02-22-2010   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Feco is on a distinguished road
IGN: Feco/Schrot
Class: moo to_mercenary
Level: 2xx
Guild: Red Dragon
Default What's next?

I'm screwed...I seriously don't know what I should do with my worthless life....

Ok...So here's my situation

I'm in the 12th grade right now.Here in germany you have to go to school for at least 10 years.
Afterthe 10th year you can decide for 3 more years of school to earn a diploma from German secondary school qualifying for university admission or matriculation OR
get a job.
After my 10th year I really had no clue which job I would want...
So I applied at a very crappy school in the very last minute because I was kinda despaired.

But now I only got 1 and a half year left to decide for a career.

So me and my friend had a interesting discussion yesterday.

She:"Do you know what you want to do in future yet?"
Me:"....no not really.."
She:"Well you should make a decision you got only 2 years left"
Me:"Ya I know...But I really have no idea.I'm not good at anything"
She:"well maybe you could become one of those psy people...hmmm how are they called again"
Me:"Oh you mean those people who help people with their mental problems and such stuff?"
She:"Ya right!"
<switches to windows to ask a friend in xfire how those people are called>
Me:"Ah you mean a Psychiatrist!Well...I think I'm too emotional for that job..I'm the one who should seek a psychiatrist actually."

But I kept thinking about that possibility...Psychiatrist..Listening to the problems of other people...Analyse them..and in the end help them.
Sounds pretty nice...This really might be a job that I could like...Maybe my dreamjob!!!Oh god I've been looking for a dreamjob for so long!

So if I would try to become a Psychiatrist I'd have to study something..I think that should be no problem...I've always wanted to study something!

Ok...So I told my dad today about my "dreamjob".
He said that I'll maybe have to move to a other city to go to a university and that he won't be able to help me moneywise
Ok...No problem I guess....I could try to get a small job...I never needed much money anyways.

My dad told me today to get informations about that job.What I need to study...for how long...and so on
I've looked it up on wikipedia and.....I need a medical degree.

Well....that would be no problem too...But my biology mark is kinda....crappy ><
And for a medical degree I would need a good biology mark I guess.
I still have 1 and a half year to improve my mark but I would pretty much have to learn the basics of genetic.
AAAAAAAAAAAW what a pain ~.~

Byebye dreamjob.... T_T

Last edited by Feco; 04-05-2010 at 09:46 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-22-2010   #2 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

Nononono, you're thinking of PSYCHOLOGIST, NOT psychiatrist! Psychiatry is all about medicine and biological factors; the majority of psychology is based on therapy and counseling. BIIIIIG difference, BIIIIIG difference in schooling, and BIIIIG difference in money! XD

So, consider Psychology and Sociology. I'm currently majoring in Sociology and minoring in Psychology. I love 'em both! You may also be interested in Anthropology.

02-22-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC

So, consider Psychology and Sociology. I'm currently majoring in Sociology and minoring in Psychology. I love 'em both! You may also be interested in Anthropology.
We currently have Anthropology at philosophy class....Kinda annoying but also kinda interesting.

I've been thinking about studying philosophy....But what job could I get with this?
Philosophy teacher? >.<

02-22-2010   #4 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of

Yeah, there's not much you can do with Philosophy.. I'd love to major in it, and I may still someday, but it's hard to make money with.

Jobs in Philosophy |

02-22-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Do I need a medical degree as a Psychologist?

02-22-2010   #6 (permalink)
私は君のためなら何でもする, my Love
Special

FlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud ofFlamesBlader has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to FlamesBlader Send a message via MSN to FlamesBlader
IGN: iFlames
Class: Any
Level: 30
Guild: Expired

A psychologist is a non-medical guy o.O...
The Psychiatrist is the medical guy.
Become a Psychologist | Learn About Psychology Careers and Degrees, From All Psychology Schools

02-22-2010   #7 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games

You won't have to have a medical degree in Psychology, nope. Psychologists are like counselors, therapists... Psychiatrists are like doctors who issue medicine.