LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-02-2009   #1 (permalink)
Devil's Advocate

Vegeance has a spectacular aura aboutVegeance has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Vegeance
IGN: Scorpia, ScorpiaX, Excali
Guild: Hidden
Default How's adulthood?

So for those of you who are already 18 or much much older. How's adulthood? Enjoyful? The responsibilities?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-02-2009   #2 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody who looks forward to it has problems.

01-02-2009   #3 (permalink)
C.I.A. Rad Bromance
Games
Trickster OnlineAuditionGrand ChasePangya
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Torikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond reputeTorikakae has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Torikakae Send a message via Yahoo to Torikakae Send a message via Skype™ to Torikakae
IGN: Torikakae
Class: Buffalo to_buffalo
Level: 400
Guild: Mirage Coordinator

19 now, turning 20 in a few months, and nothing is different from when I was 14. >_>

~Thank you Shnao for the siggie~

01-02-2009   #4 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

It feels great not to mooch off your parents. Also, no one can tell me what to do anymore. o_o

It's a whole different can of worms. Hard to explain. Just throw me some questions.

01-02-2009   #5 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

Some who are 18+ are yet to be adults.
As for me, I am still 17 and angsty o/

01-02-2009   #6 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

i'm 21.

i don't think i'm in a mindset right now to seriously consider your questions... in lots of ways i am still a kid. but i do have grown up like responsibilities that i don't paticularly find enjoyable.

i work a lot. i work everyday even most holidays. that's consequence of me not having a -good- job. and good here means white collar with an office job. lol. when you were a school kid you had lots of vacations. maybe when i get a salary job i'll be more content in that aspect

social life... uhi guess it might come as easy as back in grade school. when iw as in grade school i only talked to people at school and never talk to anyone when home or on breaks. so i guess i'm the same way with work. i'll talk to you at work but not outside of it.

money. money is... well when i was young i had wants and needs. but when you're young your parents supply your needs and your more reasonable wants if lucky. now i'm older i have a shit load of needs and even more wants... i can barely afford my needs and sometimes i still wanna splurge on myself... but u gotta hold back and be responsibility. besides... ur credit is on the line. credit is a cruel mistress if handled wrongly.

when you're young you're responsible for yourself and your chores. school work. ok when you're older you're responsible for helping the family. taking care of yourself. then you have bills. then you have maintenance of the itens you own. insurance is... awful.

but the thing is to realize that you're giong to make some mistakes in these areas when u grow up and feel disappointed but that's what it all is. growing up. you're not little anymore. your parents had to do it too! your neighbor. your teacher. the bank teller.

so when u feel overwhelmed just talk to your parents. they probably call u immature but it's also mature that you're even talking about it.

there are good points too. but i'm still a really young adult so i still have yet to get the full experience yet

01-02-2009   #7 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
It feels great not to mooch off your parents. Also, no one can tell me what to do anymore. o_o

It's a whole different can of worms. Hard to explain. Just throw me some questions.
how crappy is office life?

or was cath the one who worked in an office .__.

01-02-2009   #8 (permalink)
Sexy Bish &lt;3
Special

SkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis

Do you have any regrets?

Do you like who you are?

:3

01-02-2009   #9 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Wow you guys took it literally. -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henreh
how crappy is office life?

or was cath the one who worked in an office .__.
Yeah it was me. A white-collar job has its perks but it's boring. Trust me, no one likes to stare at Microsoft Excel all day.

To be fair, this job may be boring but it has sent me to different countries and bought me a lot of things. I don't think I would ever experience getting chauffeured around in a limo if it weren't for this job. Plus, it built me a pretty impressive resume.

It's just a stepping stone anyway. I'm moving on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillzKillz
Do you have any regrets?

Do you like who you are?

:3
I don't cry over spilled milk.

And yes, I like who I am even though I'm not perfect and have much to improve on. o;

01-03-2009   #10 (permalink)
Devil's Advocate

Vegeance has a spectacular aura aboutVegeance has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Vegeance
IGN: Scorpia, ScorpiaX, Excali
Guild: Hidden

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
Anybody who looks forward to it has problems.
I never said I looked forward to it. I was asking a general question about it =.= And yes, I do have problems, I'm pretty sure you have problems too and everyone else here. Is there something wrong with having problems that need to be solved? And if you were trying to imply ''psychological'' problems, well I am not on par with society's normality teenage standards.

Last edited by Vegeance; 01-03-2009 at 06:17 AM.

01-03-2009   #11 (permalink)
Alerion Radio Head DJ

Toxxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Toxxy Send a message via MSN to Toxxy
Class: Goo Goo Muck lt_treasurehunter
Guild: Empire F

Half the time it sucks that you can't get away with the same crap you pulled in highschool, the other half of the time is great because you can buy booze and cigarettes.
It took thousands, nay, millions of years for humankind to evolve to the point where its opposable thumbs allowed the species to finally achieve success in its tumultuous struggle to twist open a beer.
--The Official Harvard Student Agencies Bartending Course, 3rd Edition

01-03-2009   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

I love being an adult (I'm 25 btw)
But I also loved being a kid and a teenager- so I can't really say if one is better than the other.

