Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-28-2010   #1 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e
Default Getting rid of ants

My house has been crawling with ants for a while. They personally don't bug me too much as long as they don't bite (the ones right now don't bite) but whenever my sister sees them she freaks and goes gets the ant spray insecticide, which barely helps the ant problem and is not good to have wafting around the house.

I'm trying to find ways to either just get rid of as many as possible or at least deter them without poisoning my family and that junk. Fumigation and things along those line are out of the question, my parents keep talking about it but never follow through.

I read about how to kill ants here:How to Get Rid of Ants - wikiHow, but I don't know if any of these work or not.

So can I either get a confirmation on the things in that article, or something that works? Thanks!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-28-2010   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Bloodline ChampionsRumble FighterEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event Winner

silklash has a spectacular aura aboutsilklash has a spectacular aura aboutsilklash has a spectacular aura about
Guild: Fusion

bags of ant poison help..
ants get in my house whether there's food or not, cleaning etc. might help a bit but either way its whether they decide to build a nest against ur house or inside of it
other day some ants just decided to swarm over my clothes for the fun of it which i stepped into when i came out of the shower

easiest way is to just find the nest and pour poison over it
if theres a trail find where they're coming out of and find the antpile from that
if u cant find the antpile, spread a bit of poison where they're coming out of and leave that area for awhile
later seal the hole that they made
i wouldnt try anything unfamiliar... just go to ur local gardening store n get some poison

06-28-2010   #3 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

How to Kill Ants with Cornmeal | eHow.com

I've never tried it, but I read it somewhere (else) so I can only assume it works. Maybe. :/

06-28-2010   #4 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Well my mom uses the cornmeal thing and it seems to work pretty well for her. Give it a try, since it won't damage anything if it fails.

06-29-2010   #5 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

We had an ant invasion in our house yesterday, the floor was literally moving with the amount there were. Our solution: hoover the ones we see, then use an ant killer powder where they entered the house, and on the nest. No fumes, and effective.
Spoiler!

06-29-2010   #6 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute

Ok thanks everyone. I'll give the cornmeal a try and see if I can find that ant powder.

06-30-2010   #7 (permalink)
kag
meow
Games
Asda StoryLunia
Awards MoM Award

kag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond reputekag has a reputation beyond repute
Class: Dacy lu_dacy
Guild: ForielUnion, OurStory

Ant baits/Poison is the best and it works.
It is a permanent solution too.

But you have to know roughly where ants come from and put the baits below that table/desk.
Change it every few days and slightly change the positions too as they will leave scent to tell each other that the food it "bad".
After a week or 2 the ants should be gone.

If you really only want to deter, just use chalk and draw a boundary where you want to prevent ants form entering.

If the ants doesn't take the bait, try another brand.
Different ants like different stuff.

Fanart Anime/Manga Tees at http://www.facebook.com/metronomist

07-04-2010   #8 (permalink)
Time Breaker

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Do keep the areas clean, and not keep any food(especially sweet ones) out in the open once you're done clearing them to prevent anymore ants from coming, as things like food, is usually what attracts them.

07-04-2010   #9 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

Sorry I missed this, but the reason you have ants is because there's something they can reach that they want.

Back when I ran the barracks I had weekly regular inspections to make sure everything was tidy but every once in a while I'd walk around and look through windows (which had to be unshaded) and there were my little friends the ants

if someone was being a slob and left food/pizza boxes out, the ants would make a steady march into the room within hours. No mess, and the ants never ever entered a room.

Anyway, you need to get rid of the source of what's attracting the ants. I'm not calling you a slob or anything (it could be a dead mouse or something in the wall) but if there's no chow there's no ants.

07-04-2010   #10 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games

Yeah actually I found what they were after and it's all cleaned up now. Haven't seen them since.