Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-15-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

YukitchiSan is on a distinguished road
Default Im getting tired

hello evryone..

wow its been awhile since I last visited this site. oh mai oh mai..... I dont know if others still remembers me xD.. teeeeheee

Hmzz,,, ok lets get this started.

As what the title says.. Im getting tired.. yeah really really tired. tired of what? tired of waiting, tired of thinking what should I do with life...

lemme give u a gist of it.

i graduated from a University at the age of 19 , majoring in Business Administration. After I graduated I decided to rest for a month before I looked for a job. And yeah, the first company I applied in is also the first company who hired me ( after all I didn't try for any other company).

Im currently an accountant in accounting firm eventhough Accountancy is not my major. How did I get in? I have this schoolmate in college (whom I have never realized that he was actually my classmate until he just told me) who happened to be related to the owner of the company Im working with right now. Its not a big company though.

Ive been staying in this company for a year now... i dont have any complaints in this company, in fact I enjoyed working and staying here because I really really like the people whom Im working with. ..and because our work needs a big passion and dedication, i dont really mind whether I worked during saturdays and sundays just to beat our deadline with our clients. I never regretted the fact that I even experienced sleeping in the office during the audit season . I never regretted having those sleepless nights. I had fun. I learned and I did enjoy. Im staying in this job because Im really really lucky to have my boss treating me like her little sister. Its quite a handful having a nice colleagues whom you can share simple laughs ... your food being feast upon. etc.

Im also lucky being offered by the company to pursue studying ACCOUNTANCY or MBA and all expenses paid by them. (well they are actually offering this to almost all of the employees who have stayed with them for the longest of time)....

I have a supporting family, nice friends and etc. What more can I ask for?

At the end of the day, while I was taking the bus going back home, i felt tired of the routinary acts im doing with my job. Honestly, i dont like my job. Its not like I dont like the people im working with, in fact I love them. if i can just stay with them forever then I would....but I do know within myself that this job is not for me. I dont belong in this kind of industry. I know deep within myself that I have something for ARTS and COMPUTER related stuff, I have thought of pursuing this but its quite impossible with the course I took.... You might say pursue on studying again but dont you think its kinda late for me to get a new degree? and I can't simply asked my parents to provide me the tuition fee for my studies and working as a part timer won't be sufficient to provide for my needs when I go back to a University.

lets see, im 21 already. That means if im going to take another course that would make me 25 already... eeeewww. Yuki is getting old.

I just hate the fact and even regretted the fact that I just realized too late what I really wanted to do in my life.

Its really hard for me to get up in the morning and feeling so freaking lazy as a bum to go to work and do accounting related stuffs.

On the same context, I dont even know If im actually prepared to resign because Im scared to lose money?? heheheheh.. I dont know. It just felt like im not going anywhere. Its like Im working my ass of and I dont know where I am going.

and btw, this work is very anti-social... why? because I need to attend trainings and study session provided by the company during saturdays.. -.-;;; its mandatory.. I no longer have time to party and i odnt have the time to hunt BF'S outside D<.... eeeew (anyone interested to apply ... just raise my hand?? ahihihi)

Ofcourse, I have my dreams and ambition and being a genius accountant is not included in my plans. I do envy those people who have known what they have wanted from the beginning. I hope I was also the same. =(...

eeewww.....

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"
www.youtube.com/yukeeesan

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-15-2011   #2 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

Late for another graduation? My sis studied 2 years of music, did stop 'cause she was hired on another city from a exam she did 2 years before, now with 30 she's 1 year away from graduating in wrights. Also, 2 of my college classmates are past 40-years-old. And 1 year before I started in college a 75-ish year-old woman graduated in the same course I'm in right now. You can see them as examples if you want to - people are different from each other.
Also, if you're really tired of waiting, why don't just do something to change it?

05-16-2011   #3 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Follow your heart. Do you enjoy your cushy paycheck more, or are you willing to take the risk- including possible pay cuts, or unemployment, and so on- to chase your dreams? Only you can make the decision.

P.S. I'm 25, and only just about to graduate from Uni.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

05-16-2011   #4 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier
P.S. I'm 25, and only just about to graduate from Uni.
Ahh...... The wonders of starting late in Singapore due to conscription.

:brofist:

05-18-2011   #5 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

/activates NEE-CHAN MODE (late!)

You don't need to go back to college just to switch careers. It is perfectly ordinary in the Philippines to do work that has nothing to do with your undergraduate degree.

Case in point: My undergraduate degree is in Business/Economics. My first job was in I.T. (and I knew nothing about Computer Science). My current job is in government, and it has nothing to do with my degree or my past jobs.

If you want to change the kind of work that you do, then look for other opportunities. Do not be afraid to try. When you apply, tell the company that you are WILLING TO LEARN what it takes to do the job, even though you have never done it before. You will have to persevere to learn while on the job, which is very tough.

Since you love your company but hate accounting, talk to your boss. Are there other kinds of work you can do in the company? Companies usually have different kinds of careers available. Maybe your company has a position for someone who can maintain the office computers/network.

You mentioned art... Girl, that's tough. Artists in the Philippines usually starve to death. But if you've tried doing CG or animation work, we do have a fledgling Animation Industry. You'll have to leave your current company, though.

21 is very young. You have time to experiment and try new things. Don't hesitate to change your life right now. You have no children to worry about yet, so financial commitments will not burden your search for the perfect career. Go go go!