than this, and like the above poster pointed out, they don't think ahead or always do things in the best interest of the game.
__________________
 
06-18-2008   #56 (permalink)
FenrisEx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

This is one of TFT's better ideas to make money i think.
Someone pointed out that the cs weapons get a good stat boost now.

1. There are a couple of players who didnt get such a weapon from a wonder box.
2. The most 50+ players are more or less hardcore players, they didnt leave for now and will not leave that soon. Cause they like the game.

In fact that theyre some kind of hardcore players they will buy polks to get baits/rod to get a weapon. And they will buy that coupons to upgrade their items.
Now, everything TFT got to do is to change the dropchance for that weapons, or anything else that got good stats, for the time the mountain quest lasts.

Maybe thats the point why there is a 50% price reduce. People who want to fish for the letters again, and got no rod, have to buy baits, rod and coupons. And selling something for cheaper now will be more attractive for the ones who struggle with themselves to buy polks.
After the event you have to buy wonder boxes and the coupons that will be nearly 700 polks (if they raise the price again).

Advertising them for "cheaper" than normal is a nice strategy. That indicates there could be a raise.
Its a common strategy many shops do to advertise for themself. Open a store, lower prices to attract the customer to buy and later on raise the prices to "normal"
And there will be a raise, im sure, when the event is over and the coupons keep been bought a lot (whatever they think is a lot).

In this sense its not only a try to get some money now, its a try to establish a new product.

Sorry for my english, its not my native language
 
06-18-2008   #57 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,887
iTrader: (0)
Fiona is on a distinguished road
Default

I still don't think that repeatable mountain quest thing was on purpose. Imagine how much money TFT would have made if people actually had to buy their wonder boxes instead of the MUCH cheaper baits. And I'm positive there are many uber-hardcore people who would have spent a hundred dollars on wonderboxes if they had to to get an upgradeable weapon (and even the non-hardcore would probably have brought a couple of wonderboxes just to have a chance at it, I'm sure)
__________________
Currently I'm main-ing two full-time fisher-girls. They fish. A lot.
 
06-18-2008   #58 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict
ForeverZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)
ForeverZero is on a distinguished road
Default

Its again low population against high population. In low population you wont find as many hardcore players willing to expend that much money.
__________________
 
06-18-2008   #59 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,887
iTrader: (0)
Fiona is on a distinguished road
Default

Yes, but a quantity-vs-quality (or in this case, a few hardcore spenders vs a ton of casual spenders) approach doesn't work when you have a low population, either. You can't have a ton of casual spenders when you don't have a ton of population in the first place.
__________________
Currently I'm main-ing two full-time fisher-girls. They fish. A lot.
 
06-18-2008   #60 (permalink)
FenrisEx
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We got over, never counted before, 26 squares? Not on all are players on, but on the most are. Get rid of some. Say at least 10 or 15 squares. Wouldnt there be more sq's looking "populated"? I cant see any numbers of players that actually play on the server.
I mean, we only see that the most ones are "smooth" but we keep on our square where our guild is and mostly dont travel around to see whats going on on other squares.
Or better said, I never travelled around.

And i dont think if they could advertise the coupons that good if they hadn't promoted the coupons in that way. Now many got that cs-clothes, and now many want to get an advance from them.
If they had thrown in the coupons as an addition to the cs-clothes before the event, only the few ones who had bought the boxes from cs-shop would buy the coupons.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


zOMG!
Need a new browser game?

Try 

zOMG!

Rating:  

6.4
Hide this banner by registering for our community.