League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-29-2010   #1 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of
Default How to befriend someone online?

Ok well, theres this guy in facebook that I want to befriend, but he will only accept friend requests from people he knows, however I can still send him private messages.

Um, so what sort of things should I say if I want to befriend someone online without having to meet him/her for real.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-29-2010   #2 (permalink)
Red
Manual Breathing
Games
Battlefield HeroesCombat ArmsConquer OnlineCross Fire
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Red has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond reputeRed has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sircuit
Class: WH
Level: 117
Guild: ggFTW

Honestly I always find it creepy when people try to befriend me online. Especially through Facebook. Besides, knowing that he only accepts 'friends' kinda hints at this.

Hmmm do you know him in real? If so, I suggest talking in person.

03-29-2010   #3 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Honestly I always find it creepy when people try to befriend me online. Especially through Facebook. Besides, knowing that he only accepts 'friends' kinda hints at this.

Hmmm do you know him in real? If so, I suggest talking in person.
Unfortunately not really that was why he wouldn't just accept me like that, and so I asked for some advice as to what to say. One of my friends once told me that facebook is all about making new friends and thats why theres always random people trying to add each other and stuff.

03-29-2010   #4 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

lol social networking sites, are you one of those "i'd have many online friends that i'll just add randomly so my friend counts increases" type of person or just "add via-same interests".

for me, i'd just..lol, never accept any strangers as my fb just -strictly- for family and friends v:

Anyway, some people are like that, you can't really simply add anyone and hoping he/she willing to accept you without knowing you at all.

It's all depends with the person anyway.

03-29-2010   #5 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Yeah he doesn't know me but I know him cos he was on the newspaper, as hes famous for owning a western eatery outlet.

03-29-2010   #6 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

ah.... "popular/celebrity alike"

you should know you're not the only one will add him as friend anyway. either he did check his fb, or just ignoring most of the requests anyway.

maybe you should start by adding your rl friends into your friend list first?

03-29-2010   #7 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki
ah.... "popular/celebrity alike"

you should know you're not the only one will add him as friend anyway. either he did check his fb, or just ignoring most of the requests anyway.

maybe you should start by adding your rl friends into your friend list first?
I already had my rl friends and my online gaming friends added and no, hes not as famous as you think he is, he is just pretty known thats all.

03-29-2010   #8 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Do you have mutual friends? Use them to bridge that awkward gap by having mini-conversations on their walls or something. I do that on accident, and now I'm sitting here with a bigger pool of friends in school and on facebook.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

03-29-2010   #9 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
Do you have mutual friends? Use them to bridge that awkward gap by having mini-conversations on their walls or something. I do that on accident, and now I'm sitting here with a bigger pool of friends in school and on facebook.
Hmm.. I could try, while I'm also trying to figure something out. I sent a message to him saying I would visit his eatery whenever I can though.

03-29-2010   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Pico is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Pico
IGN: Mewwz

This guy must be a pretty cool guy.

03-30-2010   #11 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico
This guy must be a pretty cool guy.
Maybe

Anyway, how about talking to him about things around the world or even TV shows and stuff? does that sound ok?

03-30-2010   #12 (permalink)
Pandas!
Special
Games
AuditionPangyaTibiaTrickster Online
Awards Retired Division HeadAdmin AwardEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Shiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond reputeShiki has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Symphony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltstar
Anyway, how about talking to him about things around the world or even TV shows and stuff? does that sound ok?
sounds creepy.that message about visiting his eatery seems okay enough, if he doesn't want to accept even after you identified yourself as a fan of his eatery,then pretty much forget about it.

03-30-2010   #13 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikisaurus
sounds creepy.that message about visiting his eatery seems okay enough, if he doesn't want to accept even after you identified yourself as a fan of his eatery,then pretty much forget about it.
well looks like I have to see him for real then

04-01-2010   #14 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Actually that seems to be the most un-awkward approach. Head down to the place, order some food, say you'd like to meet the owner, compliment him on the good food...and well you could pick up from there.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

04-01-2010   #15 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Well, I successfully got him in my FB friends list miraculously without having to meet him.

04-05-2010   #16 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

lmao now you should go to his eatery and see if his food is all it's hyped up to be

04-05-2010   #17 (permalink)
Breaker of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroRomero
lmao now you should go to his eatery and see if his food is all it's hyped up to be
I've already heard news of his eatery, rather popular, so ya I'll go there when I have the chance.

06-07-2011   #18 (permalink)
~Forever & Always~
Games
Trickster Online

Samaniego is just really niceSamaniego is just really niceSamaniego is just really niceSamaniego is just really niceSamaniego is just really nice
IGN: Samaniego
Class: Thief Master
Level: 333
Guild: Reign

Knowning them doesnt always mean u get to be on friends list xD.... i tryed add one of the captains of my wrestling team No-respawn... :X Pretty sure he pressed Ignore/No lol. And he isnt on much but i see him adding other ppls -sighs- Life Lmao

Forever & Always