League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-09-2010   #1 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about
Default Hospital Experience

So... as soon as second semester started, I had to be admitted into the hospital due to spontaneous pneumothorax. 70% of my lungs collapsed, and so I was taken to the ER, where I stayed there for an entire week.

Anyways, I'm writing this to discuss about hospital experiences...

Most people say you have the most rest and relaxation in the hospital, but my experience was quite the contrary...
Some issues were...
1) The bed. It was like a SUPER insulator of heat, and lying down on it for 20 minutes would burn my back to the point where I thought I had third degree burns. THat burning feeling would last on my back for the next 10 minutes even after going out of bed. ALso, because it was so hot, I would sweat to the point where my entire bed sheet was moist ><;;
2) The dress I was wearing was super duper uncomfy :/
I normally sleep with pajamas, and sleeping without them was just... horrible T.T !!! I cannot bear just sleeping with undergarments alone... PJs yaaaay!!!
3) Food. Hosipital food is ... unique. It's so beyond simple that... I don't know. Just undescribable.
4) Activites. I just sat around all day inside. A lot of people said I became really pale after being discharged cause I just stayed inside watching Tv.
5)TV. The hospital I stayed at had around 15 channels, 2 of them being hispanic, 2 of them being advertisements 24/7, and one of them being this... prayer thing that played 24/7 also...
6) Lack of sleep. I had to have my vitals taken every 4~ hours, meaning they would wake me up at 4 a.m to take my blood pressure, temperature, etc.... I had nose bleeds every morning cause of lack of sleep, and I still have nose bleeds each morning >.>;;

Anyways, share your hospital experiences here (though I hope none of you have been hospitalized that long... it's torture D

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-09-2010   #2 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

I had apendicitis (sp) . People in my class were freaking out because I fainted on the floor.

I awoke to a hospital bed with somewhere around my pelvic area hurting really badly. I thought it was comfortable. I actually liked they're food and my mom brought me my DS Lite (Have a DSi now). So yeah it's all good. (This happened about 2 years ago.)

02-09-2010   #3 (permalink)
Anywhere But Up
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineRagnarok OnlineAion
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffEvent WinnerEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Yuki has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yuki Send a message via AIM to Yuki Send a message via MSN to Yuki
IGN: Elysium
Class: Godmode
Level: ∞
Guild: Symphony

=_= I've spend too much time in the hospital. But yeah.. I have the same problem. I'm short , but they won't give me the kids size gown, for some odd reason, so they're always dragging like a wedding dress on me. I hate the food. Most of the time it's just pure liquid, so I never got to eat anything solid, except for Jello, which is probably why I've started hating Jello. I remember the first couple of times staying in the hospital, they always put me in these crappy ones where I only have like 5 working channels on the TV.

I've always hated the bed, they were too hard, and I'm a roller, and because of all the wires and HV's they were having in me, I wasn't able to roll around in the bed ;o;

But, as time went by, the people at the hospital actually put me in a nicer room, mainly because they need to keep an eye on me 24/7. Lold, better TV channels. Wew! But, I'd rather rest at home more than anything. D;

[ ggFTW HR Operations. Yuki Designs. Rep Guide. Join Symphony. Forum Rules. ]

02-09-2010   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

I'm happy to say I don't have much hospital experience. I've only been to a hospital I believe 4 times and I don't remember ever staying the night and if I did, I was probably out cold. Twice was for stitches in my head, one being my brother's fault, the other I don't remember. (Whether that is related to the stitches at all is beyond me but I do know I have had 2)

Another and this is the best one is that I got taken to the hospital in my first and only ambulance because I had a tennis racket...

I'll let that seep in for a second...

through my hand. I don't remember too much about it but apparently (and I never knew it could come to this until my brothers told me recently) I could have lost all the nerves in my thumb and index finger. I'm not sure if that means the inability to use them or not but it sure would have sucked. Especially for me as a I am a gamer and my hands are a necessity.

The last time was for a circumcision which I got at 14 right before the start of my first year of high school. There is nothing quite like walking through the halls of a new school as a freshman... like a penguin. Overly sensitive is only a mild way of describing the two months it took before I could walk without hands in my pockets.

Far as hospitals themselves, I've always found them a bit intimidating but I can't say I have ever had a bad experience in one. Being in one for a week must suck though.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

02-15-2010   #5 (permalink)
Mai
ggFTW Stalker

Mai will become famous soon enoughMai will become famous soon enough
IGN: Galaxies/Meditation

my hospital experiences? the beds ALWAYS suck, so i know how you feel. regardless i always asked for a crate.. those spongy thingies xD my hospital stays were long as hell. a lot of the experiences sucked, a lot of them were good since the nurses and i were close.

the food. ... i get so tired of it lol

oh and not to mention the goddamned IVs, they never last longer than 24 hours for me so it was a living hell, and some of the nurses and lab people don't even know how to get a gd vein to save their lives, only some know cause my veins are difficult to catch....
i also missed home a lot.

in my hospital.. i was able to sleep with pjs and do whatever i want <_<
but it's because i was a frequent one lol

02-15-2010   #6 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

2 experiences, 1 was just a short day surgery, the other was like 3-4 days long.

The 3-4 days stay was a torture. I can't really move about, so I basically just laid in bed, and was bored to death. Since I am not rich, I stayed in a general ward, and thus was in a main room with several other patients. There's this crazy old man who kept whining and asking for the nurse at night. Can't frigging sleep. = =

02-16-2010   #7 (permalink)
i's cool guy
Special
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAllodsCombat Arms

flaris has a spectacular aura aboutflaris has a spectacular aura aboutflaris has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to flaris
Xfire: flariss

was in the hospital as a kid to get my tonsils out. wasn't really bad, vaguely remember refusing to give my temperature for no reason (was about 4).

02-16-2010   #8 (permalink)
Let's Pie Creation!
Games
MapleStoryS4 LeagueEden Eternal

Yukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to beholdYukipyon is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Aokawa

When I was in 2nd grade, I was bit by a mosquito and got sick. Turns out that I got the Dengue. I was then hospitalized for weeks, and I must say that it wasn't a very great experience. I suffered from high fevers, got rashes all over my body, had body pains, etc. Thank goodness I was able to recover.

That's the only time I ever got hospitalized.

02-16-2010   #9 (permalink)
and more came out
Games
AuditionFlyFFGunboundLa Tale

iFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud ofiFarted has much to be proud of
IGN: BANNED!

I never was hospitalized. Instead, I volunteered at a hospital for 2 to 3 years. I would mostly deliver papers/specimens around the hospital and mess around with other volunteers when we had nothing to do. The only time I had interactions with patients is when I had to discharge them. Half of the patients that I discharged were very grumpy. Maybe it's cuz they had a bad hospital experience or they're really old or something...

02-16-2010   #10 (permalink)
snake enthusiast
Special
Games
DC Universe OnlineWorld of WarcraftVindictusElsword
Awards Pervert Award

Kongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant futureKongro has a brilliant future
Guild: Nuclear Family

I recently spent two weeks in hospital due to myelogenous leukemia.
It was not that bad I'd say, lots of books to read, a TV and a laptop. (Internet too)

Also had plenty of visitors nearly every day. :|