ggFTW (
-   Literature (
-   -   Creative Writing (

JessikaLeigh 08-26-2010 09:16 AM

Creative Writing
Okay, I think it shoud sit in this section :/

I am a writer, and I love to write stories. Im more of a horror/torture writer. I have a few questions about my imagination.

Am I slightly insane for enjoying writing my horrors? I like to picture it happening in my head. I think it helps me write more emotion into it.

Is it bad that I torture people I dont really like in my stories? For example, the girl that my ex cheated on me with, so in the story, I [or someone eles] kills them, or mentally torment them.

Ps - If you want to read a toned down story [I had to give it in for an English assignment] Click Me

Kudaranai 08-26-2010 09:39 AM

Am I correct to assume you enjoy watching movies like Saws and Hostel? It's a genre, I don't think you're insane for liking to write about it. It's okay as long as they're just fiction and not done to people in real life.

If that is a toned down version, I'm kind of afraid to read the non-toned down version, lol.

Mitchi 08-26-2010 09:40 AM

Nah, that's perfectly normal. You need to get out your psychotic tendencies somehow.

I once wrote a short story about a cannibal in excruciating detail, right down to him talking about the texture of his meal's meat :/

Also, nothing wrong with being slightly insane. It just makes you more creative than everyone else /o/

JessikaLeigh 08-26-2010 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Kudaranai (Post 1325664)
Am I correct to assume you enjoy watching movies like Saws and Hostel?

Weird thing is, I actually cant stand films like that xD

I like to read it, just not watch it.

My current story is kinda like the one I did for english. Atm its at plot & character profile stages. It will hopefully be abit more violent, with torture in more detail [my english one was on a word limit]

Another Question - Is there a place where I could publish my stories on the internet?

Mitchi 08-26-2010 11:16 AM

You could try Fiction press.

Aimee 08-26-2010 11:34 AM

Just read that one. /wants a Non-toned down one >8D

Mitchi 08-26-2010 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Aimee (Post 1325781)
/wants a Non-toned down one >8D

I second this.

JessikaLeigh 08-26-2010 06:43 PM

Well ~ I've just finished my 10-page notes to prepare myself [character profiles, location profiles, basic storyboaring] so I can get started on this tomorrow [if my mother doesnt take me to the hospital]. Will probably take me 3 weeks at max to write and check it. I just hope you guys will like it :py07:

Aimee 08-27-2010 08:24 AM

How long will it be? The story I mean

JessikaLeigh 08-27-2010 03:46 PM

Probably between 3-5 A4 pages. Possibly more, depending on how lazy I am.

Aimee 08-29-2010 05:37 AM

ah cool >8D I look forward to it.

JessikaLeigh 09-05-2010 08:26 PM

Well. Im in the process of writing my story, and I have to say. Im quite disturbed by my own writing.

It has, what I would say are controversial subjects in it, and I dont believe I should post it on here. So when I've finished, I will have to find eles where to post it [possibly a new blog]

Does that sound okay to others?

Advenna 09-05-2010 11:51 PM

I just read what you linked in the first post, and although creepy, it was a good read.

And I would like to see the finished story on the new blog (or wherever you decide to put it). :)

Aimee 09-11-2010 04:34 AM

/only just saw the post.

If you upload it to another blog and link I'm sure that would be fine.

It sounds like it's gonna be a good one >8D

Catharsis 09-11-2010 04:42 AM

Have you heard of the Sylvia Plath Effect? Apparently, female creative writers are more prone to depression and suicide than others.

I used to write angst and violence. It was after a very dramatic and traumatic part of my life. When I read my novel a couple of years later, I realized that I mirrored some real-life issues and people into my story. In a way, I think writing about disturbing things is a coping mechanism to get through real life. It's therapeutic, so just keep going.

I high advise you to keep the more shocking stories away from your school, though. Your teacher might think you have emotional and mental issues and report you to the guidance counselor.

Aimee 09-11-2010 04:45 AM

^ That happened to me when I was in high school. I wrote a super depressing poem about a girl committing suicide for a poetry thing we were doing and it flared up alot with the teachers.

Looking at it now, I can remember why I wrote it like that, but it makes me facepalm too.

JessikaLeigh 09-16-2010 10:41 AM

Its a lot longer then I thought it would be. Its 3 nearly 4 pages just setting it up to the bad stuff :/

If you guys want a sneek-peak I'll make a new blog and post it. I don't want to filth up ggftw ^^;;

Aimee 09-23-2010 10:28 AM

oops, didn't see your reply.

Sneak peak sounds good, or a plot/juicy piece of info

twinblade 11-06-2013 12:08 AM

That's okay I think. As long as the preceding events that lead to whatever it is is quite logical. I mean there are some stories where a preceding event seems to have been forced just to proceed to what the writer wants to happen.

I do that a lot that's why every after some "burst-writing" as I would call it, I re-read the whole story up to that point. Although I still end up writing an illogical chain of events but that's on me now. :D