ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Literature (http://ggftw.com/forum/literature/)
-   -   The Creative Writing Thread (http://ggftw.com/forum/literature/55779-creative-writing-thread.html)

Moonflow 08-24-2009 09:23 PM

The Creative Writing Thread

A simple game to get your creative juices flowing.

The task is to create any kind of writing (poem, short story, song, limerick, interview, article, joke, etc.)

But there is a catch.
You must include the five words given to you by the user above.

So for example if i was to post

Lemon
Loli
Raining
Computer
Bored

You could write something like - A bored loli sat at home on her computer because it was raining outside, she got a little hungry but had nothing to eat but a lemon.

Or you could make a poem, or a song, it can be long or short, anything you want, but it has to include those five words.

After your post , include a new set of words for the next user.

So Lets get started.

Pen
Smoking
Music
Train
Manga

PedroRomero 08-24-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleWing (Post 950534)

Pen
Smoking
Music
Train
Manga

Chewing on the cap of his pen, he watched as the countryside flickered by. It was the least he could do to keep from thinking about smoking. The desire was eating at him, and he felt his inside clinch with need. He tried distracting himself with the manga he picked up at the station before boarding, and the soft music coming from his earphones, but nothing helped. So he chewed. gnawed. and gnashed his teeth over the black plastic, wishing for it to pass.

edit to add my choice 5 words-
chicken
wonderful
simpleton
rejected
sun

NoeJeko 08-24-2009 09:34 PM

One wonderful morning, a simpleton chicken rejected the existence of the sun. He gathered a cult of followers and began to praise the existence of Cluckra, the Chicken Sun God. To prove their loyalty the chicken cult stripped themselves of all their feathers and ran head-first into a fiery oven. I had a great dinner.

Also,

ambiguous
chastise
photon
bureaucracy
pimp

MsSquid 08-24-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko (Post 950545)
One wonderful morning, a simpleton chicken rejected the existence of the sun. He gathered a cult of followers and began to praise the existence of Cluckra, the Chicken Sun God. To prove their loyalty the chicken cult stripped themselves of all their feathers and ran head-first into a fiery oven. I had a great dinner.

Also,

ambiguous
chastise
photon
bureaucracy
pimp

The Ambiguous nun walked into a students dorm. It was a mess. The nun called the student into the office and chastised her. The nun said that messy rooms could cause photon imbalances which could heavily affect the neutron stabilizers placed around the school. The bureaucracy had them installed after a pimp tried to create an anti electronic influx in order to pick up students from the school.

Also,
Carrots
Warrior
Dead
Filming
Filibuster

NoeJeko 08-24-2009 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice (Post 950553)
The Ambiguous nun walked into a students dorm. It was a mess. The nun called the student into the office and chastised her. The nun said that messy rooms could cause photon imbalances which could heavily affect the neutron stabilizers placed around the school. The bureaucracy had them installed after a pimp tried to create an anti electronic influx in order to pick up students from the school.

Also,
Carrots
Warrior
Dead
Filming
Filibuster

While filming the summer's hottest new movies, a dead warrior rose from his grave to munch on fresh carrots. Congress attempted to ban the movie for gore but the bill ended in filibuster. Watch for "The Undead", the new Quinten Tarentino film summer of 2010!

Also,
kitten
chainsaw
sunshine
guillotine
international

Zegridathes 08-24-2009 09:55 PM

Sir Loin hadn't the slightest clue what he'd done wrong. He was sitting in the sunshine in the park spending quality time with his new kitten when a half-dozen or so police bore down on him and took him in to custody. Now he was locked up in the Hague on charges of international war crimes. He was fearful for his life. "Surely the guillotine isn't still in use?", he thought to himself aloud.
Another inmate heard him and offered, "I understand you can get out if you manage to use the following five words in poetry or prose:

alabaster
ganglia
toothpick
aegis
bushings,

best of luck to 'ye."

Bob 08-24-2009 09:56 PM

kitten
chainsaw
sunshine
guillotine
international

Kitten, kitten, kitten~
Why do you try to cut me with a chainsaw. Oh, little kitten.
The sunshine is out. Why don't you go play outside?
Why must you murder me on this beautiful day?
If they find out, they will get you.
If they find out, there is someone waiting for you.
O' beautiful guillotine, bring me my vengence,
For the little kitten has gotten me.
International.

