ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Literature (http://ggftw.com/forum/literature/)
-   -   NaNoWriMo (http://ggftw.com/forum/literature/61775-nanowrimo.html)

Mitchi 10-26-2009 07:21 PM

NaNoWriMo

National Novel Writing Month

November is National Novel Writing month. That's right.

I know a LOT of us on GG are writers. The old Writing challenge Cath and I tried to do is proof of that.

So get a note pad and start writing.

It doesn't have to be good.

It doesn't have to be creative.

It doesn't have to be original.

It just has to be a novel. A 50k long written piece made for the sheer joy of writing.

Do it.

It starts At 12:01 am November 1st and runs until midnight November 30th. I know I'll be joining, and I know it will be a crap piece of work. But by god, I'm gonna freaking write.

PedroRomero 10-26-2009 07:24 PM

i did that 3 years ago. i was actually thinking of trying it out again sometime... i'm a bit weary because this is my senior year and all so i'm still not so sure.

Rhois 10-26-2009 07:26 PM

I wish I could fly over to your place Mitchi, and write with you there. D<

This is probably going to be the hardest writing challenge I've ever done. Since I'm an obsesser for getting each sentence 'word perfect'.

PedroRomero 10-26-2009 07:44 PM

well the NaNoWriMo people tend to emphasis just writing without thought during november and do any major editing after it's over to stop you from slowing down

Mitchi 10-26-2009 08:24 PM

If I crap out halfway through, I'd gladly be your editor, Len-chan.

Sodacan 10-26-2009 10:06 PM

I tried last year and couldn't because I didn't have time. Maybe I'll try again this year. A friend of mine got past 50k words last year.

Cornflake 10-28-2009 10:57 AM

It's a deadline without a prize? No thanks, I'll write at my own pace and maybe someday I'll get monies for my works.

Mitchi 10-28-2009 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornflake (Post 1030503)
It's a deadline without a prize? No thanks, I'll write at my own pace and maybe someday I'll get monies for my works.

Actually, the insane deadline is a point. It's not a contest, it's a personal challenge. The whole point is there's SO MANY people that say "I wanna write a novel some day and it will be AWESOME" and yet never get around to it.

This is for those people so they can just get something out there, like proving to yourself that you CAN do it.

PedroRomero 10-28-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchi (Post 1030632)
Actually, the insane deadline is a point. It's not a contest, it's a personal challenge. The whole point is there's SO MANY people that say "I wanna write a novel some day and it will be AWESOME" and yet never get around to it.

This is for those people so they can just get something out there, like proving to yourself that you CAN do it.

took the words right out of my mouth. though the website does say that if i'm not mistaken.

well i officially decided i am gonna pass on this because the semester's looking real rough for november.

Mitchi 10-28-2009 03:02 PM

I get the feeling halfway through this I'll be screaming "WRRRRYYYYYYYYY?" and calling it NaNoWRYMo.

It will be glorious.

Sandrie 10-28-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchi (Post 1030632)

That's what I always say e.e

Maybe I'll do this. If I have tiem, school's brutal ;_;

Mitchi 10-31-2009 09:17 AM

Gah, start date is at midnight and I don't have a clue what I'm going to write. :(

Sodacan 10-31-2009 12:59 PM

Same here. I just know I\'m going to do it.

Mitchi 10-31-2009 10:12 PM

Alright guys, It starts in less than an hour my time, and it\'s already started for other people in idfferent time zones. I\'ll get all the preparations and start writing.

Jumpercable 11-05-2009 08:29 PM

How\'s everyone fairing?

Mitchi 11-05-2009 09:07 PM

I think we\'re the only ones doing this, lol.

I\'m at...well, my status is always in my sig. I just broke 10k last night, I\'m going for 12k before I go to bed.

Sodacan 11-07-2009 09:17 PM

I\'m off to a late start and was out all day today so I started writing my novel on my new Blackberry. I\'m gonna make the goal this year.

Mitchi 11-07-2009 11:00 PM

Today was the first day i haven\'t been able to write, but I\'m already like 3 days ahead, since I knew this would happen eventually.

HienRose 11-11-2009 08:18 AM

I actually decided to take this up late but either way, I know I probably won\'t finish anytime soon, so... at least I started, right? I got encouraged for some reason, not really sure as to why. Although, right now I\'m just writing a complete rough draft then making changes later, etc.

Mitchi 11-11-2009 09:42 AM

That\'s what I\'m doing too. I\'m just rushing into it, paying to mind to typos. I haven\'t written anything for a couple of days because I can\'t think of what to write though.