Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-06-2013   #1 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW
Default [Announcement] Lunia Global Free Server Service will be closed temporarily

Quote:
Hello, this is Kyung Hyun Son, PD Lunia Global Service.

Today, I am here to announce that Lunia Global Free Server Service will be closed for a while, until the time when we can support the game service with more funds and man power.

Lunia Global Free Server Service is non-profitable service by ALLM (developer of Lunia). Main objective of its service is to provide least gaming environment for global fans of the game who have been enjoyed the game for past 7 years. Because of characteristic of Online game, players can’t keep the game title for their collection as the way players do with PC game titles. A party who operates game service servers is essential. ALLM felt the responsibility as game developer of its original title and took a roll of game servers and service operator since Oct. 2012.

Since Lunia game service was operated securely so long over many different countries, we thought we can continue game service on our own. However, we have to face countless hacking attempts even after we have announced the game as non-profitable service. To respond to hacking attempts, ALLM had to have numerous number of maintenance hours to upgrade security level on all our game service servers with various game server patches. Despite to our efforts, hacking attempts have not been decreased over past year. As the result, the number of sudden game crashes is increased dramatically causing very unstable gaming environment. With all these, we have reached to the point where we need to evaluate current game service and think back whether our initial goal, “Giving pure joy of playing to our fans”, is in right path or not.

After having many internal discussions, we have concluded that current game service is just giving bad gaming experience to our fans and it should be closed down by the date of December 31st, 2013. Closing services are current game service with donation page. Official website (Lunia - Action Arcade RPG , Free to play game) and facebook (www.facebook.com/luniaglobal) are not included. Through these two gateways, we hope that we can keep in touch with our fans.

Some of our fans pointed out that current game service can be continued with the funds fans donated. However, it is not true. Current game service needs around 20,000 US dollars monthly and funds made by donation are taking about 1% of its operation fees. Portion took by donation seems to be very small. But then, we always thought that it holds even greater meaning to it. Every penny donated by our fan means “Support”, “Cheers” and “Hopes”. At this very moment announcing closure of its service, we believe it is not right to bury down your donations under the coast of its operation for past year. We decide to refund your donation with your request. (Detailed announcement will be made shortly after)

Although current game service will be closed, we will try hard to revive Lunia Global service once again after we secure enough funds and manpower.

All members of ALLM sincerely thank to all fans of Lunia for the loves and supports of our game for past years. And we are also extremely sorry that we could keep a promise we have made with you for just one year and come to closure of game service.

Wish your wellness from the bottom of hearts.

Thanks you all.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/lunia...65733773499838

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-06-2013   #2 (permalink)
DJ
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

;_______________________________;

I told myself I wouldn't cry... (even though I haven't played it in a couple of years now)

This was the game that grabbed my attention and made me stop playing MapleStory and led me to meet a lot of awesome people! I'm glad I found out about it and got to play it with so many of you guys

11-07-2013   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Zloty has a spectacular aura aboutZloty has a spectacular aura about
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Guild: OurStory

I'm also crying inside. Even though I do not play anymore I feel sad that I will not be able to get online anytime and use my dainn .

Lunia's the only MMORPG game that kept my attention... I thought I would not care. I was wrong.

I'm gonna miss you guys.
Let's do some event for us mylunians/ggftw users, for old times sake!

RIP Lunia

11-07-2013   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

evilxshadow has a spectacular aura aboutevilxshadow has a spectacular aura about

nooooooooooooooooooo this game

11-07-2013   #5 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

well, i guess now we can truly bid farewell :')

it was a blast playing with you guys from the very beginning, those unforgettable memories will last a lifetime. It's unbelievable how many friends I made while playing and how many of those friendships lasted until now :O

@Kamil: find a fountain and make a .gif of yourself continuously running at it

11-07-2013   #6 (permalink)
WTFS_Serendipitouskey
Games
Dragon NestLeague of LegendsLuniaAlliance of Valiant Arms

d4rka2n is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Serendipitouskey
Class: AD, Jungle, Top , lu_sieg
Level: Diamond III
Guild: WTFS

Neva say goodbye, cuz we're still around...in forums D:<

11-08-2013   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

$20k monthly? That´s interesting. I always thought that the costs would be much lower.

