Banned

MoonlightMemento will become famous soon enough
IGN: DevilSpree
Class: Buffalo to_mercenary
Level: 17x
Guild: ~CRiSiS^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltstar
You know, when you mate with someone of the same family tree as you, the child that comes out will be deformed.
It has a very high chance of deformity, but there's some instances where they end up normal.

And royalty inbreeding is a contradiction (because royalty always wants to last forever) because it's going to die out early due to all the inbreeding.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-01-2010   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

I don't think you marry someone from your own royal family >> you marry into another royal family...

At any rate, as people have said there are certainly logical science reasons to not have sex w/ someone closely related to you. But those aside there is also a social stigma against doing so - maybe partially due to the fact that you are doing something that is distructive to the gene pool (a mistake which others will pay for either further down the genetic line or at least through their tax dollars)- but it also comes from it is awkward for you to have a sibling relationship that then becomes a sexual relationship and in many cases in history these relationships - marrying cousins and such were done with a much older man and a much younger woman - so it's seen as almost an abuse of their position of power within the family.
It's also just plain uncommon for people to fall in love with close family members so like most uncommon things it is awkward when it actually happens because it is so rare...

Kitty Empire Forever

02-01-2010   #23 (permalink)
Custom User Title
Games
Puzzle PiratesAtlantica OnlineGrand ChaseRunescape
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Noctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really niceNoctis is just really nice

I think the social stigma against siblings breeding probably began when two siblings had a child and it came out all deformed. Probably more than one sibling-sibling couple. But the deformed children would have been deemed as like... God's will giving you a demon-child for going against God.

02-01-2010   #24 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games
La TaleFinal Fantasy XIRagnarok OnlineMapleStory
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to SOC
IGN: Fortuleo
Class: Duelist/Judgement lt_gunslinger
Level: 142/152
Guild: GoldenDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctis
God's will giving you a demon-child for going against God.
He had pretty good reasons for making us the way He did, eh? :P

02-02-2010   #25 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

A friend i know, his parents are 2nd gen cousins to each other. Their kids came out fine and his brother is nice looking i might add *cough*.. I think if you're gonna fall for somebody in your tree let it be 3rd generation and farther. Anything closer and thats just wrong .. i've come to accept up to 2nd gen. because it happens *shrugs* actually they didn't know they were cousins till later on. so what can ya do lol;;

02-02-2010   #26 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

that kinda happened in my family. uhm... back home my mom's cousin son is very nice and all of my cousins really liked him. I suppose that makes him 2nd cousin? I'm not sure how that all works. of course we were all young when that happened.

02-02-2010   #27 (permalink)
Banned

It still shouldn't happen. Deformities aren't guaranteed in inbred children, but they're pretty high odds.

02-02-2010   #28 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

We aren't really talking about literal deformities here. Most of the time it's usually genetic diseases. An uncle of mine married his cousin, their child had chronic leukemia which was eventually fatal..

Aside from the fact that you can't really have viable offspring and the so called social 'stigma' towards incest, I can't really think of anything extremely horrific about consensual inbreeding. Love is blind, after all, as cliche as that sounds.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

02-02-2010   #29 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Sofira will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Sofira Send a message via MSN to Sofira Send a message via Skype™ to Sofira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameh
telling your kids that their mommy and daddy had the same great-grandparents... It's like.. /mindf**ked. lol
Would be a funny situation O.O

Soul-Arena.com - Your #1 Online Multiplayer Bleach Game !

02-02-2010   #30 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Belphybear
IGN: Will Smith
Class: Will Smith
Guild: Will Smith

Charles II of Spain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

02-03-2010   #31 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

lol hilarious...
all this talk about having children when sex doesn't necessarily lead to childbirth

02-03-2010   #32 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
La TaleMapleStoryMabinogiLunia

Strawberry has a spectacular aura aboutStrawberry has a spectacular aura about
Class: Bard

My friends parents are second cousins. Apparently, a lot of people do still marry their cousins? -Still thinks its weird-

02-03-2010   #33 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games

SOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud ofSOC has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePhuc
lol hilarious...
all this talk about having children when sex doesn't necessarily lead to childbirth
Inbred sex also leads to many problems between the two "victims."

02-03-2010   #34 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
Problems? Victims?

what

It's the nature of my circuitry.

02-03-2010   #35 (permalink)
Banned

The desire to incest is a mental problem. If people can be victims of Down syndrome (one of the leading diseases in inbred children), why can't you be a victim of a equally-real mental issue as incestuous thoughts?

02-03-2010   #36 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightMemento
The desire to incest is a mental problem. If people can be victims of Down syndrome (one of the leading diseases in inbred children), why can't you be a victim of a equally-real mental issue as incestuous thoughts?
Eh? That's like saying attraction and lust are mental issues. You might as well categorize love as a whole under that. The only thing that makes incest any different is that the other person is part of your family. If you make them ignorant to that fact, that wouldn't change the fact that they feel attracted to each other. Most if not all incest is probably not due to the fact that the other person involved is family so much as the other person is just someone that they're attracted to.

Not to mention, using your thought process, dozens of other things can be labeled as mental issues.

Evidence first, accusations later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
That goes for you, too.

02-04-2010   #37 (permalink)
SOC
"God is my Judge."
Special
Games

^

Think about sociological factors.

02-04-2010   #38 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
^

and what if it's done in private or without interaction from anyone outside of the participants?

02-04-2010   #39 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOC
^

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePhuc
and what if it's done in private or without interaction from anyone outside of the participants?
^that. How many people do you know go around broadcasting they've had incest? Hm? None? Well there goes your evidence.

02-04-2010   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

YukitchiSan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiyu
I always hear people saying it's really bad to date / marry somebody of your own family tree.
....its not going to be BAD IF EVERYONE OUT OF THE MAJORITY of the population is doing it... one thing just became bad when only a few does it... this world revolves around the rule of the MAJORITY in a definite society(Utilitarianism)..if the majority demands that it is RIGHT, then the perception of the society towards that practice is right....

its like saying, having a couple of wives is bad in america especially if you are still married to another....but in Muslim society, having numerous wives is NOT BAD because they do believe its right...

so i guess it only boils down to one point on what will the society demands O_O;;.... one thing which is right to another nation or ethnicity may not be right to the other one....

and that is the main difficulty in this world, REALIZING WHAT REALLY IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO....

.,...and again WHO IS THE ONE SAYING ITS THE RIGHT OR WRONG THING TO DO....

and again its just my opinion x-x;;...dont sue me Dx

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"
www.youtube.com/yukeeesan