ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Announcements

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

7.6

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-16-2008   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,887
iTrader: (0)
Fiona is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I don't see it as a desperate move by TFT, like said above, it could have been in wonderboxes and that would suck a lot more money.
Well yea, that's kinda the point of putting it in wonder boxes in the first place. To make the company lots of money (while also ensuring that the trickle of such items is VERY slow-paced DESPITE all the money you're getting, which helps to ensure that in the longer term, you will continue to make lots of money from the compulsive gambler inherent within most human beings). Your company gets lots of money AND in the long term CONTINUE to get lots of money.

Really, there are only three reasons why I can think of that they priced them so cheap:

1) For Balance. After all, if it's insanely cheap, then everyone will have them, ergo it's not imbalancing. However, this reason falls flat because you still need the wonderboxes to have items to upgrade with first in the first place, and those could be significantly harder to acquire the good versions of without the mountain quest, and the mountain quest probably won't be around forever.

2) As a "We're sorry" gift to the players. However, I doubt it is this reason because they never actually said "We're sorry" and instead stealthily introduced these items to the cash shop. If this really was a marketting tactic, where's the actual advertising and marketting to go with it?

3) Because they want to sell FAST for whatever reason. I highly doubt a sale of cheap $1 uber items that last forever would be a long-term plan.

#3 seems the most plausible reason to me.
__________________
Currently I'm main-ing two full-time fisher-girls. They fish. A lot.
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-16-2008   #22 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)
mardini is on a distinguished road
Default

yea its totally over powered.....the lvl 50 cash item isn't that high of a lvl requirement anyways. and i saw the weapon, chest and pants, gives a stats that equals to 4D phantaom items but with extra HP and mana bonus. so yea after seeing these shit i don't even feel like playin thsi game any more
 
06-16-2008   #23 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Light's Avatar
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CanadaLand
Posts: 6,441
Blog Entries: 4
iTrader: (0)
Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreig
light you seem to be siding up with TFT so plox tell me what good 12FT doing right now beside giving up lunia <,<?
If they were giving up Lunia, there would never be a coupon period.
Updates bring a smile to my face, as I know that there is something going on and they have not left us. No matter how good or bad an update, just knowing that there is work being done, proves that TFT is trying.

Fiona, You win the Largest Posts Award, but they are always worth Reading. I find #3 plausible too.
__________________

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!
 
06-16-2008   #24 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Red's Avatar
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,771
Blog Entries: 7
iTrader: (0)
Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW
Default

Moved to proper section.
 
06-16-2008   #25 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 212
iTrader: (0)
incarnate is on a distinguished road
Default

Seems like you guys'd be displeased either way with this one, suppose they set the price to 1000 polks, we'd still have someone complaining. Who the hell complains about things being too cheap?

God forbid the people who don't spend two hundred dollars, on a game, get something decent to spend their money on? More people with CS upgraded items isn't any more imbalanced than only one or two people with them.

Totally overpowered? Hardly. You won't get much more than an extra hundred HP (if at all one hundred) with even a full set.
__________________
 
06-16-2008   #26 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Gladiat's Avatar
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: a place where it's not gay
Posts: 4,130
iTrader: (0)
Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
Wow, only $1 for retardedly overpowered cash shop equipment.

I might actually have been tempted if I actually had a cash shop dagger to upgrade (not so much for the armour parts). At the very least, I would have gone looking for a polk seller (since even if I DID have a dagger, that wouldn't change the fact that I dislike investing into a game that I don't think will survive)

...oh well, it's probably a good thing that I'm not tempted to spend money on TFTLunia anyways.

EDIT: More telling is the fact that they're just tossing these obviously overpowered items in the cash shop is yet another indication that TFT no longer gives a crap about the long-term prospects of this game. They used to say they were worried about balance when giving reasons why rich characters weren't transferred over from OB, but I don't think they care about that anymore with these items.
it's a little overpowered, but not retardedly. i see what you mean, cuz red pirate pants give 4 to all stats and some HP and MP, whereas the blue ones only give 2 STR. However, it's not that likely that people will be spending craploads on the coupons.
__________________
 
06-16-2008   #27 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler
Ichigolover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 160
iTrader: (0)
Ichigolover is on a distinguished road
Default

god this sucks -..- so only cash users can get them .... kinda unfair
 
06-16-2008   #28 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Gladiat's Avatar
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: a place where it's not gay
Posts: 4,130
iTrader: (0)
Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigolover
god this sucks -..- so only cash users can get them .... kinda unfair
buy from cash users u trust, or know that don't scam.

or you could just buy your own.
__________________
 
06-16-2008   #29 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler
Ichigolover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 160
iTrader: (0)
Ichigolover is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
buy from cash users u trust, or know that don't scam.

or you could just buy your own.
my mom killed me when i bought polks last time and how should i buy my balance of G is between 20-40 the whole time -.- i fail at making gold ...
 
06-16-2008   #30 (permalink)
aka Baka
IdiotShere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: no.
Posts: 717
iTrader: (0)
IdiotShere is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to IdiotShere
IGN: AllonsY
Class: Bard
Level: 1
Guild: RagingLunia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by incarnate
Seems like you guys'd be displeased either way with this one, suppose they set the price to 1000 polks, we'd still have someone complaining. Who the hell complains about things being too cheap?

