ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Lost Saga

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-19-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
Grand ChaseDofusLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

CujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to CujoEX Send a message via MSN to CujoEX Send a message via Yahoo to CujoEX Send a message via Skype™ to CujoEX
IGN: CujoEX
Default Stat Decision for Musketeer

I'm planning to get a Musketeer when it releases, so might as well decide where to place the Points.

My first plan was to increase Strength (like always) and every other level, increase DEF.

Second plan was to increase Strength and Weapon Skill. For this idea, in case I'm in a range battle, I have Grenades (Armor) on my Infantry, Epic Robin's Arrows (Trinket) on my Mage, and that snipe attack skill for Musketeer.

And last idea, is place stats on all cooldown (exclude Eagle Eye) and add the 10 extra bonus points from Female Character Bonus to Attack.

What do you guys think?

Grand Chase - CujoEX // CujoEXE
PlayTrickster - CujoEX
LostSaga - CujoEX

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-20-2010   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Sean is on a distinguished road

Attack is definitely priority one, since you'll be doing normal shots for the majority of the game. Well, when you're not reloading that is. ._.

So you really want to make each shot count. It's really hard to get any awards with the musketeer without landing every shot, let alone any kills, since you spend such a ridiculous amount of time reloading. Adding strength will really help give those precious two shots some punch.

Personally, I wouldn't put any skill points into the rapier skill, if you're trying to fulfill the ranged support role. Unless musketeer is going to be your only perm, and you have nothing else to switch to during close combat, you're not going to use the skill much. I find that it's great for comboing into a grim air combo, but that's only if you have a grim of course. Also, melee combat with the musketeer is just plain awful. It's unnecessarily more difficult than usual, since the hat skill pushes your view back so much. Basically, switch to another character if you're not sniping with the musketeer. For that reason, I probably wouldn't advise adding to defense either.

The weapon skill, by itself, is a pretty lackluster skill (compared to other weapon skills), but it's great for what the musketeer is and needs. Essentially, it functions as a guard breaker shot for the musketeer, and adds an extra shot to his ammo count. The KB on the skill is decent, at least better than what normal shots offer. The problem is that the skill charges much too slowly for what it's supposed to do.

So taking that into consideration, whether you'll opt to add to the weapon skill or not will depend on how you want to use your musketeer with your other characters. Are you sure you would rather use musketeer's weapon skill over your mage's skill (meteor / blizzard?). You'll have to play with the musketeer a bit more before you can really answer that honestly.

For example, I always considered doing full spec weapon skill, but after I actually used the musketeer with my ice mage, I find it much more effective to simply combo the cannon with blizzard for guaranteed (potentially double) freeze, and use the recharge time shooting off normal shots.

Also, I know that you said that your weapon skill idea was based on the notion of engaging in ranged battle. Since you're using arrow toss and grenade (both of which are hard to use against an experienced 1v1 opponent), I'm assuming 'ranged battle' refers to those campfests that always happen in Wild West. .-.

For that purpose, cannon works better than grenade, since it provides two bursts of AoE splash damage, rather than one. Not to mention that since it's not an instant activation skill like the grenade is, it's much less noticeable and predictable.

Don't rush to use up all your skill points though, since you might regret it later if after you've obtained a better grasp of how you use each class in conjugation with the musketeer. Although from my experience, regardless of what skill you want, I'm definitely an advocate of high strength for the musketeer.

05-24-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

CujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really niceCujoEX is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to CujoEX Send a message via MSN to CujoEX Send a message via Yahoo to CujoEX Send a message via Skype™ to CujoEX

Hmm, Strength it is. What about the 1 extra point per level(and with Female, I guess that makes it +10 extra, too)?

I also have a Minigun, Epic Arrow Toss, and Epic Jet Pack in hand. Would those equips be more efficient than the Rapier; and Bunny Ears or Epic Trooper Helm to replace Eagle Eye?

If not, then I guess I can add the Cool Downs to Weapon Skill every level, and the 10 additional points to Trinket Skill, equipped with Minigun. I still have a Taekwan Do Master for close range anyways.

PlayTrickster - CujoEX
LostSaga - CujoEX

05-25-2010   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Sean is on a distinguished road

Oh my, if you're lucky enough to have bunny ears on hand, then by all means put that on! Eagle eye is pretty worthless in comparison to the triple jump (you can choose to shoot during any of the three jumps), especially considering you get the same enlarged perspective by just holding D with the musket (Eagle eye simply makes that view permanent). Not to mention the bunny ears help tremendously in getting to higher grounds faster, and sniping from there.

As for the rest of the points, your plan to spend the extra points on weapon skill, and 10 into minigun, sounds pretty solid. If you have a TKD though, rapier remains a viable option for the musketeer, since it sets up for quite a few combos for the TKD.

05-26-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games

Sounds like a plan. Thanks Sean.

Final Result
Equipments [MiniGun] [TripleJump] [Cannon] [Headshot]
Stats [+10 MiniGun] [x1 Headshot] [x2 Strength]

PlayTrickster - CujoEX
LostSaga - CujoEX

Last edited by CujoEX; 06-12-2010 at 06:42 AM.