Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-26-2009   #1 (permalink)
:kamina: Pro

Goldie is on a distinguished road
Guild: SOS Brigade
Default Why asian guys can't get white girls

Okay , I find this topic so hilarious!I think it's a load of BS.I've seen everything at my school no BS , Asian guys + white girls , White guys + Black girls , South American guys with Asian girls and Black guys with Black girls and the usual same race relationships.Well what do you think about this topic?

I don't why people are being so based on race when dating they can't focus on personality?Like I know quite a few nice Asian , White , Black guys and I know some jerks that are Asian , White , Black , Etc.Give me your opinions on this topic.

P.S The 2ND video at around 3:13 is so funny , White guy who loves Hentai LMAO , so funny!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-26-2009   #2 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Most of the time it bites the asian girls back in the ass for choosing white guys just for the thrill of it.

01-26-2009   #3 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak

Well, for the Asian side, it's usually the parents who influence the prejudices of their children. Because there aren't many black/white/hispanic people in mainland China and surrounding countries, Asian immigrants to America consider those races 'foreign', like how China considered non-Chinese foreigners 'barbarian' back in the 17th century or so (sorry, I always failed with dates). It's no wonder that you see Asian people hang out with mostly Asians, African Americans with African Americans, Caucasian with Caucasians, etc. (at least, that's what you would see in my school) Although the few black/white/hispanic friends that I have are really awesome people --- I would depend on them as much as I would depend on any Asian friend.

I'm quite neutral about race, but I'll have to admit that I hang out with mostly Asians due to preference and because my Pre-AP/AP classes are full of them. My mom, on the other hand, is flat-out racist. If I ever invite friends over, she likes to ask me what ethnicity they are. When we drive through downtown, she always glares at the black hobos and comments about how dirty they are and other derogatory stuff. I would imagine that she would freak out if I ever had a boyfriend that wasn't Asian.

these swimming gays ruined my life

01-26-2009   #4 (permalink)
<3
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerTHE CHAMP

Vaizado will become famous soon enough
IGN: Vaiki

there was this white girl that always like "liked" me? iunno I always thought she was joking but she went out with another asian guy her senior year. lol

01-26-2009   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Ruuka has a spectacular aura aboutRuuka has a spectacular aura aboutRuuka has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Ruuka
Class: Acrobat to_cat
Level: 24

I find it's a really interesting topic actually, but it's just a stereotype about asian guys not getting caucasian girls. I know there's a previous elementary friend of mine that's at my school is currently going out with a japanese guy and they seem pretty happy. I've also seen coupled caucasians + africans, filipino + south africans (browns?) etc.

For example, I've only dated asians so far and I 'thought' I was only interested in asians. But there's a caucasian guy that sits next to me on the bus frequently and I find him attractive. I also tend to be dazed for a moment if I look into blue eyes of a fair-looking guy (I have a fetish for blue eyes)
Personally I don't mind dating guys with different ethnicities, it's just the matter of if we like each other, personalities match, etc.

And I find having mixed children are awesome (cauasian + asian especially), I wish to have them too in the future. I find mixed ethnicities have a special quality to them (not saying that fulls aren't special, they are too of course). But if the person I fall in love with isn't the ethnic I'm looking for, why does it matter? But as Gina said, many asian parents tend to freak out if their kids are dating someone different from their family's race, which is pretty unfortunate. My parents weren't against me dating a korean, but I actually wonder if they would object if I dated a caucasian.

Maybe our generation will be more open-minded and have more mixed children? :0
tl;dr? Edit: Ame's longer XD

Thanks Glarbage!

01-26-2009   #6 (permalink)
/OREYA!
Games
MabinogiLeague of LegendsSudden AttackScions of Fate

n00bE is on a distinguished road
IGN: n00bE
Class: Loli
Level: 3.14159265
Guild: Trolls

Lol i remember watching these vids, always gives me a nice needed laugh

There were a couple of white girls that liked me and im asian lol
In my opinion race has nothing to do with relationships, its all about the individual and the environment they were raised in. Since i was raised in a diverse school and neighbourhood i never really looked at this "issue" the same way most people do. In fact im used to seeing it all around me

EDIT: maybe you should also post the KevJumba video on interacial babies too lol

01-26-2009   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

ChaosReaper is on a distinguished road

Simple answer to that:

Culture forbids it.