God forbid the people who don't spend two hundred dollars, on a game, get something decent to spend their money on? More people with CS upgraded items isn't any more imbalanced than only one or two people with them.

Totally overpowered? Hardly. You won't get much more than an extra hundred HP (if at all one hundred) with even a full set.
well, it's too cheap for cash users, they get to be overpowered..

When you upgrade the weapons, what do you get? Hella stats and 12~14 dmg (about)

Extra defense, vit, hp, mp, int, dex, and all that junk... it just doesn't make sense how they give cash users THAT much of an upperhand.
__________________
BakaFatalz: 70+83+85 Gaon
IdiotShere: 70+78+76+66 Dainn~31 PvP
IceColdIdiot: 70+73+70+64 Yuki~22 PvP
BakaLime: 54+67 Lime~ 6 PvP
AllonsY: 70+76+79+81+85+83+85+77 Kali~27 PvP
 
06-16-2008   #31 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker
riceburner4540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,936
iTrader: (0)
riceburner4540 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
it's a little overpowered, but not retardedly. i see what you mean, cuz red pirate pants give 4 to all stats and some HP and MP, whereas the blue ones only give 2 STR. However, it's not that likely that people will be spending craploads on the coupons.
Think about it for a second. How much are people willing to pay for a few measily stat points? Imagine say, a 7D Miracle Dagger with a 6 vit grade vs. one that has a 10 vit grade...and they're selling it for a buck (50g equivalent last I checked).

They won't be spending craploads on coupons because there's no real need to. You'll probably just buy like 10.
__________________
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"
 
06-16-2008   #32 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Special
Light's Avatar
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert AwardTHE CHAMP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CanadaLand
Posts: 6,441
Blog Entries: 4
iTrader: (0)
Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208
Default

Hey could be worse.. they could have the full sets give stats and not just the weapon.
__________________

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!
 
06-16-2008   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,887
iTrader: (0)
Fiona is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by incarnate
Seems like you guys'd be displeased either way with this one, suppose they set the price to 1000 polks, we'd still have someone complaining. Who the hell complains about things being too cheap?
I'm not complaining about them being too cheap. I'm pointing out that their cheapness is a POSSIBLE INDICATION of something else that has to do with the state of the game/company. No where in any of my posts did I ever say "Damn you, TFT, for making it so cheap!" Instead I said "This is REALLY cheap. I wonder what this could mean. Could it be...?" There is a very significant difference. In fact, if Lunia were actually doing well right now, I might actually have praised TFT for making it cheap, because then the reason for it being cheap might have fallen under reason #1 (they made it cheap for balance reasons) or reason #2 (they made it cheap as a gift to the playerbase). Unfortunately, the current state of things makes me sincerely believe it's reason #3 (IE, for whatever reason, THEY NEED MONEY AND MUST SELL IMMEDIATELY RIGHT NOW AT THIS VERY INSTANT NANOSECOND OMG!!!!1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by incarnate
Totally overpowered? Hardly. You won't get much more than an extra hundred HP (if at all one hundred) with even a full set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
it's a little overpowered, but not retardedly. i see what you mean, cuz red pirate pants give 4 to all stats and some HP and MP, whereas the blue ones only give 2 STR. However, it's not that likely that people will be spending craploads on the coupons.
You guys obviously haven't seen the stats on the upgraded WEAPON. To give you an idea, imagine if you could equip a second slightly-weaker sword on top of your current Sieg's sword and have the two stats of both COMBINE and add together.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Hey could be worse.. they could have the full sets give stats and not just the weapon.
The full sets (IE, rest of the items besides just the weapon) do give stats. In fact, to go with the analogy above, it's like equipping a second glove on top of your current glove and having the stats combine. It's just not as big a deal as the weapon because no one gives a @#$@#'s worth about increased defense you'd get from a second glove (unlike the increased damage you'd get from a second weapon), although you'd still be getting a nice fat helping of extra HP, Mana, STR, and DEX (...lol)

Imagine me with 7D equipment (weapon, chest piece, scarf/book/cloak, gloves, boots, helm, and pants). Now imagine how powerful my character could get if he could ALSO wear a full set of 4D equipment AND that full set of 7D equipment BOTH AT THE SAME TIME and their stats adding together.

THAT'S how powerful it is.
__________________
Currently I'm main-ing two full-time fisher-girls. They fish. A lot.
 
06-16-2008   #34 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Gladiat's Avatar
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: a place where it's not gay
Posts: 4,130
iTrader: (0)
Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigolover
my mom killed me when i bought polks last time and how should i buy my balance of G is between 20-40 the whole time -.- i fail at making gold ...
PM me and i can teach u a few slow, but effective ways of making money.

@ Fiona: ok, i get what u mean.

