ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community


Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Life & Relationships

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

8.3

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-20-2008   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midwest US
Posts: 94
iTrader: (0)
Gawayno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gawayno Send a message via MSN to Gawayno Send a message via Yahoo to Gawayno
IGN: Gawayno
Class: Knight
Level: 2x
Guild: Synergy
Default Summer is here

I am now on summer vacation, Sophomore year turned out to be the worst year ever, i hate my school now, well these are the facts:

1. I was part of the yearbook team, they didn't accept one of my songs, it wasnt a book, but it was CD.
2. The school are now possibly going to have the bullies from the past, which is the one part that worries me.

Okay now with summer.

I just hope to god that summer will turn out perfect, but I am sooooo busy with alot work to do. I am part of a summer college program for a scholarship, I am going to learn how to use Macromedia Flash (which I heard it is now called Adobe Flash). I now have to read 2 books for the summer, and I have to practice my clarinet.

Now I will try my best to be open to other people's critiques, and don't start an argument about this, well... it is actually me that starts it and the reason why I closed that Ungrateful Girl thread on MT because I try to run away from that argument.

Now please, lets have a nice clean discussion.

Last edited by Gawayno; 06-20-2008 at 03:57 PM.
 
Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-20-2008   #2 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ
JC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 525
iTrader: (0)
JC is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawayno
I am now on summer vacation, Sophomore year turned out to be the worst year ever, i hate my school now, well these are the facts:
.
May I ask, what are the things they don't accept about you?
 
06-20-2008   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midwest US
Posts: 94
iTrader: (0)
Gawayno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gawayno Send a message via MSN to Gawayno Send a message via Yahoo to Gawayno
IGN: Gawayno
Class: Knight
Level: 2x
Guild: Synergy
Default

to JC: its complicated to say, because they just don't feel sorry about my past events and... well actually I am arguing with them, I don't know why, but it is myself that people can't accept me anymore.

EDIT: well, about the yearbook thing, i was not happy when they didn't have any of my music. Maybe because kids these days just want to listen to Hip-Hop, Pop, Latin, and Rap. Rather than peaceful, classical, Jazz, love, and old music like i do.

Last edited by Gawayno; 06-20-2008 at 03:20 PM.
 
06-20-2008   #4 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
kuyaBaka's Avatar
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 3,828
Blog Entries: 167
iTrader: (0)
kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC
Default

Summer is great for problems like this.

It gives you a good long while away from all those problems in school, and you can go out and give yourself a huge makeover -- physically and mentally. You have time to recuperate and make yourself stronger to face them again.
Think of it this way, you get time to grind and level up a bit before you get a second shot at taking down the Spicy Dragon once again.
__________________

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!
 
06-20-2008   #5 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ
JC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 525
iTrader: (0)
JC is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawayno
to JC: its complicated to say, because they just don't feel sorry about my past events and... well actually I am arguing with them, I don't know why, but it is myself that people can't accept me anymore.

EDIT: well, about the yearbook thing, i was not happy when they didn't have any of my music. Maybe because kids these days just want to listen to Hip-Hop, Pop, Latin, and Rap. Rather than peaceful, classical, Jazz, love, and old music like i do.
I think you can try your best to explain. Don't take it the wrong way, but expecting people to feel sorry about past events without it being "obvious" won't really be having people give you sympathy for problems or things. It also gets worse as you get older, as if you're begging people for attention that you may or may not deserve. It almost seems to me from your way of thinking that you feel they should be sympathetic or they don't accept you if they don't.

Sorry if you're not like this, it is just that it seems odd. If the details are too personal for you to divulge to this board, then I guess its possible to let it slide, but it is difficult to prove that they should be sympathetic to your problems when some problems probably aren't as bad as they may be. The fact is, everyone has problems in life, and trying to seek sympathy for your problems in High school can be a bad thing when it isn't a member of the staff for it, as people tend to ridicule what they can to feel better about their own problems.

The music thing is a sad event though, but you can't expect everyone to share tastes in music. Some people just listen to mainstream stuff and that can consist of a very limited selection of music. The fact is though, for things like that, they do favor the popular genres because they want the school to agree with it universally in favor of the most students, not the minority.
 
06-20-2008   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Pwntang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Honoruru
Posts: 237
iTrader: (4)
Pwntang will become famous soon enoughPwntang will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Pwntang
IGN: pumpingheart
Class: guardian
Level: 78
Guild: Fallen
Default

People like inaudible music. That's why people listen to rap and people who can't speak Japanese listen to Japanese music.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethane
I have a raging hard-on for vampires who sparkle in the daylight
 
06-20-2008   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midwest US
Posts: 94
iTrader: (0)
Gawayno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gawayno Send a message via MSN to Gawayno Send a message via Yahoo to Gawayno
IGN: Gawayno
Class: Knight
Level: 2x
Guild: Synergy
Default

actually, I talked to my sister and she said "people do accept you for who you are, they just don't care about your past events" so i just got some issues with the other 2 of schools.
 
