Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake
Default NaNoWriMo

National Novel Writing Month

November is National Novel Writing month. That's right.

I know a LOT of us on GG are writers. The old Writing challenge Cath and I tried to do is proof of that.

So get a note pad and start writing.

It doesn't have to be good.

It doesn't have to be creative.

It doesn't have to be original.

It just has to be a novel. A 50k long written piece made for the sheer joy of writing.

Do it.

It starts At 12:01 am November 1st and runs until midnight November 30th. I know I'll be joining, and I know it will be a crap piece of work. But by god, I'm gonna freaking write.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

i did that 3 years ago. i was actually thinking of trying it out again sometime... i'm a bit weary because this is my senior year and all so i'm still not so sure.

10-26-2009   #3 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud ofRhois has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

I wish I could fly over to your place Mitchi, and write with you there. D<

This is probably going to be the hardest writing challenge I've ever done. Since I'm an obsesser for getting each sentence 'word perfect'.

10-26-2009   #4 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

well the NaNoWriMo people tend to emphasis just writing without thought during november and do any major editing after it's over to stop you from slowing down

10-26-2009   #5 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

If I crap out halfway through, I'd gladly be your editor, Len-chan.

10-26-2009   #6 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

I tried last year and couldn't because I didn't have time. Maybe I'll try again this year. A friend of mine got past 50k words last year.

10-28-2009   #7 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

It's a deadline without a prize? No thanks, I'll write at my own pace and maybe someday I'll get monies for my works.

10-28-2009   #8 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflake
It's a deadline without a prize? No thanks, I'll write at my own pace and maybe someday I'll get monies for my works.
Actually, the insane deadline is a point. It's not a contest, it's a personal challenge. The whole point is there's SO MANY people that say "I wanna write a novel some day and it will be AWESOME" and yet never get around to it.

This is for those people so they can just get something out there, like proving to yourself that you CAN do it.

10-28-2009   #9 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi
Actually, the insane deadline is a point. It's not a contest, it's a personal challenge. The whole point is there's SO MANY people that say "I wanna write a novel some day and it will be AWESOME" and yet never get around to it.

This is for those people so they can just get something out there, like proving to yourself that you CAN do it.
took the words right out of my mouth. though the website does say that if i'm not mistaken.

well i officially decided i am gonna pass on this because the semester's looking real rough for november.

10-28-2009   #10 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

I get the feeling halfway through this I'll be screaming "WRRRRYYYYYYYYY?" and calling it NaNoWRYMo.

It will be glorious.

10-28-2009   #11 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionAdmin AwardMost Valuable StaffMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchi

That's what I always say e.e

Maybe I'll do this. If I have tiem, school's brutal ;_;

10-31-2009   #12 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Gah, start date is at midnight and I don't have a clue what I'm going to write.

10-31-2009   #13 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

Same here. I just know I'm going to do it.

10-31-2009   #14 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Alright guys, It starts in less than an hour my time, and it's already started for other people in idfferent time zones. I'll get all the preparations and start writing.

11-05-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Jumpercable is on a distinguished road

How's everyone fairing?

11-05-2009   #16 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

I think we're the only ones doing this, lol.

I'm at...well, my status is always in my sig. I just broke 10k last night, I'm going for 12k before I go to bed.

11-07-2009   #17 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

I'm off to a late start and was out all day today so I started writing my novel on my new Blackberry. I'm gonna make the goal this year.

11-07-2009   #18 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Today was the first day i haven't been able to write, but I'm already like 3 days ahead, since I knew this would happen eventually.

11-11-2009   #19 (permalink)
FailTale Player
Special

HienRose is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to HienRose
IGN: Allenor
Class: Fire Mage lt_mage
Level: 31
Guild: Nutmeg

I actually decided to take this up late but either way, I know I probably won't finish anytime soon, so... at least I started, right? I got encouraged for some reason, not really sure as to why. Although, right now I'm just writing a complete rough draft then making changes later, etc.

Pokemon Heart Gold - 2536 5804 2368 - BROMONT
-I will try to be more active on these forums for the sole purpose of Pokemon, yeah!-

11-11-2009   #20 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

That's what I'm doing too. I'm just rushing into it, paying to mind to typos. I haven't written anything for a couple of days because I can't think of what to write though.