ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Lost Saga

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-07-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Shazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Shazbot
IGN: Shazbot
Class: IM/LM/FM/CM/DS/Necro/Witch to_wizard
Level: 64/60/57/42/42/41/41
Guild: Itadakimasu
Default Upgrading Passive Abilities vs. their correspondent Stats

Many skills in the game are passive, like Tumble, Mineproof, Pounce, and more. When you upgrade them, the point value is worth half of its correspondent hero (Pounce > Speed, Mineproof > Defense, etc.). In the situation of upgrading, which do you think is more advantageous for someone?

To me, I prefer upgrading the passive skills because the cost is the same, and it's more versatile. Two Upgrade Points for One Defense is the same as One Upgrade Point for 1/2 Defense. Yet, if we were to switch out for epics, we would have faster cooldown. Assuming we switched it out for the Epic gear we wanted, we would do much better with its upgraded cooldown than the extra defense. Not to mention we're only using one point versus two points per level. I feel more builds are possible when upgrading the passive abilities instead.

What do you think?

I'm on GW2! Except I don't know my own Account name!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-08-2010   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
ElswordLa TaleMapleStorySD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

Tukutz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Tukutz

I think that tumble pounce and etc would give more advantageous for someone and basically they have defense and etc for them
the second part im not sure

08-09-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Sean is on a distinguished road

In the end, it doesn't really matter that much, considering how most of the few passive non-skill equipments that do exist are essential to their corresponding character. You shouldn't be replacing such gears with epics regardless, although body armor for knight and eagle eye for musketeers are debatable. As far as versatility goes, the fact that you can upgrade less for less money is useful if you don't have enough money for a full stat upgrade.

After all, the real advantage to the stat-increasing passive gears is obviously that it allows you to compliment the standard stat boosts offered to every standard character in the game. If you're simply choosing one or the other, you might as well choose the passive skill in case you don't have enough money for a full stat upgrade. But really, it's not such a big concern. Most people just go strength anyways nowadays, which none of the passive equips even offer (thankfully).

The only thing I'm not sure about is if the stat boosts still apply after that specific passive gear is knocked off. If they do not apply when gear-less, unlike the default stat boosts, then they are definitely second-choice compared to the main stats.

Last edited by Sean; 08-09-2010 at 08:27 PM.

08-10-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Shazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Shazbot
IGN: Shazbot
Class: IM/LM/FM/CM/DS/Necro/Witch to_wizard
Level: 64/60/57/42/42/41/41
Guild: Itadakimasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean
The only thing I'm not sure about is if the stat boosts still apply after that specific passive gear is knocked off. If they do not apply when gear-less, unlike the default stat boosts, then they are definitely second-choice compared to the main stats.
Unless we were simultaneously attacked by Cursed Skull, Boxing Trophy, Nuke, etc., I don't think the situation where we would lose the passive gear would occur often. Most of the time, we're sapped from our hp, making defense somewhat unnecessary at that point.'

I'm on GW2! Except I don't know my own Account name!

08-10-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Sean is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilShazbot
Unless we were simultaneously attacked by Cursed Skull, Boxing Trophy, Nuke, etc., I don't think the situation where we would lose the passive gear would occur often. Most of the time, we're sapped from our hp, making defense somewhat unnecessary at that point.'
That's true. Defense and dexterity wouldn't matter in such a scenario, but speed would still be useful. Again, I don't know if that's the case or not with passive skill stats though, so it's hard to say.

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilShazbot
Unless we were simultaneously attacked by Cursed Skull, Boxing Trophy
*stares at Kremey* >.>

10-10-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Paches is on a distinguished road
IGN: Paches
Class: what ever you want *wink wink* (god like with all but eve)
Level: 45 (30)

this game is broken just buy a tao warrior and let the pewn start