Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-29-2008   #1 (permalink)
shotgun opera lock'n load
Special
Games
FiestaTrickster OnlineTransformice!King of Kings III
Awards Event WinnerSotW Professional

moffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: xKillua
Class: Sorc/Reaper to_scientist
Level: 66
Guild: Noblesse
Default Sleeping habits

I usually get roughly 8 hours of sleep each night. Sometime during the next day, I usually take a nap lasting 60~90 minutes.

How normal does this seem to you?

I ask, because lately I've been harassed about the nap part. I feel that as long as I'm not hurting anyone (because the person I keep an eye on is usually sleeping too, and sleeps a lot longer due to age and medications), I think I should be allowed to take a nap if I want to.

Thoughts?

edit: She strikes again. Before, it was that I was sleeping too much that must be making me "tired all the time". Now, it's that I don't get enough exercise. The way she worded it, "I've finally figured out what you need", just makes it sound like she's grasping at straws. I suppose I'm not DDRing enough to satisfy her.

Last edited by moffit; 12-29-2008 at 12:14 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-29-2008   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

CrimsonCeres will become famous soon enoughCrimsonCeres will become famous soon enough
IGN: ChocoPuddi
Class: Dagger TH baby! lt_treasurehunter
Level: 80...still xD
Guild: Kimochi

Lol, that sounds pretty normal to me. It's pretty similar to my sleeping habit, so I don't think you have to worry much about it. 9-10 hours of sleep isn't going to make people tired all the time. :x I slept 12+ hours a day before abd actually felt very, very refreshed. I'd worry more if I start sleeping like 5-6 hours a day and can't go back to sleep.

12-29-2008   #3 (permalink)
Special
Games

moffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad someone agrees with me. I even occasionally take glucose tablets because I know I have low blood sugar, even though I never went to have it diagnosed. They don't really seem to do much.

12-29-2008   #4 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

School days I get roughly 7 hours. I nap for at least 2 hours but I get at least 10-12 hours if I don't have school.

12-29-2008   #5 (permalink)
Go Canada!

Zephy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zephy
IGN: Zephy
Guild: My Harem, [JW]

I always have a game or two on my DS or listen to my ipod before I sleep. Weirdly, it does put me to sleep. ._. Gets me a good 8 hours of sleep. As part of my change of lifestyle, after I wake up, I do 10 push-ups before I wash up.

Thanks to Shnao for the siggy and avatar

12-30-2008   #6 (permalink)
Posting once a year.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineMapleStoryDungeon Fighter OnlineLa Tale
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Yoruhime has a spectacular aura aboutYoruhime has a spectacular aura about
Level: - ∞
Guild: FrenchBread

My sleeping hours is from 11:30 PM to 9:00 AM. Wake me up any earlier than that, my body will feel hazy. That's why on schooldays, it takes a few minutes for me to officially get up.

Before going to bed, I usually play the DS. Though it could get addicting, it does put me in a sleepy/dreamy mood.

As for naps, I don't take naps unless I wasn't feeling well.

12-30-2008   #7 (permalink)
Devil's Advocate

Vegeance has a spectacular aura aboutVegeance has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Vegeance
IGN: Scorpia, ScorpiaX, Excali
Guild: Hidden

11:30/12:00/1:30 PM until 8:30/9:00/10:00 AM on non-school days or
10:50/11:20 until 9:00 AM on weekends
10:30/11:00/11:20 until 7:10 AM on schooldays

I usually listen to some MP3s with the fan on low-powered before I go to sleep, it helps me rest.
Everyone's sleeping habits (every hour, a 20 minute nap, etc) vary depending on weight, lifestyle, environment. Since some people can sleep with noise, some with lights on or otherwise, there really is no ''set'' amount of hours you have to sleep.

12-30-2008   #8 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

I usually go to bed between 1-2AM, regardless of whether it is a schoolnight or not. If it's a schoolnight I'd probably get 6-7 hours of sleep. I like to sleep in on weekends though, so 8-10 hours on a weekend.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

12-30-2008   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

BrokenKarma is on a distinguished road
IGN: Nostalgic
Class: Trapper
Level: 41

Sounds like my sleeping habits, cept my naps = 3hrs+

:3

Dragonica [ IAH ] : 44 Trapper [ Elga ] / IGN : Nostalgic

12-30-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Pentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura aboutPentao has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Pentao
Class: (Dagger) Ruin Walker / Rogue Master lt_treasurehunter
Level: 18X / 14X
Guild: Syndicate [Leader]

Anywhere from 7-14 hours on weekends. Anywhere from 4-10 hours on weekdays.

12-31-2008   #11 (permalink)
I'll be here, don't worry
Games
Atlantica OnlineAuditionAngels OnlineAika Online
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

LaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to LaTale Send a message via Skype™ to LaTale
IGN: Khamael
Class: Wizard/bard lt_bard
Level: -shrug-
Guild: Ciao
Xfire: amittoletumfuzzy

That sound perfectly normal to me.

Let's see... I get about 8-9 hours sleep on weekends and on school days I get about 5-7(Depending on when I fall asleep...) hours sleep. Uhh... Go my sleep?

12-31-2008   #12 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all
Class: Some kind of mage shat lt_sorcerer
Guild: MyMMOGames

Oh my goddd, you don't want to know

I usually sleep from 8-10 hours all the time 8D depending on if I have class in the morning or not..

but it's WHEN those 8-10 hour periods occur that's the problem .__.

12-31-2008   #13 (permalink)
Special
Games

I used to get 4 hours sleep when I was working 20-hour workdays. Did that for nearly a year before hitting my burnout point. I'd prefer to get about 10 hours of sleep, but can function alertly at 4, 7 or 9 hours. Having someone tell me I shouldn't nap when I feel like I need one shoots my patience all to hell.

01-01-2009   #14 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

4-7 Hours - School Days
7-8 Hours - Weekends

Have not slept a nap in years.
Somehow, it feels like I am losing part of myself everytime I go to sleep.

No matter what may await, please don't regret meeting me.

Solomid Guides:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22360

01-02-2009   #15 (permalink)
Sexy Bish <3
Special

SkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to beholdSkillzKillz is a splendid one to behold

I don't have much of a sleep habit because it's always changing.

Sometimes I've slept 2h, then the next night I'll sleep 12 hours and through class.

I have like 120 lates & absences. halp ._.

01-02-2009   #16 (permalink)
FailTale Player
Special

HienRose is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to HienRose
IGN: Allenor
Class: Fire Mage lt_mage
Level: 31
Guild: Nutmeg

I have a messed up sleeping habit lol... I usually get 2-7hours of sleep, if its 4 or less, then its most likely because of insomnia... then there is the part where if i fall asleep before 1am, i wake up like 1 or 2hours later and be up (no matter how i try) till like 6-7am... but I usually take a nap on the subway to school which is about 20mins... but it does the job enough for a while... lol

Pokemon Heart Gold - 2536 5804 2368 - BROMONT
-I will try to be more active on these forums for the sole purpose of Pokemon, yeah!-

01-02-2009   #17 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

I sleep at 2am and wake up at 8am on weekdays. 6 hours didn't use to be enough, but my body always adjusts after a couple of weeks when my schedule changes. Weekends are spent 50% sleeping, though. =p

01-03-2009   #18 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Optimally, I need at least 8 - 10 hours of sleep. I can survive on a minimum of 4. Any lower and I'll be a zombie the next day.

If I get my minimun hours, I usually don't take a map. If I have nothing to do, or if I slept little the previous night, then yeah, I map.. But my map's usually 2-3 hours.