Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-14-2010   #1 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore
Default Male Teachers & Librarians

Hello. I guess this must be kind of strange but I was wondering what you guys think about male teachers.

When you walk into a class the first day of school and you see the teacher is male do you get disappointed? I have to admit I usually do. Also something about women allows me to open to them easier. like if i have a problem or staying after school or asking for help. Throughout high school I think I did that more with female teachers rather than male teachers. That might be because there are a lack of male teachers too though.

When I think of all of my fav teachers they have been woman. In my university I have had male teachers that i have really liked. Still, when it came to person communication women are just more approachable whereas men teachers I keep it curt and to the point.

so which do you like better?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-14-2010   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

Opposite for me. I have only had a few good female teachers, where as all my male ones were more or less awesome. A few even inspiring me to give a shit what they were trying to teach me which was hard to do to me at the time.

To be more precise, all but like 4 of the female teachers I have had in my life have been spawned from Satan. Especially my Spanish 2 teacher who failed nearly everyone in the class and was the first and only teacher to make me say "I give up." and just stop coming to class altogether or at the very least sleep during it. (The room was nice and warm during the winter.)
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

01-14-2010   #3 (permalink)
Puhi Puhi <3~

Maiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura aboutMaiyu has a spectacular aura about

I probably prefer male teachers, just because of my experience with most female teachers have been... not-so-favorable.

Most female teacher's I've had were ... slightly insane, selfish, and paid little attention to students.

Thanks to CherryPanda for an AWESOME sig!

01-14-2010   #4 (permalink)
is cute + gore

Point has a spectacular aura aboutPoint has a spectacular aura about

I don't think it matters. Unless it's a really significant gender personality difference in your area, both male and female teachers can both nice and horrible. My three most favourite teachers consist of two females and one male. But then our school has more female teachers than male teachers, so it is quite balanced.

01-14-2010   #5 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

well i tend to get along very very well with English teachers and nearly every english teacher I have had has been female. When I got to college though I met a lot of male professors and it's not so bad so I suppose the subject has something to do with it as well.

01-14-2010   #6 (permalink)
The Ordinary Witch uguuuu
Games
Cosmic BreakSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterMapleStoryMegaman Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Marisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to beholdMarisa is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Marisa
IGN: bippusuta
Class: Homing Spammer

I have a male librarian o-o

I like him! A lot. (Not like that.) He's nice actually.

01-14-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Lushcious is on a distinguished road
IGN: Lushcious
Level: 1337

I don't really have a opinion. I get along with male and female teacher's equally.

01-14-2010   #8 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushcious
I don't really have a opinion. I get along with male and female teacher's equally.
This.
I've never noticed a difference between male and female teachers.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

01-14-2010   #9 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

I had mostly female teachers compared to male teachers.

Most of my teachers are understanding whether they be a male or a female so it doesn't really matter to me. There were some instances where I hated two or three of my male teachers since they did a crappy job of teaching the material.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

01-14-2010   #10 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

I like most of my male teachers personalities overall, but I think most of my female teachers overall are better at teaching. Not saying that my male teachers suck at it, I just find that my female teachers just seem to do a bit better at it.

01-14-2010   #11 (permalink)
No good next to diamonds
Games
Neo SteamValkyrie SkyTrickster OnlineTribal Wars

JoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud ofJoyDivision has much to be proud of
IGN: Pinfire
Level: 50

As long as the teacher can teach properly, I don't care whether the teacher is male or female, gay or straight, what religion he is, and etc. I just so pissed off in classes where the professor is either a douchebag or cannot teach. If you cannot teach properly, please just stick to research.

01-14-2010   #12 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

I disagree, I think sex has nothing to do with how good a teacher is, especially in this generation. I have has terrible female teachers, terrible males teachers and I just had to deal with it. I dont have a problem going in with either, and honestly, it is their personality that makes me feel insecure about going in to them .-.

01-14-2010   #13 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary

I have not noticed much of a difference when it comes to teachers/librarians, well at least not to the point that i preferred one over the other. Course, i have noticed several differences in -general- from personal experience.

as far as cons go...

Female teachers seem a bit more prone to favortism with students. Male ones are a bit more likely to be strict with late policy and rules.

Pros...

Female teachers in general tend to be more lenient when the class or student deserves it. Male teachers are more likely to be ENTHUSIASTIC about what they teach.

but yeah, just general trends. I'll take either, no preference. The only difference is when they're OLD. Old female teachers have ALWAYS been annoying experiences for me, one or two were even rude to the class... one was bad enough to LOSE our class assignment and we had to DO IT AGAIN. Old male ones stay cool... usually, cept for the one or two bitter ones i had. Prolly got divorced and never got over it >_>.

However... when it comes to having one as the boss of a job...

Women. Hands down, give me a female boss. Every male manager i've worked under suffer from some sort of power-obsessive complex.

01-14-2010   #14 (permalink)
Gluttony Fang
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterRagnarok OnlinePerfect WorldPhantasy Star Online 2

Kisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud ofKisaragi has much to be proud of
IGN: Excellence
Class: Platinum Lucifer lu_sieg
Level: Ace in Exile
Guild: Harkonen

One of my male teacher liked Kamen Riders, Gunbuster, and GaoGaiGar. And if anything, he was a hell lot like Coach Ohta from Gunbuster.

He was goddamn aspiring, when we were giving up because a paper was too hard, he pushed on and told us we were worthless if we gave up. He often gave some kind of inspiring speech when he sees our spirits low.

Just one helluva teacher.

| Adventus |

01-14-2010   #15 (permalink)
Oukacon.
Games
Grand ChaseTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia
Awards Pervert Award

Reinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of lightReinshiki is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to Reinshiki
IGN: Reinshiki
Class: Amy, Arme, Ryan and Mari.
Level: What's the point? GC now so easy.

I wish I had a teacher like Accent's. D:

99% of my teachers don't watch Anime.

I'll say, I have one female teacher I like. She always tell me about anything about drawing manga art. Which is my hobby.

Other then that, I'm neutral between both.

- Winners never quit, and quitters never win. But people who never wins and never quits, are idiots.
- To save yourself unnecessary trouble, read the forum rules.

01-15-2010   #16 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

i only had one teacher to like anime and his fav was case closed/detective conan. but i had one who really loved gackt... they married each other xDDD

01-15-2010   #17 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

I have never heard of teachers so open about what they like. Most of my teachers just say common stuff that everyone likes. Nothing really personal is given.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog

01-15-2010   #18 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

I've found it much easier to bond with male teachers, maybe because we are the same gender.

I only had 2 or 3 female teachers out of my entire school career that I grew really close to.

01-15-2010   #19 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

I date with my male teacher before.
Anyways, I prefer female more because they're more easily to talk to.

01-16-2010   #20 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

i never dated any teacher before xD how do you start that?