LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-14-2009   #21 (permalink)
Has Trouble Sleeping
Special

CountBlood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to CountBlood
Guild: Red Eclipse

Ahh I totally forgot about The Giver... Twas a sad book indeed

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-17-2009   #22 (permalink)
~_~
Games
Dragon NestLuniaDungeon Fighter Online

Pathos has disabled reputation

The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas. One of the greatest romance novels around~

02-17-2009   #23 (permalink)
-

Cornlito has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Cornlito
Guild: Frenchbread

for a second there i thought the thread title was books that touched you in no no places. ANYWAY!

I read a lot of books, and i mean a lot but none of them really get to me. Though a series that i love to read is the Last Apprentice, the book has good imagery.

Though i have found that amny writers are like me with books and it seems that many people when writing their own stories do get sad as in cry. They get attacted to thier character, when reading anothers book they may not have the same connection as the author, or none at all, and i find that affects how people feel for it in the end.

03-02-2009   #24 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

The Te of Piglet. I know, my infantile mind cannot yet comprehend the classics (not to mention that I don't really like Fiction books), but the book mixes basic Taoist teachings with child-like curiosity and language~ I think I wanna be a Taoist now~

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

03-04-2009   #25 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

The Folk of the Faraway Tree: Enid Blyton.

One of those books i have fond memories of.
Reading it as a kid i felt like i was on an adventure with the children in the story , going to strange new lands and meeting people who lived in the clouds at the top of the tree <3

04-24-2009   #26 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

MassivelyMO is on a distinguished road

Push by Sapphire. That's one of the realest books I've ever read. And Down These Mean Streets.

04-24-2009   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Some of the Dune books, 1984, Golden Compass (and the other two I don't recall names for), others I've forgotten about. These are just the most recent ones.

04-24-2009   #28 (permalink)
<3
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerTHE CHAMP

Vaizado will become famous soon enough
IGN: Vaiki

tuesdays with morrie

04-24-2009   #29 (permalink)
FABULOUS MILKSHAKES
Games
Ragnarok Online
Awards Twitter Fan

Milkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the roughMilkshakes is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Lady GaGa
Class: Pop Star lt_bard
Level: ∞
Guild: Haus Of GaGa

Matilda and Charlotte's Web. Great stories made by great writers.

04-28-2009   #30 (permalink)
situation walkspace
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

mamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond reputemamoru has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Moli
Class: Kardashian to_primadonna
Guild: Hores
Xfire: logicks

sahara special and tender morsels

04-28-2009   #31 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Death of a Salesman: I think this was the first book I voluntarily took seriously. I almost cried at the end -- only 'cause the music cues got in my head.

Lord of the Flies: It didn't touch me emotionally, but it really made me think about society.

The Giver: I remember reading this in the 6th grade. Made me re-think my perspective on rules and conformity.

The Invisible Man: Now, I don't really like reading about what Blacks faced through during the early years of integration 'cause it's been taught so much, but this book really caught my attention after the first few chapters of torture and electricity. I think this was the first thing I've read that really shocked me about the era of integration, pun intended.

Brave New World: By far, one of my favorite books (alongside Death of a Salesman). It's the prime example of a world run by technology. What I find most fascinating about this is that Huxley managed to depict the brutal truth about what really seems to be inevitable at such a primitive (excuse the incorrect diction) time of technology.

Catcher in the Rye: Really liked this because it illustrated what a normal teenager would probably do, given the freedom and means to "get away". Ditching school, running away from home, and trying to get laid. `-`

Hope I didn't spoil anything on accident. ;x

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

04-28-2009   #32 (permalink)
C'est La Vie

Mysteria will become famous soon enoughMysteria will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mysteria
IGN: Eyelash
Level: 143

Harry Potter - My favourite fantasy series, almost cried when they released the final book

Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass. - These really gets you thinking of the world outside of our universe. (Alternate dimensions anyone?) Was sad in the end when the 2 love birds had to split up because they live in different dimensions.

04-30-2009   #33 (permalink)
is cute + gore

Point has a spectacular aura aboutPoint has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaizado
tuesdays with morrie
same author, but other book instead: The Five People You Meet In Heaven. Very powerful and emotional, read it all in one go.

04-30-2009   #34 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSaber
Some of the Dune books, 1984, Golden Compass (and the other two I don't recall names for), others I've forgotten about. These are just the most recent ones.
Subtle Knife and Amber Spyglass, loved that series too.

The Dragons series by Patricia Werde, really the first fantasy books that REALLY got me to enjoy reading.

The first book - Eragon is one of my favorite books even to this day, though the sequels aren't that impressive.

04-30-2009   #35 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

Death of a Salesman made me cry for quite a while.
Hmm, what else books did I like.
Pride and Prejudice, Emma, War and Peace was a epic as well. Brothers Karamakov and Crime and Punishment were awesome in my opinion.

04-30-2009   #36 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

The Bartimaeus Triology - Great trilogy, I cried a bit at the end of the last book. (I wanted more NathanielxKitty, though ;_; they're such a tsundere pairing)

these swimming gays ruined my life

04-30-2009   #37 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Didn't touch me emotionally but.
The Jon Shannow series: Wolf in Shadow, The Last Guardian, Bloodstone. Epic badass hero whos searching for Jerusalem after a tidal wave destroys most of earth.
Dark Moon, epic badass main hero and epic badass bard.
White wolf and Swords of night and day series. Epic badassery, and even more epic once Druss shows up. 50+ year old man with a massive axe who can cleave through 20 men.
All the above by David Gemmell, I recommend anything by him if you enjoy heroic fantasy.
Solomon Kane series which was written in the 1930s upto I THINK the 50s/60s would have to check can't remember who it was by.
The Gaunts Ghosts series by Dan Abnett, so many of my favourite characters died Q_Q
The Eisenhorn trilogy by Dan Abnett, series was written from the first person point of view which made it quite good.

And the only book to make me even shed a tear.
War of the Ancients trilogy by Richard Knaak. Crap writer but the last page made me shed a tear.

Last edited by Metty; 04-30-2009 at 09:45 PM.

04-30-2009   #38 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

bahboh will become famous soon enoughbahboh will become famous soon enough
IGN: ryukai/Tokida
Class: Dark Lord/Boxer to_wizard
Level: 17X/7X
Guild: SOSBrigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos
The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas. One of the greatest romance novels around~
iono if i would consider it romance *shrugs*, but i have to admit it was a good book

for a touching book,
Bless Me, Ultima - not only did i learned my spanish curse words from here, but also somehow felt very drawn by it (or maybe it was just because of the raging hormones that tend to come during that time in life...)
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - its full of gar
oh yes and i nearly forgot, The Alchemist - the deepness of this book is like the little prince but better imo

04-30-2009   #39 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

michelle432 has a spectacular aura aboutmichelle432 has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Foxy,Kitty,Suicidal :3
Level: 200ish
Guild: Euphoria
Xfire: wth is xfire

To kill a mockingbird- made me realize about the racism and discrimination thats is probably still occuring.
The child called it- made me realize how lucky i was for having caring parents

05-01-2009   #40 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Sanctus has a spectacular aura aboutSanctus has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Syora

Almost all of the Chicken Soup for the ___ books. They make me realize what some people go through in life wether it's good or bad.