Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-05-2010   #61 (permalink)
Derpin' Herpin'
Games
LuniaSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRusty HeartsAika Online
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Metty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant futureMetty has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to Metty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightMemento
If they didn't know they were related it's not necessarily incest.
Quote:
in⋅cest
  /ˈɪnsɛst/
–noun
1. sexual intercourse between closely related persons.
It is amazing how dense you are after looking over this thread.

Last edited by Metty; 02-05-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-05-2010   #62 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiegh
Skimming through this thread the only thing I wanted to reply to was this. It's my opinion but I feel that if you're too ashamed or shy to announce your love to someone no matter the cost of doing so, you're not--in love--enough.

Unless you're talking about doing like a one night stand with your relative. That's kind of... well that's even worse than being in love with your relative. Love can at least cause confusion and make you desire something but a one night stand kind of thing is just... pure desire for a thrill. In other words, someone who really needs to learn to control their sexual desires. (Seriously)
thanks for illustrating my point
if people know about it, they may treat it as taboo, as you do
sex without commitment is another example of something treated as taboo in some cultures, but socially accepted or even supported in other cultures
you need to take a step back and analyze the factors that go into making something "good" or "bad"
for example, you say that lust is worse than love, that it's a problem that needs to be controlled
some factors that may go into that may be your religion; while it's not acceptable in say...Catholicism, sexual pleasure is ok in say....Hinduism
etc. etc.

SOC's post was basically bringing up a factor that went into incest being "bad"
if that factor is gotten rid of, then what other factors are there to look at?
another factor that everyone brought up are the biological problems through childbirth
if THAT factor is gotten rid of, what other factors can we look at?
and on and on and on....

02-05-2010   #63 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Gatts has a little shameless behaviour in the past
IGN: OptimusGatts
Class: Sieg - The Knight lt_knight
Level: 5X

it's wrong. period.

don't believe me?

look at your mom and then think about having sex with her. i dare you.

02-05-2010   #64 (permalink)
STEP

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatts
it's wrong. period.

don't believe me?

look at your mom and then think about having sex with her. i dare you.
what about 2nd cousins?

02-05-2010   #65 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePhuc
thanks for illustrating my point
if people know about it, they may treat it as taboo, as you do
sex without commitment is another example of something treated as taboo in some cultures, but socially accepted or even supported in other cultures
you need to take a step back and analyze the factors that go into making something "good" or "bad"
for example, you say that lust is worse than love, that it's a problem that needs to be controlled
some factors that may go into that may be your religion; while it's not acceptable in say...Catholicism, sexual pleasure is ok in say....Hinduism
etc. etc.

SOC's post was basically bringing up a factor that went into incest being "bad"
if that factor is gotten rid of, then what other factors are there to look at?
another factor that everyone brought up are the biological problems through childbirth
if THAT factor is gotten rid of, what other factors can we look at?
and on and on and on....
Do you really have to make multiple posts to point out that this is an opinion based subject? A lot of us are all aware there is no correct answer to this question, just like 99% of all things in life.

Please post something that has some depth and not just the basic method for arguing. (Of course, I only skimmed this thread so I could be wrong about your posts but I am too lazy to check as I have little interest in this topic.)

If you are a person who believes in definite answers than I have a hard time relating to you at all. I am a person of open-mind and while I have opinions on things, I can understand those with different views.

Why do I think "early" incest (Look at my first post) is wrong? My main reason, beyond other things is that it shelters your horizons more often than not. I mean I guess if you're fine being with the first person you see when you're born for the rest of your life that's fine but I think exploring more is best.

Sorry but it's hard to argue with me as I really have no definite answer to anything. Think of my opinions as sliders on a scale which will tip and turn to my experiences. Example would be that while I have never once picked up a bible, I believe in god because I think it's more fun that way. So my scale which normally lies inbetween both yes or no, I lean toward yes just slightly. (And it could, very likely, tip to the other side someday.)

I feel I would drive off-topic even more if this post continued so I'll stop it here. There's some things I'd like to say but they would make no sense without paragraphs of off-topic explanation.

I will say one last thing though and that is if you're going to label things in factors and debate why society deems something as wrong or right. You need to pick a society. You're giving multiple examples of different societies to contradict the statement itself. You're essentially saying that it is an opinion and like different people, different cultures have different opinions. As I said before, you need to allow more depth if you plan to actually debate this. (However pointless it may be.)
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

02-05-2010   #66 (permalink)
STEP

if you actually read my posts, you'd realize that i'm not arguing whether incest is right or wrong
i'm responding to the people who think it's right or wrong "just because"

02-05-2010   #67 (permalink)
Banned

MoonlightMemento will become famous soon enough
IGN: DevilSpree
Class: Buffalo to_mercenary
Level: 17x
Guild: ~CRiSiS^

I've already given up on the debate considering both sides have an equally correct point.
Who on earth is abusing the rep system? It's supposed to reflect on if someone is a nice person or a jerk.

Not to try to instigation/etc (which IS what's trying to be caused with the comments with the de-reps).

02-05-2010   #68 (permalink)
is cute + gore

Point has a spectacular aura aboutPoint has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightMemento
The definition of normal does indeed change. By your logic, slavery was always a good thing because at one point, it was normal.

Perhaps I should say it's standard thought to think incest is wrong? Chances are not 100% that an inbred child will have issues. Wanna try it and gamble? They might have a perfectly healthy child, or it could need to live in the hospital/be mentally ill/etc.

It's morally wrong (this is something most people -will- agree with) to like a family member that way.
If, by your logic, incest is morally wrong because most people will agree, then, again by your logic, you must be the one in the wrong for this discussion, not others, since there are many de-reppers who agree.

02-05-2010   #69 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

I'm going to remind you all to please stay on topic and take any personal issues you might have with someone to PM. There is no point having a flamewar in this thread. Thanks.

Kitty Empire Forever

02-05-2010   #70 (permalink)
Scythe <3
Games
ElswordGrand Chase

Shoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to allShoo is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Shoo Send a message via MSN to Shoo
IGN: Shoo
Class: Everyone :O
Level: Aiming for 60+ ea
Guild: ggFTW

haha, i love how my relative post/attempt at stopping the "debate" on the topic was completely ignored to ensue such a petty argument. this forum really hasn't changed much in my absence.

02-05-2010   #71 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoria
I don't think you marry someone from your own royal family >> you marry into another royal family...
... Getting on topic.
About that. In the past since they ran by this system and royalty few in number. . . Incest was common among royals.

/ / / Playing:Tree of Savior