Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-04-2008   #1 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP
Default Living with social phobia.

Edited for privacy reasons.

Last edited by Moonflow; 07-25-2009 at 07:35 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-10-2008   #2 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

How's your mom doing?

I understand your social phobia, a whole lot of my friends were like you. I was that annoying kid who got picked on all the time and really had few friends, but i wasnt uncomfortable to be around. I guess that because of my "i have no friends, will you be my friend? I wont judge you if you dont judge me" attitude helped, and im hoping that i made an impact on some of them. It also helped that, although i talk a hell of a lot, i cant hold a conversation, so if anyone else joined into my ramblings, i would shut up and listen and stop rambling. Granted, it consisted of a lot of "yeah, ok, :nod: uh-huh's" i would actually listen and relate things they would later say to things that had been said before, so it was apparent that i was actually listening.

How old are you now, and how are you doing now? Reason i ask, i want to make sure the drinking and smoking, etc. didnt have a negative impact. I understand how they help in the "now" but for some, it makes the social phobia harder to overcome.

11-10-2008   #3 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globalastro
How's your mom doing?

I understand your social phobia, a whole lot of my friends were like you. I was that annoying kid who got picked on all the time and really had few friends, but i wasnt uncomfortable to be around. I guess that because of my "i have no friends, will you be my friend? I wont judge you if you dont judge me" attitude helped, and im hoping that i made an impact on some of them. It also helped that, although i talk a hell of a lot, i cant hold a conversation, so if anyone else joined into my ramblings, i would shut up and listen and stop rambling. Granted, it consisted of a lot of "yeah, ok, :nod: uh-huh's" i would actually listen and relate things they would later say to things that had been said before, so it was apparent that i was actually listening.

How old are you now, and how are you doing now? Reason i ask, i want to make sure the drinking and smoking, etc. didnt have a negative impact. I understand how they help in the "now" but for some, it makes the social phobia harder to overcome.
Thanks for the reply and understanding.
My mums ok, it was hell but she got through it and got back on her feet.
As for the drink and drugs, that pretty much stopped once i finished at TVU and got a job back in my home town, met a girl and had a relationship for 2-3years,who is now my ex, but thats another story.
I still strugle with being social and find it very hard to hold down a job because i'll avoid people even when im aware that i shouldn't be doing it and have no reason to do so.
I also feel bad for some of my friends who must think i hate them or something because i never wanna hang out and allways make some excuse to get out of it.
I really should try and explain my situation to them sometime.
A friend from trickster asked me the other day why i enjoy playing mmo's but hate being social.
Thats an interesting question, i guess its my compensation for the real thing and since there is no real contact i dont feel uncomfortable

11-10-2008   #4 (permalink)
Classic.
Games
Trickster Online

TheRhymenoceros is a jewel in the roughTheRhymenoceros is a jewel in the roughTheRhymenoceros is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to TheRhymenoceros
Class: Professional badass
Level: 27

I think I finally know whats wrong with me, because I have all of the symptoms of Social phobia.

11-10-2008   #5 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

i slowly became semi-antisocial after school.... i chit chat all the time online, but dont call me and i wont hang out because i get so uncomfortable and never know what to do, but thats different from what u have, so thats a different topic

11-13-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Phobias is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Phobias
IGN: Phobias
Class: Magic to_wizard
Level: 2xx
Guild: Caballa

I was Diagnosed in 2007, You can pretty much guess why i have this username.
Prozac 20mg ftw.

11-19-2008   #7 (permalink)
~_~
Games
Dragon NestLuniaDungeon Fighter Online

Pathos has disabled reputation

It sounds like you've gone through so much >_<

There's a kid in my Health class who has somewhat of a social phobia. He literally never talks to anyone, nor does he speak to the students or teachers at all. He's a nice person though~

Hopefully you are doing okay now

02-05-2009   #8 (permalink)
Addicted to BoA
Games
MapleStoryRagnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLeague of Legends

DarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really niceDarkAmbience is just really nice

The symptoms of Social Phobia sound just like what I feel when around people.
Though I'm not sure if it includes talking occasionally (Only when spoken to)

@ Arc,

Lol, that's what my classmates would've said.
Coincidence too, I was in Health for the semester that you typed that. xD