Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-01-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^
Awards MoM AwardFacebook Fan

TheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to TheBlackCatXIII
IGN: TheBlackCatXIII
Class: Sense to_scientist
Default Another Sleepless Night.

It's been a while since i've had a sleepless night, ironically, both occasions were on the night that i needed sleep the most out of any other days. Nights before exams are always important, without sufficient sleep, i don't think anyone can perform to anywhere near their capacity. Here i am, waking up after trying to fall asleep for 2 hours (usually takes me only minutes).
It's weird, my mind set is good, i'm not in any panic, i feel prepared, but my brain is telling me to stay awake for some reason. i could feel blood gushing up to my head. Although it's not the end of the night yet, but it seems like i'll have to take another exam with no sleep.
Anyways, i've had enough of this, i plan to go negociate with the head teacher / deputy principal for sick leave to go see doctor and take the supplmentary exam later if possible. If not, i'll take the exam anyway and then go doctors staright after. Either way, i'm going to a doctor.
Hopefully he can perscribed me a few doses of sleeping pills just for the nights that i need to sleep, seeing that i have no problem at all falling asleep during normal days.
Nothing i could do, feel helpless everytime this happens...
i'm just praying that if i'm taking the exam my performance wouldn't lower too much.
Anyone ever had this kinda problem?
I'll give an update tomorow afternoon after i see doctor on the rest of the night and the day.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-01-2010   #2 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

I can never sleep when I know I have something to get up for or if something important is happening the next day. You might not feel nervous as such, but it might just be your bodies way of reacting to the situation.
You can try sleeping pills etc but it's not an illness or anything and I don't know whether these would be a good idea the night before an exam unless you're familiar with using them.
Avoid drinks with a lot of caffeine in (don't drink tea or coffee before bed) and eat well; Satisfy your bodies needs. You can try tiring your body through a workout but then if you get no sleep this could make things worse.
Watch a movie whilst in bed- i can never finish a movie in bed because it makes me tired. Warm milk before bed makes a lot of people sleepy too so this could help also.

08-01-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^

TheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of light

i managed to get a few hours sleep last night, wasn't enough since it was about just under 5 hours, but it's still better than none i guess. well, off to exam now, still gona go see doctor after the exam most probably. wasn't easy falling asleep, i got up a few hours doing something else other than studies and went back to bed, and even then, it took a while and the initial minutes of falling asleep i got up briefly a few times. anyway, off to exam now, these nights sucks
and yea, i've actually tried milk / exercise etc coz i knew i'd probably have this kinda problem, but it obviously wasn't all that helpful.
and yea.. it's true that i don't know what might happen if i took sleeping pills the night before @_@. i don't think sleeping pills got any significant side effect for short term uses. but i heard about the long term ones being quite serious =S

08-02-2010   #4 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

How did the exam go? And did the doctor say anything about it? Its interesting to know since I have a similar issue around exams/anything important.

08-02-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^

the exam went alright, i mean, i pretty much finished the whole paper and my answers i think were reasonably good, overall satisfied. haha, and here i am 3am almost, having another bad night.
i went bed @ 11.30, fell asleep shortly after that, the ridiculous sound from the rain and winds raping my window woke me up. it's as tho needles are hitting the windows >___>..
oh well, 2 hours ish sleep already, better than nothing i guess.
doctor didn't say much about it, i told him it's a temporary problem, he just told me to avoid caffine etc which i'm completely aware of. and try relax and calm myself for some time before going to bed.
Perscribed me with sleeping pills which i'm reluctant to take, but at this rate, i don't really have a choice. but apparently it causes confusion / drowsiness / impaired concentration >_>. what's the difference between that and not sleeping....

08-02-2010   #6 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special

Try it on a weekend or on a day when you don't have an exam, as it could jeopardise your exam.
& Yeah, a movie or something to relax before bed/in bed often helps me.

08-02-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^

yea, imma try tomorow night, if it screws with my mind, i really don't know what to do to solve this problem. i'll probably start seeing councilor soon, i still got my major exams coming up in 2 months. those ones are what the entire school like is for, an all or nothing attempt.
Not that the councilor might help me too much, but at least someone to monitor me and notify school / department of education when i'm not well etc. coz really.. my performance will be affected if i can't sleep for whole night which i've tried before. taking a physics exam without sleep is just no easy task, not so much due to tiredness but more because mind feels clogged when no sleep

08-02-2010   #8 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special

Yeah it's all worth a try. Good luck (: