Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-25-2010   #1 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>
Default welcome to my life

I feel so disturbed with some stuff in my life. One of them is my sister.
First she decides to marry (married 9 January 2010), now they're living here until their apartment is all done. So what's the problem? She is too emotional, everything that happens to her, she takes it double.
Like some weeks ago, she was taking a shower then suddenly started shouting, scared, it was a spider (like 2''~3'' big). Anyone who doesnít know her would think it was a murderer threatening her.
She also takes little stuff like it was a big problem... Last week we were on our way back home and stopped to put some gas on the car, then she remembers that the car needs some water... There goes her husband ask the guys to get some water, and she tells him to put some liquid thing with the water, to help defroster the front glass. Here comes the problem, she told him to put just a bit of it and he did put all the rest because she almost whispered it (he didn't hear it), then she said "NOOOOOOOO! IT WASN'T ALL OF IT, JUST A BIT! I TOLD YOU!Ē Before this incident, when we were getting on the road, he stopped on the car almost on the middle of the runway, and a car passed on the other runway, she did an EPIC GASP when she saw the car coming, no car were coming in our direction on the runway we were in and the other car passed by 3 meters from us, and of course the car we were in wasn't moving.
She also "hunts" problems to annoy others, only because someone told her "not to go sleep while there are still relationship-related problems to solve". We study on the same university, and we come home together by car. Another day, when we arrived, her husband were playing video-game and laughing at his attempts... Another problem, she started to shout around the house "I CAN'T BELIVE IT! YOU DIDN'T COME OUT TO SAY HI TO ME! I HAD A BAD DAY! (most of her days are bad, at least that's what she says, that's nothing new) YOU DIDN'T SAY HI TO ME BECAUSE OF THIS SHIT VIDEO-GAME! AND YOU EVEN LAUGH AT ME! (yea... everything and everyone is against her, in her mind, of course)". Another night they were discussing (loudly, as always) about don't-ask-me-what on their bedroom, it was like 2AM (I guess the neighbors just love when it happens). Every time they have a fight she says she regrets having married him, but 1 they after that, or even less time, they're all cool between themselves, like nothing happened.
Almost every day she complains about something that happened on her work, something that happened on her class, it's always about someone who didn't do something and it'll affect her in some way, or someone gossiping or talking about someone/something (this just annoys her, don't ask me why).
She also pokes people until a problem is solved or when she gets tired of poking (the second is ultra-rare).
These stuffs only annoy me when they're happening, obviously, makes me want to shout "SHUT UP!" and put my feet on her face.

Other thing that bugs me: Grandma. She's always looking for something to do, but only home-related stuff like cleaning, washing clothes, do dishes, cooking... No one tells her to do anything, and if there's exactly nothing to do here she goes to my aunt's house and does the same things there and takes care of my cousins because they're almost always fighting each other and because my aunt is widow (her husband died because his heart was bigger than normal, and he said Jesus would save him and refused to take medication then -R.I.P.- *sad fail*) and works on a hospital's kitchen 3~4 days a week (but she earns almost 2 grand/month, she took this job after her husband's "incident").
In my opinion, cooking is the worse thing she does. SERIOUSLY, she frits meat, instead of putting just a little drop of cooking oil on the frying pan (so the meat won't bind/glue on the pan), she puts a lot of it, almost enough to make some french fries. Sorry, I was wrong, she doesn't frits meat, the TOASTS it... Yea, it drops oil and is hard to cut. She exaggerates on oil in EVERYTHING... Before cooking rice, she spreads oil all over the pot and puts a few tiny little bits of garlic, 1/4 of the mixture is oil.. But wait! It gets better! She also "overcook" the rice, the cooked grains are like 3~4 times the raw grains' size... but I wouldn't complain about the size if, at least, tasted good and didn't shine because of the oil excess.
From a 1~10 hygiene score, I'd give her a 2... 0 being like those fat, dirty, stinky guys who fart a lot, never take a shower and never clean stuff. 2 because she don't wash her hands before preparing the stuff to cook (at least I don't see she doing it), she smokes, she also doesn't take a shower often... So what I see is an old lady (stinky and smelling bad) going straight to the kitchen and getting the stuff and ingredients to prepare lunch, instead of, at least, washing her hands before preparing lunch. Also the food we have for lunch on friday is almost the same that was prepared on monday, specially rice and beans. So I extremely-rarely eat this kind of food, instead, I eat bread, cook some noodles, eat cereal.
I also don't like that she thinks that she knows more about health than health-related professionals (medics, nutritionists, ...) and that if you eat beans you'll be strong (I don't like beans, and I found a good and scientifically-supported excuse for that, thanks to my last year's biology teacher) only because "It has iron!" (I won't write much about it, just that the iron we "use" is "iron 2", found mostly on meat, and the beans' iron is "iron 3").

One more thing! This is the most disturbing...
My dad is almost like Chris' father (from "Everybody Hates Chris"). Last year we went to a computers store, after he bought what he wanted he asked me if I wanted something, I said that I needed a new mother board, a new processor, a new graphics processor, new RAM memory sticks... anyways almost a complete PC, except for HD, DVD drive, and some other stuff I already have and can be used. Then he said "Whoa! Then you need another PC." but he didn't buy anything else there, only his stuff Some days after that we went to a general store and he bought a notebook for my mom, and looked at some PCs, then I thought "YaY I'll get something decent!", but those were too expensive compared to an upgrade's cost on my current PC, not counting that those would be "weak" compared to my PC after the upgrade. He didn't buy anything and said to the seller guy "Then we'll stay with the upgrade.", and I, again, "YaY I'll get something decent!". But it's almost a whole year and he didn't do anything about it Instead of it, he bought a DVD player with TV antenna for the van and a bigger screen so who's on the back seats can watch, too. After that I almost said "Yea! DVD and other ridiculously useless stuff you buy, but stuff to upgrade my PC, that is good, you don't buy." Mom was frustrated with his senseless spends, too, but, unlike me, she wants something to do physical exercises because she thinks she has morbid obesity, even though it's clearly visible that she's far from 1/4 the way to that
A while ago he wanted me to do a course to work with him or any other course and get a job, only because he wasnít pleased with my choice on the university (Psychology) and thought the professionals in the area donít earn much, not as much as he considers the ideal, but after I showed him a law project thatís currently being voted, he changed his mind. In case youíre curious, the project, if approved, will raise the minimum salary of the psychology professionals to R$4650, and professionals with more experience and time spent on the area will earn more, of course, and also specializations will raise the earnings.
Yesterday my mom asked him if she can buy some gymnastics equipment for her exercises, if he let her buy what she wants I'll ask for a drawing tablet, and it'll be better if he buys the tablet I want and not any cheap thing, or else I won't want it

That's all my frustrations, and it's been DAYS since i don't eat something salty. Good that I don't think about these stuff too much, and when I do I don't feel too bad. I'm not emo like cry because of it all, just wanted to post it here, just to see what others say And because I needed to tell someone x.x
There's much more stuff, they're not as frustrating as these, and there's some funny stuff, but it wouldn't be too funny without a video of them.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-30-2010   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLa Tale
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Quebee is just really niceQuebee is just really niceQuebee is just really niceQuebee is just really nice
IGN: Quebee
Class: Soulmaster to_soulmaster
Level: 2xx

/read whole post
@sister: Sounds like she has anger issues. Anyways just put up with it for awhile :]. She'll be gone with her husband after the apartment's done right?

@granny: Can't anyone tell her to bathe or something? And doesn't anyone complain about how unhygienic she is? x_x

@dad: It is 'his' money, he worked for it right? Well, it may be unfair to not buy you want you want after asking, but just put up with it, its not like you have anything to lose. Unless of course it is your money he is spending. ^^;;

05-31-2010   #3 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

Your sister sounds a lot like mine; Overreacts to everything and yells a lot. Its annoying, I can understand this. Just ignore it, getting angry at her wont solve it even though it's hard to ignore.

Your parents should take an active role in supporting your grandmother, especially with hygiene. Talk to them about how you feel.

And as for the PC situation with your dad, get a job and start to pay for some of this yourself. Don't ask for so much because you can't expect him to pay for everything for you. The excessive spending on other things - it seems he's buying stuff that he thinks will benefit others as well [the larger screen for people in the back] this can't be bad right?

06-01-2010   #4 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee
Your sister sounds a lot like mine; Overreacts to everything and yells a lot. Its annoying, I can understand this. Just ignore it, getting angry at her wont solve it even though it's hard to ignore.

Your parents should take an active role in supporting your grandmother, especially with hygiene. Talk to them about how you feel.

And as for the PC situation with your dad, get a job and start to pay for some of this yourself. Don't ask for so much because you can't expect him to pay for everything for you. The excessive spending on other things - it seems he's buying stuff that he thinks will benefit others as well [the larger screen for people in the back] this can't be bad right?
Ignore is what I do~ but very soon sis'll move, the only thing left on the apartment is painting and cleaning... and I'll get a bigger bedroom, too

And I'll get a job after this winter (winter here, summer for people on North~) but I won't earn that much... and it's somewhat unfair that dad doesn't buy the stuff I want, 'cuz I'm getting good scores at college and I never disturb anyone (but he disturbs everyone in the house 'cuz of me... sometimes)... and the last thing he gave me (that I asked for) was my DS... 2 years ago.

Grandma is ignorant, she things she knows everything, and nobody say anything to her (only about her, complaining when she's not around ). I just won't care much 'cuz I'm never near her (her bedroom is in another building, same lot) and when she's around I always stay away (I spend most part of the day at my bedroom)... and I only eat "real food" (as my parents say) when it's mom who cooked it. When it's grandma's food, I wait untill she leaves and make some noodles and sometimes something else to eat with noodles~
The good news are that I have good excuses to ask for better stuff for my PC, one of them is a site with some cheap hardware stuff, the other is mom's new gymnast thing~

Oh and the bigger screen is bad, 'cuz we NEVER use the van that much to make use of it, the only long travel they did with the van (I didn't go with them) was to Rio de Janeiro, but it was before he bought the new dvd player+screen, and we use the van as a normal car, very few times it was used for long travels. Me and my mom think it's completely useless.

Last edited by NiBo; 06-01-2010 at 09:18 PM.

06-02-2010   #5 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiBo

And I'll get a job after this winter (winter here, summer for people on North~) but I won't earn that much... and it's somewhat unfair that dad doesn't buy the stuff I want, 'cuz I'm getting good scores at college and I never disturb anyone (but he disturbs everyone in the house 'cuz of me... sometimes)... and the last thing he gave me (that I asked for) was my DS... 2 years ago.

Grandma is ignorant, she things she knows everything, and nobody say anything to her (only about her, complaining when she's not around ). I just won't care much 'cuz I'm never near her (her bedroom is in another building, same lot) and when she's around I always stay away (I spend most part of the day at my bedroom)... and I only eat "real food" (as my parents say) when it's mom who cooked it. When it's grandma's food, I wait untill she leaves and make some noodles and sometimes something else to eat with noodles~
The good news are that I have good excuses to ask for better stuff for my PC, one of them is a site with some cheap hardware stuff, the other is mom's new gymnast thing~
This just sounds like you expect too much. Of course it's nice when things are bought for you, or when your parents give you gifts, but it's not a rule that these things need to be done for you. Your parents still give you a home, and I'd expect that you have other things [PC, TV] etc in your house which you should just be grateful that you have.

Even if you're not actually involved with your gran that often, you shouldn't have to tiptoe around the things she does [when she cooks meals etc] It's bothering you, so you should talk to your parents about it.

06-02-2010   #6 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee
This just sounds like you expect too much. Of course it's nice when things are bought for you, or when your parents give you gifts, but it's not a rule that these things need to be done for you. Your parents still give you a home, and I'd expect that you have other things [PC, TV] etc in your house which you should just be grateful that you have.

Even if you're not actually involved with your gran that often, you shouldn't have to tiptoe around the things she does [when she cooks meals etc] It's bothering you, so you should talk to your parents about it.
I'm not even a bit satisfacted with any PCs here, even netbooks are better, the PCs here are really old, one of them doesn't even turn on and this one I'm using is a
there's 3 notebooks here, all crappy, too... and not mine.
There's a big TV on the living room (dunno if it's LCD or something else), but it isn't being "well used"... uh... HDMI support but no HD/HDMI DVD/Video-games/Blu-Ray/Cable TV/whatever stuff here, not even a HDMI cable. Not counting that all my gaming consoles are old (N64 and SNES), except my DSL... and last generation consoles are 2~4 times their "original" price here (government tributes+resellers earnings). I'd persuate dad to buy me another PC, talking about HD stuff and putting it at the living room to use as data center or whatever, with a HDMI cable connected to the TV.
And I say it's unfair 'cuz I didn't get anything, really nothing, for Xmas, neither birthday (other than the neccessary to live). And after he bought me the DSL, he said it was "the year's gift" >_<

And about my grandma, you wouldn't say I should talk to my parents about her if you knew me (*shy*), and they'd just keep it going as it is now.

All I want to do is finish college ASAP and run to freedom~

Last edited by NiBo; 06-02-2010 at 10:51 PM.