ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Literature (http://ggftw.com/forum/literature/)
-   -   Interest in a new subforum (http://ggftw.com/forum/literature/8674-interest-new-subforum.html)

BatgirlZKE 09-02-2008 07:13 AM

Interest in a new subforum

So how many people would be interested in having a 'Literature' (books, magazines, etc) subforum? It could be like the 'Movies' subforum where each book has it's own thread. And our book related threads wouldn't get lost in GD.

Please post if you'd like something like that and maybe we can request the forum.

I know I'd love to have a place just for book discussion.

Catharsis 09-02-2008 08:22 AM

I'd like one, but having been around this community for a while, literature is not particularly popular... :x

BatgirlZKE 09-02-2008 08:34 AM

I know and it sucks :( The 'What are your Readng' thread was doing good for awhile too.

Mitchi 09-02-2008 09:10 AM

I'd love to have a place to discuss book. I don't watch many movies, or much TV, and I hardly watch Anime any more, but books are he one thing that will always be there to entertain me. And there's so many!

even if people stopped writing books for a while, there's tons of classics already existing. I'd definitely love a place to discuss with others what I'm reading, maybe get insights on things you have to read over more than once to get XD.

BatgirlZKE 09-02-2008 09:19 AM

Well hopefully we'll get enough people interested that they'll add a Literature subforum. I don't want to formally request it until we have a decent amount of people.

(psst..Guiles :))

Catharsis 09-02-2008 09:26 AM

Gather some more people. ^_^ You have my vote.

I'm ready to pimp my latest bookstore loot.

WhatThePhuc 09-02-2008 10:22 AM

i don't read for leisure
books, that is
maybe some stuff online, but that's different

Sodacan 09-02-2008 04:24 PM

A book subforum would be excellent. I can't be trusted in book stores. I went to the city once and went in a book store...walked out with $150 in books. I did it again the next day. >.>

Jumpstart 09-02-2008 04:32 PM

erm... i say yes i guess... but isn't easier to make a book recommendation sub-forum???

james 09-02-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellFireFtw (Post 134962)
erm... i say yes i guess... but isn't easier to make a book recommendation sub-forum???

A Literature Sub-Forum would probably include a Book Recommendation thread.

On a more important note, Momi-chan wants.

BatgirlZKE 09-02-2008 07:55 PM

I requested it and included any book-related threads I could find.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and keep posting if you want this forum!

Jumpstart 09-03-2008 04:43 PM

me still wants i just find an old copy of the book NEXT by the author who wrote Jurassic Park (forgets his name often*)

mamoru 09-03-2008 05:18 PM

I'd sure like a subforum dedicated for literature. I replaced sleeping for reading \o\.

BatgirlZKE 09-03-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellFireFtw (Post 136147)
me still wants i just find an old copy of the book NEXT by the author who wrote Jurassic Park (forgets his name often*)

Michael Crichton :)

Used Cheap HC:
Amazon.com: Next: Michael Crichton: Books

Another Used cheap HC:

Used Cheap PB:

TheRhymenoceros 09-03-2008 09:49 PM

I think it's a brilliant idea, bring it on.....

Mitchi 10-14-2008 09:20 PM

*sigh* While I'm not usually one to resurrect old topics, I just can't let this die.

Does anyone still want to have a Literary Subforum?

JC 10-14-2008 09:27 PM

I'd like it. As much as I like reading, I can't find myself to go out and seek something to suit my interests. I honestly need an opinion of someone to give me a book to read. I blame this on the enormous amounts of books that exist in the world, and I feel I can't necessarily go searching for one to suit my tastes.
I'm amazed I didn't see this thread earlier... :/

BatgirlZKE 10-15-2008 03:12 PM

I suggested it but I think it was bad timing. It was a week before the new MMOG redesign. I didn't want to bug Noe about it too much

Mitchi 10-15-2008 05:46 PM

I say we should try again. Obviously, a lot of people read.

JC 10-15-2008 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatgirlZKE (Post 523982)
I suggested it but I think it was bad timing. It was a week before the new MMOG redesign. I didn't want to bug Noe about it too much

Yeah well, with all the new members and way after the redesign, I say there's a very good chance this subforum will be created this time around.