Followed up by parent/old generation pressure.

Not that many people care anymore.

01-27-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulDragon NestDragon SagaDungeon Fighter Online

Byuu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Byuu Send a message via Skype™ to Byuu
IGN: Byuu
Class: Lots lt_guardian
Level: 20-30
Guild: Hurricane

Ughh i hate streotypes, always bites me in the ass. Being a black guy its ahrder to actually get another girlfriend of the another race only because of that badboy streotype the media and has put on us. once asked this asian girl out an she said sure but when i met her parents took me like 4 months to convince them that i wasnt a gun weilding gangsta that smokes weed and stuff... I also think that guys have it harder because of the parent factor. since ost paretns are immagrants in my country alot of them belive what they are told about a certain race,( Especially the asian ones, no offense) like in my case. so for me asking a girl out is hard becuase like 40% of the time its "My parent won't let me date (insert race here)"....

thats my two cents

BYUU BYUU!~

Last edited by Byuu; 01-27-2009 at 04:07 PM.

01-27-2009   #9 (permalink)
[露丹恵瑠]
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Location: Niagara Falls, Canada Ontario [Yeah stalk me OHOHOHO]
Ronin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Ronin
IGN: Show
Level: Your
Guild: Moves

Kay i'm just gonna point out that the ugly asian chick thats dissing the asians, LOL she made me laugh so hard she's so damnnn uglyyy hhaha
Anyways you may see this because you're in a country that Caucasians dominate, like lets say if you drop 2 sticky jelly beans into a bag of rice the jelly bean will most likely attach itself to the rice instead of the other jelly bean.

Last edited by Ronin; 01-27-2009 at 07:30 AM.

01-27-2009   #10 (permalink)
Alerion Radio Head DJ

Toxxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Toxxy Send a message via MSN to Toxxy
Class: Goo Goo Muck lt_treasurehunter
Guild: Empire F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
i love this topic brb in like 3 hours, gotta write an exam/
Couldn't you have just showed up in three hours?
It took thousands, nay, millions of years for humankind to evolve to the point where its opposable thumbs allowed the species to finally achieve success in its tumultuous struggle to twist open a beer.
--The Official Harvard Student Agencies Bartending Course, 3rd Edition

01-27-2009   #11 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalePerfect WorldRunescape
Awards Retired Division Head

Bob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
Most of the time it bites the asian girls back in the ass for choosing white guys just for the thrill of it.
Why would choosing white guys be thrilling than any other guy? /facepalm

I just don`t understand our human race.

01-27-2009   #12 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin
Kay i'm just gonna point out that the ugly asian chick thats dissing the asians, LOL
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

well anyways, the stereotype is not true because i've had white girls like me
o.O
though my parents have a ranking of which girl i should be with:
1. vietnamese
2. other asian
3. white
4. latino
5. black

01-27-2009   #13 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosReaper
Simple answer to that:

Culture forbids it.

Followed up by parent/old generation pressure.

Not that many people care anymore.
Actually, the culture issue is now flipped on it's head. After the first few waves of immigration, a few oriental guys actually did marry white girls, and the vast majority of them had good looking kids. Some of the parents now bother their kids to go marry a white person. They don't care as much about culture issues now, since the biased parents are now old enough to be willing to raise the grandkids, so the couple can go back to having sex quicker and produce more grandkids.

One thing that really seems odd to me is this: why are so many big black women now married to older oriental men? It was a funny pairing in Rumble In The Bronx, but seeing it so common now is just plain strange.

01-27-2009   #14 (permalink)
:kamina: Pro

Goldie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByuuGun
Ughh i hate streotypes, always bites me in the ass. Being a black guy its ahrder to actually get another girlfriend of the another race only because of that badboy streotype the media and has put on us. once asked this asian girl out an she said sure but when i met her parents took me like 4 months to convince them that i wasnt a gun weilding gangsta that smokes weed and stuff... I also think that guys have it harder because of the parent factor. since ost paretns are immagrants in my country alot of them belive what they are told about a certain race,( Especially the asian ones, no offense) like in my case. so for me asking a girl out is hard becuase like 40% of the time its "My parent won't let me date (insert race here)"....

thats my two cents
Yes , I know what you mean.And that's the point race is getting in our way because of stereotypes why can't people face it's about the personality

01-27-2009   #15 (permalink)
Devil's Advocate

Vegeance has a spectacular aura aboutVegeance has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Vegeance
IGN: Scorpia, ScorpiaX, Excali
Guild: Hidden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldie
Yes , I know what you mean.And that's the point race is getting in our way because of stereotypes why can't people face it's about the personality
Some people don't like ''different'' because they want to preserve their tradition and culture, but now we're exposed to different things. Perhaps we can be biologically attracted to certain races more than others because we physically but unconsciously feel that they are more compatible with our genes or is more fertile. The future might be very well a diverse one. Half-human, half-robots?