As an adult you can do whatever you feel like, so long as you are willing to accept the consequences of your actions. You don't have to do chores, eat your veggies, do your work - but likewise then you could just end up living in filth, as fat as a cow and unemployed. So for the most part if you had good parents, what this really means is no one is watching your back all the time anymore- you have to do the "right thing" because it's good for you, not cause someone is telling you to.
As an adult I have a hard time feeling bad for any teenager who complains about their parents or their chores - think your parents are annoying cause they tell you to get off the computer and clean your room? or perhaps you think your parents are unfair cause they won't give you 20 dollars to go to the movies with your friends? Just wait until you own your own house and you constantly have to clean all of it, take care of the yard, worry about bills, pay off loans, keep a decent credit score, physical health, etc, all while working at least 40 hours a week.
I find I have a lot less time to do random crap as an adult cause I'm too busy just micromanaging all the different parts of my life.
Now this isn't to say being an adult isn't awesome - It's great having control over your own life and for me I really love my job and work with great people that I consider friends (and family, my sister works at the same office lol), and of course there is the joys of being married (which I'm sure you can all imagine )
but sometimes it would be nice to be a teenager again and have my major worry be the next calculus exam or something LOL.

Kitty Empire Forever

01-03-2009   #13 (permalink)
STEP
Awards Event WinnerMoM AwardSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook FanTwitter Fan

WhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond reputeWhatThePhuc has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePhuc Send a message via MSN to WhatThePhuc
IGN: Phuc Tran
Class: Visual Arts Major lt_warlord
Level: 23
Guild: University of California, San Diego

you have responsibility over yourself
your health, your money, etc.

i'm glad i'm still in college
school is a pain in the ass but that's what i love about it
i'm gonna miss stressing about scores and crying about how the next exam is gonna rape me

01-03-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulDragon NestDragon SagaDungeon Fighter Online

Byuu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Byuu Send a message via Skype™ to Byuu
IGN: Byuu
Class: Lots lt_guardian
Level: 20-30
Guild: Hurricane

To much stuff to think about...

BYUU BYUU!~

01-04-2009   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Vioded is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Vioded Send a message via Skype™ to Vioded
IGN: zekiel0
Class: templar lt_templar
Level: 110
Guild: Nutmeg, Hobos
Xfire: vioded

This adult hood is not fun,most adults do things that have purpose.They dont seem to do any thing for fun,so I usally have fun by myself.

01-04-2009   #16 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all
Class: Some kind of mage shat lt_sorcerer
Guild: MyMMOGames

^ LIES

I turn 20 soon, and I don't know if that counts as adulthood but I'll still be coming here, and MMORPGing my ass of with friends. :U

01-04-2009   #17 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

I'm 22, although I like to delude myself that I'm still 17 sometimes. Of course as an adult you have alot more responsibilities; noone's gonna go chasing after you to get things done- you have to make things happen yourself.

However, I guess I'm in a tight situation right now since I'm not totally financially independent yet (college .-.).

It's the nature of my circuitry.

01-04-2009   #18 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

RandomCrazyBuns is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kitkin/NatsuNoHime
Class: Cat/Bunny to_champion
Level: 16X/17X

Being a young adult means you can still indulge in pampering yourself and whatnot but being a adult adult you can't.
Being a young adult would mean adult adults would want you to contribute to household expenses but you can still get away with not helping at all.(Especially if you have unstable finances)
Being a young adult means you would start thinking more about consequences of your actions.(Which is a bore many times when you just wanna act like a kid)

Still i miss having 1 month of vacation to do whatever i want.(rolling around at home doing nothing basically)Being a adult also means you have less vacations and hafta work your butt off when others are slacking off DX
Ghyphon-Lion-AC-7X
MizuFloss-Sheep-MA-6X
~Jewlia~
NatsuNoHime-Bunny-AP-17X
PyroKitsune-Fox-DA+LK-5X
Bearick-Racoon-AP+HV-14X
KuroNami-Sheep-MA-7X

MyBrute-Fight me

01-05-2009   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

eD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura abouteD3N has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to eD3N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torikakae
19 now, turning 20 in a few months, and nothing is different from when I was 14. >_>
Same here for now

It's cool to have money, but having almost all your time taken by job sucks. Then when you got a day off all you want to do is sit home and take it easy =[

I still live with my parents so I haven't experienced everything yet, but generally it's alright.
I hated when I was young I had to mooch my freaking parents for the smallest things, now I get what the hell I choose when I choose to.

I always thought i'd be much more mature at my age, but I was already pretty mature in my early teens so nothing really changed.

Last edited by eD3N; 01-05-2009 at 02:52 PM.

01-06-2009   #20 (permalink)
GM Magnet
Special

SEGAMew will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to SEGAMew
IGN: ~LeonSchroeder~, HaoQiao,
Class: Lion to_scientist
Level: 253
Guild: DayBreak

It sucks. Seeing as how my mentality is still that of my younger self, I'm much better off as a kid since apparently I'm too immature to grasp the concept of how to actually be an adult.

[Temporary Sig Until I Get a New one] - Now where have I heard that one before @.@
[Leon's Thread of Arts]