- - Create A Story
11-05-2008 05:43 AM
Create A Story
The idea of this thread is to create a story one full sentence at a time.
How it works is simple, you write one line, then someone else writes a line, and together we create a unique story.
It could turn out to be anything from science fiction to a mystery to comedy to, well, anything.
Just have fun, be creative and use your imagination.
To keep things in order there are a few simple rules to follow.
Please read them before posting.
1. Before posting anything read ALL of the posts before yours so that you don't post something completely outside the story line or in conflict with the characters.
2. Each post should be a single sentence which continues the story from the earlier posts. Don't write multi-sentence paragraphs. Be reasonable about how long or complex your sentence is. This isn't about showing off, it's about writing a story. Very short sentences are welcome and encouraged if they make sense and contribute to the story.
3. Don't intentionally disrupt the story with randomness. Feel free to introduce new ideas, or characters, or settings, but keep it reasonable. Please don't randomly kill off characters, or introduce things that make no sense or are not connected to the story. If you throw in something too far outside the flow, I will respond with a post that recommends ignoring your contribution. We will simply skip over such disruptive posts as if they never existed.
4. This thread is open to everyone, long-time members, noobs, and everyone in between. Please respect everyone's contributions and don't get personal about who posted what. Everyone is welcome.
5. Be willing to go with the flow. The story will likely take unexpected turns, which is part of the point. It you had planned something to happen and someone else's post makes it impossible, think of something new, or come up with a way to turn the story back to where you thought it was going.
6. The characters, the setting, the entire story is SHARED by everyone. Everyone may introduce new things, or make an existing character do something new. Even if you introduce a new character, it does not belong to you. Anyone may step in and have them do things.
7. Be patient. Build the story slowly. Don't be in a rush to hurry the plot along. Take time to be descriptive. Take small steps, not sudden leaps.
8. No double posting. Once you have contributed a sentence, you need to wait for someone else to respond with their own before you can add another.
All right, now let's see if we have any creative writers out there. I hope at least a few people will be interested in joining in.
Here we go . . .
Jenny had allways been a smart girl,but for the first time in her life she had made a dreadful mistake.
11-05-2008 08:53 AM
It wasn't like she was perfect or anything.
11-05-2008 06:14 PM
It had always bothered her that despite the fact that she was merely human, there were several who chose to hold her on a pedestal, simply because she was always so careful to avoid such faults.
11-05-2008 08:04 PM
She held a secret though, and it was clawing its way out.
11-05-2008 11:41 PM
'Jenny' someone shouted.Her mind snapped back to there and then as she turned round to see a farmiler face coming towards her.
11-06-2008 05:43 AM
She felt a grimace threatening to overcome her features, and quickly forced it down with the sweetest smile she could muster.
11-07-2008 09:07 PM
However, being the person that she was, it was hard for Jenny to keep a straight face when she really just wanted to turn the other way and run, so her forced smile turned out kind of weird, causing her friend to sense that something was wrong.
11-07-2008 10:52 PM
"Whats wrong?" Jenny's friend asked. "Nothing." she replied with a look of complete anguish and suppressed aggression.
11-07-2008 11:44 PM
''just a little surprised to see you thats all'' she lied, and not too convincingly.
11-08-2008 08:34 AM
With slight suspicions her friend looked on. Hey, you know the big festival is coming soon? Any ideas on who you want to ask?
11-08-2008 08:55 PM
At the mention of the word "festival", butterflies of guilt burst in her stomach and she accidentally cried out in terror: "YOU CAN'T GO TO THE FEST - I mean, you can't go..alone?" she finally squeaked.
11-08-2008 09:15 PM
"So I take it you're coming with me to the festival then?" Jenny reluctantly let out a weak No. "You're never any fun Jenny, I guess I'll see you around." Jenny's friend walked off, and Jenny felt somewhat relieved.
11-10-2008 06:36 AM
After letting off a large deep sigh of relief Jenny continues to walk home.
11-10-2008 08:40 PM
But even at home she could not escape the hauntings of her guilt: she had to tell someone.
11-10-2008 08:57 PM
"But who? Anyone I tell has the chance of not believing me" she said to her self.
11-10-2008 10:48 PM
'But would I even want anyone to believe me?' she thought - she felt awful about it, and with the festival inching ever closer, someone was bound to find out and she hope it wouldn't be her friend who would.
11-11-2008 01:11 PM
"If Claire found out she would never hang around me again." She stated to herself in fear. I must keep this hidden from everyone.
Edit: friends name is now Claire sorry for the confusion.
11-11-2008 01:24 PM
"If Jenny found out she would never hang around me again." She stated to herself in fear. I must keep this hidden from everyone.
Off topic: Ah..In my post, I was being Jenny o-o; .Maybe we should give her friend a name so we don't get confused?
11-11-2008 05:18 PM
*The phone rings* Jenny checks the phone. "It's Claire."
11-11-2008 05:23 PM
The temptation to not answear was there but she was allways taught to never run away from her problems, and claire was most certainaly one of her problems.
[ yea feel free to add or kill characters so long its sensible and not someone like uncle paul the pedo;p]