In the end, a relationship might just be a primitive need for love and reproduction. You can be attracted to one's qualities, one's appearance or one's interests.

Eros - a passionate physical and emotional love based on aesthetic enjoyment; stereotype of romantic love
Ludus – a love that is played as a game or sport; conquest
Storge – an affectionate love that slowly develops from friendship, based on similarity
Pragma – love that is driven by the head, not the heart; undemonstrative
Mania – highly volatile love; obsession; fueled by low self-esteem
Agape – selfless altruistic love; spiritual; motherly love

Last edited by Vegeance; 01-27-2009 at 05:18 PM.

01-27-2009   #16 (permalink)
Lii
ggFTW Regular

Lii has disabled reputation

The only reason my mom would prefer our race is because she can communicate with her. Other than that, she doesn't care who I date so I guess she isn't uptight about it.

For myself, I have only dated Chinese females due to the Asian community taking over the majority of the city. I grew up around Asian people throughout my grade schools and have a preference over them because I am so used to being around them. However, our generation doesn't necessarily care about the restrictions our parents give us and we choose to like or love someone since our preferences are not necessarily their background but what qualities they have that attract you.

Therefore my preference is Chinese females but I do wander off that road if the female attracts me by their intelligence, beauty, and/or their ability to express their ideas through communicating.

01-27-2009   #17 (permalink)
C'est La Vie

Mysteria will become famous soon enoughMysteria will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Mysteria
IGN: Eyelash
Level: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senpai
Well, for the Asian side, it's usually the parents who influence the prejudices of their children. Because there aren't many black/white/hispanic people in mainland China and surrounding countries, Asian immigrants to America consider those races 'foreign', like how China considered non-Chinese foreigners 'barbarian' back in the 17th century or so (sorry, I always failed with dates). It's no wonder that you see Asian people hang out with mostly Asians, African Americans with African Americans, Caucasian with Caucasians, etc. (at least, that's what you would see in my school) Although the few black/white/hispanic friends that I have are really awesome people --- I would depend on them as much as I would depend on any Asian friend.

I'm quite neutral about race, but I'll have to admit that I hang out with mostly Asians due to preference and because my Pre-AP/AP classes are full of them. My mom, on the other hand, is flat-out racist. If I ever invite friends over, she likes to ask me what ethnicity they are. When we drive through downtown, she always glares at the black hobos and comments about how dirty they are and other derogatory stuff. I would imagine that she would freak out if I ever had a boyfriend that wasn't Asian.
So true ROFL. Same with my parents.

01-28-2009   #18 (permalink)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Adun Send a message via Skype™ to Adun
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePhuc
4. latino
You mean latina. Latinos are male.

The ethnicity of the person I'm with has no precedence with me and it never has. I did have a preference for someone with a similar skin tone to my own, but many ethnic groups fall into that category. The fact that I'm half-Korean and half-White just jumbles that up even more, because I can be one or the other or both, depending on how people look at me.

Stereotypes. Stereotypes. Stereotypes. Gotta love how certain people let it govern how they act towards a specific ethnic group. Shows how shallow many human beings can be. There's more to a person than their appearance or background.

01-28-2009   #19 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

oh right, my bad

sometimes the stereotypes aren't between the couple but from the people around them towards the couple
like it's not right for them to be together or something

01-28-2009   #20 (permalink)
I love you

Milano has disabled reputation
IGN: Miya
Class: Italian
Level: 22
Guild: Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePhuc
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

well anyways, the stereotype is not true because i've had white girls like me
o.O
though my parents have a ranking of which girl i should be with:
1. vietnamese
2. other asian
3. white
4. latino
5. black
Your parents actually gave you a ranking of who your heart should decide to be with? o.o;