Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-09-2011   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^
Awards MoM AwardFacebook Fan

TheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to TheBlackCatXIII
IGN: TheBlackCatXIII
Class: Sense to_scientist
Default Brother heartbroken. What can i do?

So my brother recently had a really bad break up, I've been talking some sense into him but I don't think he's in the mind frame of processing any incoming information. I've had one break up before and I recovered really quickly without feeling too depressed @_@ It was nothing like what he's going through at the moment, so I really don't know what I can do for him.
Any suggestions how I might be able to help him? Talking sense into him is totally not working Q_Q"

One horrible prince. One Life. One Story.
http://horribleprince-onelife-onestory.blogspot.com/

Strive to Love

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-09-2011   #2 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

It may take more time than you think, or it could take less - everyone deals with things differently, so you can't know for sure what will help him.

If it were me, I wouldn't want to be tip-toed around or treated differently. Act normal, maybe do things with him to take his mind off the break-up.

02-09-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^

TheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of light

Ah ohk ^_^ yea i wouldn't either, I'll just be normal then =o
My words probably wouldn't be powerful to him anyway, since I'm the younger one DD=

Strive to Love

Last edited by TheBlackCatXIII; 02-09-2011 at 06:34 AM.

02-09-2011   #4 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMs. ggFTWMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

When me and my sister were closer, she'd still come to me despite her being 3~4 years older.
Just having someone there that understands, or who is willing to listen is always nice, so being younger or older wouldn't matter really.

02-09-2011   #5 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee
When me and my sister were closer, she'd still come to me despite her being 3~4 years older.
Just having someone there that understands, or who is willing to listen is always nice, so being younger or older wouldn't matter really.
Yea age difference doesn't really matter, my sister who is 9 years older than me have recently talked about her relationship problems with me.

Hmm.. I can't really give any tips... >:
Maybe just let him know that if he feels like talking about it, you're there to hear him out.

02-09-2011   #6 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

doo something fun with him.

ice skating.

02-09-2011   #7 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee
It may take more time than you think, or it could take less - everyone deals with things differently, so you can't know for sure what will help him.

If it were me, I wouldn't want to be tip-toed around or treated differently. Act normal, maybe do things with him to take his mind off the break-up.
^This
Best thing you can do is to help him keep his mind off of it for the short-term, in the long-term he will tackle it when he's ready.
Also, talking sense works for some people and for others it does not. He could just need a friend to talk too and open up his pain. Just do your best to act normally, reassure him, and one day he might open up to you!

02-09-2011   #8 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Do what bros (literally for you) do. Chill out. You can't make him forget the pain of being heart broken but you can help ease the pain for him. Get his and your buddies and go somewhere. Hint hint, take him out to strip club.

02-09-2011   #9 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackCatXIII
So my brother recently had a really bad break up, I've been talking some sense into him but I don't think he's in the mind frame of processing any incoming information. I've had one break up before and I recovered really quickly without feeling too depressed @_@ It was nothing like what he's going through at the moment, so I really don't know what I can do for him.
Any suggestions how I might be able to help him? Talking sense into him is totally not working Q_Q"
Why would you talking sense to someone who had recently gone through a break up?

It's natural for people to feel depressed after a bad break up as you said it yourself. So the only you can do is leave him alone and let him deal on his own. It's his break up. Not yours. He's probably still in love with his significant other. You just can't force people to recover quickly after a break-up. ESPECIALLY a bad one.

I know you mean well, I think. But dude.. c'mon. Give him some space.

So in other word, the thing you can do now is leave him the f- alone. You don't want to make things worse. I'm saying this because I've experience this shit myself and it cost me a friend.

He'll get better in time. But don't pretend like nothing happened though.

02-10-2011   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^

^lawlz i wish it was that simple. He's at a state where he wants attention tbh
not giving a shit about it is this easy for me ~~~> | | (try walk over this gap.)

He plans on trying to get back with her next time he sees her in real life. I tried talking sense into him again. Seems he is quite determined so I probably can't and shouldn't stop him. From personal experience there are just certain things in life that you wouldn't be able to learn unless you hit your head against the brick wall hard and know that it actually hurts. I just hope he knows what he's doing and could deal with his emotions wisely.
I've been doing all the things that you guys said, spend some time with him, talk when he's in the mood, generally acting normal etc. He doesn't feel much from it but at least it's not worsening it

Strive to Love

02-12-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

xoxoHugs is on a distinguished road

Just like the others, I agree that u should take his mind of it first do sum thing fun or anything. Avoid the topic and let's just hope he won't take it too hard if the girl won't take him back if ever..

Hugs!