Kind of sad though. Lunia was one of the friendliest communities so far.

11-08-2013   #8 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

Pretty obvious it was going to happen with the constant stipends to all users.
You don't give away large amounts of money unless you intend to close the game down in the near future.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

11-11-2013   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

mike. send it to me please. I have got nothing

RIP Lunia

12-08-2013   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

MistahKdog is on a distinguished road
IGN: MistahKdog
Class: Sieg lu_sieg
Level: 7x
Guild: iREJECT

Let's all have a reunion!

12-08-2013   #11 (permalink)
[ うそつき ] M e m o i r é
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryRagnarok OnlineRequiem
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW Junior

Pshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud ofPshfrk has much to be proud of
IGN: Tsurukie
Class: Eir lu_eir
Guild: Titans

Someone did post that announcement here, huh . . .
Where am I supposed to meet Chibi now ? CHIBI, WHEREVER YOU ARE, THANKS FOR THOSE SCROLLS, REALLY ;A;

Lunia was such a wonderful experience for me, and it didn't even have a dramatic ending . It just slowly vanished . . . Got to make some friends through it, though most of them eventually vanished, as well or we gradually stopped talking to each other, but it was so much fun ;n;

FLY AWAY, FAR AWAY, LUNIA .

12-11-2013   #12 (permalink)
' ^ '
Games
League of LegendsLuniaVindictusDragon Nest

Minuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the roughMinuss is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Minus

RIP, Also really suprised about the 20k monthly fee? I don't get how it can even cost that much unless they are randomly overpaying for some cloud service.

12-14-2013   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuss
RIP, Also really suprised about the 20k monthly fee? I don't get how it can even cost that much unless they are randomly overpaying for some cloud service.
Allm isn't known for making good decisions.

12-14-2013   #14 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuss
Paul pays $5,000 for the ggftw server every month. It's all about quality of service and ensuring a smooth experience for all.

12-19-2013   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Let's do some kind of reunion, for old times sake.

RIP Lunia

12-19-2013   #16 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Pouty Princess ☆
Games

I'm here, but I'm not going on the game.

12-19-2013   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaDragon Nest

Riku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the roughRiku4564 is a jewel in the rough
Class: All The Cool Ones lu_dacy

I used to love this game to pieces, I can't believe it's shutting down now. Although I haven't played it for years, I still feel upset. The people I've met on this game still are good friends of mine .

Thank you all for making such a lovely community, and for making my Lunia experience the best.

12-27-2013   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

PlutoTheSecond is on a distinguished road
IGN: Ginsu,OmegaLight,etc
Class: Wiz , Deir , Eir. to_schoolgirl
Level: 76

Best game forever, unique. It was a part of me.
Everyone on this game was so sweet, felt excited just thinking about logging in and saying hi to everyone. So Sad.
Love you all. OurStory all hail.
*Will keep wearing my beautiful neon green tft t-shirt
-Ob IGN's: MysticalVersus , VersusHealer.
~Lunia is getting sad, too much quits and nostalgy.

Last edited by PlutoTheSecond; 12-27-2013 at 10:50 AM.

12-27-2013   #19 (permalink)
DJ
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Mega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond reputeMega has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: MegaBoy740
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoTheSecond
*Will keep wearing my beautiful neon green tft t-shirt
Me too!

12-28-2013   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
GunZLeague of LegendsLuniaAtlantica Online

Seiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the roughSeiskyo is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Sachirai l Finkster
Class: Gaon l Dainn to_soulmaster
Level: 8x l 8x
Guild: Rebellion

Geez this game was part of my childhood. I may never enjoy a mmo as much as I have enjoyed Lunia in the past few years Thanks to all the awesome people I got to know!