@ riceburner: it's 30G. polks are 3G for 10 standard price last time i checked. this was square 1, and is average. lowest was 2G and i think the highest i've seen ppl buy was around 4G for 10.
__________________
 
06-16-2008   #35 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Allea's Avatar
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canada/Forest of Dreams.
Posts: 1,546
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
I'm not complaining about them being too cheap. I'm pointing out that their cheapness is a POSSIBLE INDICATION of something else that has to do with the state of the game/company. No where in any of my posts did I ever say "Damn you, TFT, for making it so cheap!" Instead I said "This is REALLY cheap. I wonder what this could mean. Could it be...?" There is a very significant difference. In fact, if Lunia were actually doing well right now, I might actually have praised TFT for making it cheap, because then the reason for it being cheap might have fallen under reason #1 (they made it cheap for balance reasons) or reason #2 (they made it cheap as a gift to the playerbase). Unfortunately, the current state of things makes me sincerely believe it's reason #3 (IE, for whatever reason, THEY NEED MONEY NOW OMG!!!!1)





You guys obviously haven't seen the stats on the upgraded WEAPON. To give you an idea, imagine if you could equip a second slightly-weaker sword on top of your current Sieg's sword and have the two stats of both COMBINE and add together.
Well, the stats of an upgraded weapon is equalivent to a 4th or 5th degree suspicious weapon so that's like having dual weapons (almost), with reason #3 being the most likely cause. I still think they'll need to find ways to make cash because this is again, only a short-term and in the long run probably will not succeed. Regardless even, if they do make a lot of money (most likely not) they'll probably find more ways to continue making money. Assuming lunia is still standing that is (which we all know it's not).
__________________

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.
 
06-16-2008   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,887
iTrader: (0)
Fiona is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
PM me and i can teach u a few slow, but effective ways of making money.

@ Fiona: ok, i get what u mean.

@ riceburner: it's 30G. polks are 3G for 10 standard price last time i checked. this was square 1, and is average. lowest was 2G and i think the highest i've seen ppl buy was around 4G for 10.

...wow, the value of polks has really gone downhill (...not that that's surprising, although it's also indicative of... something)
__________________
Currently I'm main-ing two full-time fisher-girls. They fish. A lot.
 
06-16-2008   #37 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker
riceburner4540's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,936
iTrader: (0)
riceburner4540 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiat
@ riceburner: it's 30G. polks are 3G for 10 standard price last time i checked. this was square 1, and is average. lowest was 2G and i think the highest i've seen ppl buy was around 4G for 10.
You're missing the point. The point is, people are willing to pay hundreds of gold for a few stat points. These cash shop items give massive (yes, they are massive) stat bonuses for very little money. That's really cool and all but it IS imbalanced. Especially considering that they cost a negligible amount of gold if you get it via a polk seller.
__________________
"If someone asks you whether or not you're ticklish, it doesn't matter what you say, they're gonna touch you. If you don't wanna be touched, you gotta say something like, 'I have diarrhea. And yes, I'm very ticklish.'"
 
06-16-2008   #38 (permalink)
Angelic Healer~
Allea's Avatar
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaVindictus
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canada/Forest of Dreams.
Posts: 1,546
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
Allea has a spectacular aura aboutAllea has a spectacular aura about
Default

@Fiona: Hmm, well it's obvious why but also simply because it's nearly impossible to get someone that sells polks plus it's rare to see someone that wants to buy polks.
__________________

IGNs: League of Legends: Allea
~Arigato KratosAurion-san.
 
06-16-2008   #39 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Gladiat's Avatar
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: a place where it's not gay
Posts: 4,130
iTrader: (0)
Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona
...wow, the value of polks has really gone downhill (...not that that's surprising, although it's also indicative of... something)
it was 3G for 10 average price even when it first came out. it hasn't changed at all.

if you watch people sell, sometimes they sell ridiculously low.

here's what i do to avoid scammers:

1) Buy off people I know.
2) Look at the name of the person that I'm buying from. If it's a random bunch of letters/numbers then I know that it's a scammer.
3) Look at their level. Most people make low levels then scam off them and they won't get caught. I only buy polks usually 25+, but usually from fellow guild members or people I know.
4) Look at their equips. Now, people upgrade their CS items with coupons since they just came out. Harder to tell if they're scamming or not, but if it's not upgraded, or you suspect they were bought, dont' buy it.
5) Look at the price. If the price seems too good to be true, it probably is.

@ Allea: it's not that hard to find polk sellers. it's hard to find polk sells that dont' SCAM.
__________________
 
06-16-2008   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,887
iTrader: (0)
Fiona is on a distinguished road
Default

If I actually gave a crap about my character's status in this "IMHO it's going to die" game, I'd be really REALLY kicking myself for not farming the mountain quest more and buying more bait with more polks to max out my 50 mountain quest wonder boxes. Then I could shell out a mere 7 bucks (I think it's 7 pieces?) and be a GOD(DESS).

Fortunately, I find myself not caring, and instead am more intrigued at the possible reasons why TFT decided to sell so cheap in the first place.

...doesn't change the fact that I stand by my statement that it's retardedly overpowered.
__________________
Currently I'm main-ing two full-time fisher-girls. They fish. A lot.
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Pockie Ninja
Need a new browser game?

Try 

Pockie Ninja

Rating:  

8.3
Hide this banner by registering for our community.