Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-27-2008   #1 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore
Default Homosociality

lol.

anyway... as the title says this is talkiing about homosociality. homosocial is the friendship between people of the same gender. do you find that you're a guy who hangs out with mostly guys? or are you a girl who hangs out with mostly girls? do you have a mix? or do you hang out with the opposite sex?

who you hang out with?

i tend to have a lot of guy friends cos we hang out and play vid games together. also they tend to have the same interest as me. however i find that even though in groups i hang out with guys... i have a closer relationship with girls i know.

my best friend is a girl. i've known her since jr high and sometimes when ppl hear we're still friends they be like "you two aren't dating yet?" lol

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-27-2008   #2 (permalink)
Alerion Radio Head DJ

Toxxy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Toxxy Send a message via MSN to Toxxy
Class: Goo Goo Muck lt_treasurehunter
Guild: Empire F

I hang out with a lot of chicks, but to be honest I hang out with most of them because I want to do the "monster mash" with them. Although two of my best friends are chicks and I genuinely like their company, I'd still hit it though.
But I think for the most part my friends tend to be dudes.

12-27-2008   #3 (permalink)
I'll be here, don't worry
Games
Atlantica OnlineAuditionAngels OnlineAika Online
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

LaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to LaTale Send a message via Skype™ to LaTale
IGN: Khamael
Class: Wizard/bard lt_bard
Level: -shrug-
Guild: Ciao
Xfire: amittoletumfuzzy

I hang out with mostly guys, Don't know why. I've had alot of female friends, but whenever they are with some other girls and I'm with them they talk about guys, horses and other stuff that I don't pay attention to. Whenever girls in my old class started to talk about guys they always use to say to me "Oh, you should totally get together with [Insert guys name here]!". Guh. (The guys is a really nice dude and I used to play with him when I was little. But I don't like him in that way. Plus that I already have a boyfriend.) My childerhood friend is a guy too, he was my next door neighbour when I was little. So I used to walk to his house and play with him. Woderful times~ I'm not with him so much more anymore, Kinda sad. He's really nice~
Plus that I always played with/followed my big brother when I was little. (I probably lost my feminine side because of that.)

Girls are nice to be with, but I prefer to be with guys~
(No offence girls! I don't mean anything bad! D'x)

(Rofl... So much text...)

12-27-2008   #4 (permalink)
VIP

Tamiki will become famous soon enough

I have moar guy friends then girl friends...

I have problem with hanging out with girls, they want to be moar then just friends lol

same goes for guys :X

12-27-2008   #5 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

More girl friends than guy friends, but probably only like one or two more girl friends than guy friends.
Most of my friends are only in Band anyways, and I really only talk about Band, simply because I'm not into much other than Band. I mean sure sports, I can jabber away that, but it'd make me look like an idiot because I never really understand.

12-27-2008   #6 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute

yaeh back when i was in orchestra my friends were orch ppl and me and my section (viola) was pretty tight. all girls minus me and the guy fred... but he was gay. lol

12-27-2008   #7 (permalink)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Games
Blade & SoulAdventure Quest WorldsDiablo IIIGuild Wars 2
Awards Twitter Fan

Poople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud ofPoople has much to be proud of

i have more guy friends than girl friends but i'm closer with my girl friends

12-27-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Ruuka has a spectacular aura aboutRuuka has a spectacular aura aboutRuuka has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Ruuka
Class: Acrobat to_cat
Level: 24

I hang out with a mix of both.
But since I moved back to Quebec from Toronto, I noticed the girls act a bit different.

School in Quebec: Boring, gossipy, talks a lot about boyfriends
Outside of school: "So... Did you date any hot guys in Toronto?"

School in Toronto: My girl-friends think it's just completely normal to hug and hold hands/arms occasionally, or even a kiss on the cheek. I mean it's fun but Quebec girls don't do that lol, they think it's uncomfortable I guess. And 99% of my friends are asian, so not necessarily because of their background.

Thanks Glarbage!

12-27-2008   #9 (permalink)
swiggity swag
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
IGN: Kaitoru
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

I mostly hang out with girls because I've been living my life with only girls. (my mom and sister)

these swimming gays ruined my life

12-27-2008   #10 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Khmer2k1d5

Though I know much more girls than I do guys, I hang out with my guy friends more. Something about chatting of these girls we know holds a sense of.. friendship.. When I do hang out with girls, which is a lot, though not as much as I do with my guy friends, I just hang there, sitting down and having this talk about.. well, you know, mostly kidding though, even though sometimes they're not, lucky me 8D

Most of my female friends are sisters to me Q___Q

I <3 KUDA

12-29-2008   #11 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

I've got a lot more girls as friend than guys. Iunno why. I'm just a lot nicer towards females than males.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

12-29-2008   #12 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

My core group's all girls, friends I've been with for 10-12 years now. (Yeah, we're tight.) I have a lunch group at work (also girls), but my after-work social life is spent with Da Boys. They're all guys, and I'm the only girl who regularly hangs out with them for a few drinks (okay, more than a few) here and there. They always tell me I'm "one of the boys" but treat me like a princess, haha. I guess I get along with both genders.

...Oddly enough, my friends are not a mix of guys and girls. It's either all-girls or all-guys. Odd, huh.

Last edited by Catharsis; 12-29-2008 at 01:09 AM.