06-20-2008   #8 (permalink)
twerk
Special
Tardar's Avatar
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 7,481
Blog Entries: 54
iTrader: (2)
Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Bemo, I think people who don't speak Japanese listen to Japanese music because it sounds good. I personally don't own any, but all of the Japanese songs I've heard (which is a lot) I've liked.
__________________
self potato
 
06-20-2008   #9 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ
JC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 525
iTrader: (0)
JC is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemobaby
People like inaudible music. That's why people listen to rap and people who can't speak Japanese listen to Japanese music.
The problem with this logic, is that classical, techno, trance, and house would be popular.
 
06-21-2008   #10 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Kudaranai's Avatar
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 4,105
Blog Entries: 11
iTrader: (1)
Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemobaby
People like inaudible music. That's why people listen to rap and people who can't speak Japanese listen to Japanese music.

Then how come people who don't speak French listen to French music, or Hindi, or Chinese, or Spanish?
__________________
 
06-21-2008   #11 (permalink)
Time Breaker
Bolter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: District 8 of Lightning City
Posts: 5,556
iTrader: (7)
Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of
Default

Summer brings the Heat Wave.
__________________
 
06-21-2008   #12 (permalink)
Has Trouble Sleeping
Special
CountBlood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Antonio, Texas.
Posts: 1,006
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
CountBlood is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to CountBlood
Guild: Red Eclipse
Default

OH Dude don't worry if they don't pick your music. I listen to metal. =0 well at least some people like it here. Oh and dude just look forward to next school year, and maybe look back at some of the things you did, and how you can improve on yourself.
 
06-21-2008   #13 (permalink)
~Endless Witch~
Beato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The Golden Land
Posts: 852
Blog Entries: 2
iTrader: (0)
Beato will become famous soon enoughBeato will become famous soon enough
IGN: Beato
Class: Witch
Level: 40
Guild: Moogles
Default

Junior year will probably be the most hectic,
I suggest you prepare for worst.

It really matter who you are presenting this music to.
If you wanted to get it included, you would have to mainstream piece that's well-known and either outstanding or silly.

Bullies from the past?
Don't even worry about it and if they manage to come,
ignore them.
 
06-22-2008   #14 (permalink)
aLo
/gg FTW! Moogler
aLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ( 。◕‿◕。) Canada~
Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)
aLo is on a distinguished road
IGN: Sinchi
Default

ahh summer should be stressfree!
:3 yet we got workers like me that work 40 hours a week every week of summer x3.
__________________

Lunia: SyoraChan
Come join AUDACITY today!
Apply here~ /click.

 
06-22-2008   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Pwntang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Honoruru
Posts: 237
iTrader: (4)
Pwntang will become famous soon enoughPwntang will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Pwntang
IGN: pumpingheart
Class: guardian
Level: 78
Guild: Fallen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
The problem with this logic, is that classical, techno, trance, and house would be popular.
Music like that wasn't made to be understandable, so it's sorta different.

@kuda, because it's inaudible.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethane
I have a raging hard-on for vampires who sparkle in the daylight
 
06-22-2008   #16 (permalink)
STEP
WhatThePhuc's Avatar
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 4,237
Blog Entries: 10
iTrader: (0)
WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego
Default

i'm guessing you live in a low-income community
 
06-22-2008   #17 (permalink)
twerk
Special
Tardar's Avatar
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alexandria
Posts: 7,481
Blog Entries: 54
iTrader: (2)
Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Bemo, I think you're contradicting yourself.
First you say we like rap and Japanese Music because it's inaudible.
Then Kuda adds then why don't the non-French listen to French music, and non-Hindi to Hindi, and et cetera.

Let me say it again.
I THINK WE LISTEN TO JAPANESE MUSIC BECAUSE IT SOUNDS GOOD.
__________________
self potato
 
06-22-2008   #18 (permalink)
STEP
WhatThePhuc's Avatar
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 4,237
Blog Entries: 10
iTrader: (0)
WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego
Default

wait, so we don't listen to french music?
;.;
 
06-22-2008   #19 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ
JC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 525
iTrader: (0)
JC is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemobaby
Music like that wasn't made to be understandable, so it's sorta different.

@kuda, because it's inaudible.
This doesn't make sense: inaudible implies not being heard.
Then you're saying "music like that" wasn't make to be understandable, doesn't that mean it isn't meant to be heard as well?

The logic sounds screwy.
 
06-22-2008   #20 (permalink)
aLo
/gg FTW! Moogler
aLo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ( 。◕‿◕。) Canada~
Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)
aLo is on a distinguished road
IGN: Sinchi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePhuc
i'm guessing you live in a low-income community
Phuc... you talking to me? lawl.
__________________

Lunia: SyoraChan
Come join AUDACITY today!
Apply here~ /click.

 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Pockie Ninja
Need a new browser game?

Try 

Pockie Ninja

Rating:  

8.3
Hide this banner by registering for our community.