I tried. LOL POEM.

Phone
Haunted
Benign
Elephant
Quickly

Moonflow 08-25-2009 07:36 AM

Haunted by a phone that never rings
Haunted by a tumour that is not benign
Haunted by a feeling of falling from the sky as quickly as an elephant on my way to die.

Swan
Pink
Filter
Cup
Always

Bob 08-25-2009 11:54 AM

I stared out at the lake before me with a pink cup of heaven in my hands. I take a sip of the tea and sighed longingly. The sounds of nature filtered through my ears and became music. The sight of the swans swam through my eyes and became art. Nature has always taken me to a place which I never want to leave.

Swam through? Fail. :(

Hello
Bottle
Keyboard
Chicken
Banana

iFarted 08-25-2009 12:18 PM

A chicken was walking around a farm one day, when he stumbled upon a strange creature.
"Hello" said the mysterious being.
"Uh.. h-hi?" replied the cautiously chicken, "W-what are you?"
"Me? I am a keyboard. A talking keyboard. Would you... like to try a banana?" offered the menace-looking keyboard.
"Mommy told me not to take things from strangers", retorted the chicken.
"Oh really? This banana can grant you power beyond your imagination. Just one bite.. and you'll have the ability to create multiple copies of yourself", smirked the keyboard.
"R-really?" said the amazed, yet worried chicken.
"Yes.. just one bite. That's all", said the keyboard.
"Well, I suppose one bite can't hurt" said the chicken as he took the banana from the keyboard.

The chicken took a bite of the banana, and soon afterward, his stomach was grumbling very violently. His anus felt like it was in raging flames. He quickly waddled his way to the bathroom and unleashed Armageddon into a bottle.
"UGUUUUU!" screamed the chicken in pain.
And PLOP! An egg was made.

Mouse
Cheese
Swim
Cat
Trap

Shiki 08-25-2009 12:42 PM

The trap was strategically laid;the mouse was bound to be caught. A swim later, shocked I was, to see the cat's paw on the trap,and the mouse was haughtily nibbling on the cheese used as bait.

Words:

Trust
Lonesome
Apple
Perfect
Time

Moonflow 08-25-2009 01:35 PM

The apple of my eye.
The love of my life.
Your perfect form won't leave my mind.
The only one who ever cared.
The only one i could ever trust.
But time took you away and now i'm lonesome again~

Rebel
Heart
Cold
Mind
Motion

PedroRomero 08-25-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleWing (Post 951177)
Rebel
Heart
Cold
Mind
Motion

A wee little rebel
drank some soup
to warm his heart
on the cold cold stoop.

he drank two cups
and asked for more
with a motion of his hand
he begged the store.

"gimme seconds
if you don't mind"
and that with that done
he left the rind.

i dunno what rind i just needed a word.

5 words:
pizza
roses
shiver
towel
interactive

Bob 08-26-2009 07:16 AM

pizza
roses
shiver
towel
interactive

The couple was eating a delicious homemade pizza dinner over candlelight. Roses decorated the dining room and romantic music was playing. They stared into each other's eyes and their expressions became mischievous. The woman got up and started running upstairs with the man right on her tail. They became much more interactive...

They left the bathroom soaking wet and wearing only towels. The woman slightly shivered as the colder air of the hallway hit her and looked up at the man. "That was some good pizza."

Domo
Correlate
Differentiate
Cheese
Creative

Krakas 09-09-2009 03:45 AM

((I have no clue which Domo you meant, so I'm going with Domo-kun))

The girl simply gave up and slumped on her desk. She was baffled. How did her and her friend's scores correlate to such a high degree that there was a tie? And there was no way that she was halving shares for that cute Domo-kun toy with her friend. she'd just have to get creative, and find a way to prove she beat her friend.

"Well, we tied at 100%. Now the bet is useless..." Her friend sounded as frustrated as she felt. "There has to be a way where we can differentiate our skill."

Then an idea hit her. "I bet I can eat more cheese than you in one minute!"

Her friend grinned from ear to ear. "Your on!"

-----

Relation
Creation
Animation
Annotation
Civilization

Bob 09-12-2009 10:29 AM

The
Annotation to the
Animation said all artistic