12-29-2008   #13 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all
Class: Some kind of mage shat lt_sorcerer
Guild: MyMMOGames

In high school, most of my friends were girls because there were a great deal more of them in my classes, and all of the guys were douchebags. \o\

In college it's pretty much 40-60 in favor of girls.

12-29-2008   #14 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiki
I have moar guy friends then girl friends...

I have problem with hanging out with girls, they want to be moar then just friends lol

same goes for guys :X
Oh my Tami, getting vibes from both sides are we?

Agree with Guiles about the college bit, but I wouldn't really consider them close friends; more like passing acquaintances.

Close friends are from high school days, and they're all guys. (I went to a private all-boys school).

It's the nature of my circuitry.

12-29-2008   #15 (permalink)
Hanging by a Thread
Special
Awards Pervert Award

Guiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to allGuiles is a name known to all
Class: Some kind of mage shat lt_sorcerer
Guild: MyMMOGames

^ It's the other way around for me.. I have more close friends in college than in high school, but then I went to a rowdy public school.

I'm using a pretty strict definition of 'close' though.

12-29-2008   #16 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

To be completely honest, i have no friends that i hang out with anymore....

Friendships are hard for me when done in real life because i've always been uncomfortable around other guys, but all of the girls ive been close friends with... well... was a little more than close friends....

Unfortunatly, i dont know how to hold a conversation. When i DID hang out with people, it was when i was 19, and i would hang out at a friends house after work and drink and play video games while they drank, played video games and smoked illegal substances... but all we did was play ddr, and other video games while drunk.

It's hard to find friends when your biggest hobby is collecting Japanese music and you're too poor to go out.

When it comes to workplace relationships, its's always girls.... i worked at a drycleaners with all girls with one other guy for 3 years, worked in a restaurant where all the wait-staff were girls, and now i work at blockbuster..... all girls but myself and the boss. it just ends up that i'm around more girls than guys.

Growing up, it was me hanging out with... well, erm... me. i used to follow my brother around because i couldnt get any friends, and being gay, made friendships with guys in earlier years to be really difficult.

(ok, enough of me in this topic.... its seeming really depressing)

oooooooh, and online its an even mix of online friends of guys and girls, and even girls who end up being guys in disguise... wtf?

12-29-2008   #17 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Most my friends are guys . . . most of the girls that I am friends with like to play around too much if I have too many I won't be able to handle it. ~_~

--Frenchbread is

12-29-2008   #18 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiles
^ It's the other way around for me.. I have more close friends in college than in high school, but then I went to a rowdy public school.
same here. the only person i keep in touch with from HS is a girl... and one guy who happens to go to the same university as me. otherwise we probably would have fell outta contact...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globalastro
To be completely honest, i have no friends that i hang out with anymore....

Growing up, it was me hanging out with... well, erm... me. i used to follow my brother around because i couldnt get any friends, and being gay, made friendships with guys in earlier years to be really difficult.
yeah when i graduate i kind of see myself falling into the same thing. during my breaks when everyone goes back home and leaves campus i find that my social life consists entirely of the internet... meh. and i am not much of a conversation peron wither. sometimes in real life it is a struggle to just talk. my mouth just doesn't want to open. lol

and at my work... i keep to myself completely. every job i had i never talk to anyone. they talk to me and i only answer in as little words as possible so in time people tend to leave me alone... but sometimes i hear people talking about how they don't like me... or i dn't like them because i don't ever say anything. but i get everything done so they can't say i'm a bad worker... i work at a dry cleaner too xD

my workplace has usually been full of women. a first the cleaners was all men but now due to some circumstances i'm now surrounded by women and a gay man who talk too much and irritating the hell outta me.

at game stop it's different. at first i was really quiet but my coworkers are all guys who i have stuff in common with so i talk a lot more...

and as a kid... dude globby you making me say a lot. lol. anyway i kept to myself as well or followed my big brother everywhere. i would do everything with them and follow them. if they playing games i stay in the room even if they don't want me in there. xD and then they go outside i followed. the thing is being the smallest u always end up the victim to their wrestling moves...

ok-- why did i just go on a tangent? oh i guess cos i found some parallels between us. lol i dunno. or maybe i just felt like typing a long ass reply

12-29-2008   #19 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

@Duke: Lolwut? o.o

I don't get along well with guys primarily because I'm small. And a very easy target. Not to mention, I'm not very emotionally stable. I never was good with the friend thing. I always kept to myself, and before we moved the first time I only had about ~3 friends. When I came back, one moved away, another developed different interests, and the third was kind of a friend with me again but it wasn't like before I moved.

12-29-2008   #20 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on the activity. If it's going to a pool hall, there's usually a few more girls than guys. If it's a visit to an internet cafe for a fragfest, it's all guys, or one or two girls who pretend to be interested until they can't put up with the fake act any more and sulk in a corner playing Neopets and blogging until we all tire and leave. If it's a visit to go clothes shopping, the only males present are the ones who need clothes, boyfriends who have to do the obligatory complimenting and act like they would rather not shoot themselves in the head, or the Mr. Nice Guys, which will never land a date with any of the girls there. Karaoke is a mixed bag. It depends on how persuasive the women are, and how gay the guys are. If a guy is perfectly willing to go to a karaoke bar, he is either gay, thinking about being gay, ready to die, and/or from a) Japan or b) The Philippines.