Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-26-2008   #1 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore
Default 30 is not the new 20

it's the same old 30.

well i'm not turning 30. i'm turning 21 and i used to think 20, 21 was old. now i just feel like the same old me. i thought by now i'd have all my stuff together but i don't. so what were your expectations for when u were 21... or if you're not 21 yet what do you expect?

are u disappointed with where u are in life?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-26-2008   #2 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

21 is the legal gambling/drinking age here. O:

these swimming gays ruined my life

11-26-2008   #3 (permalink)
Designer

Location: In the Long Ago, when Things were Otherwise and the Moon was Different
Ryugen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryugen
Class: Non-existant lt_treasurehunter
Level: <3

I always expected some mental switch would flick between being a child and being an adult, and that suddenly I'd get everything together and be able to sort stuff out with responsibility.

Turns out I did that anyway, and absolutely nothing obvious changed very fast. I'm still the same me I was a year ago, or perhaps a little different. Apparently a really important part of brain developement, Risk Management, only developes around 24. Perhaps that's when the magical switch is thrown XD

11-26-2008   #4 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

I'm 22 but I still feel like I'm 17. Teenage years were the best times ever (or at least up till now). College is pretty much a rat race to see who's gonna grab those coveted Honours. It bores me.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameh
When I turned 21, I expected life to be more... serious? And for myself to be more.. mature? Now it really is the same old. I do the same stuff I was doing when I was 17 or whatever, so I guess not much has changed.
I totally understand how you feel, Ameh. :V

It's the nature of my circuitry.

Last edited by Javier; 11-26-2008 at 07:14 PM.

11-26-2008   #5 (permalink)
Sleepy Pineapple
Special

Levin has disabled reputation
IGN: Sety
Class: Sleepy Pineapple
Level: 11x
Guild: KoC

I'm still the same old person...here have a pineapple.

11-26-2008   #6 (permalink)
Always be myself
Awards Event Winner

Azusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to allAzusa is a name known to all
IGN: I dunno, lol
Class: I dunno, lol
Level: I dunno, lol
Guild: ShiningRay

It's just nice to set milestones at certain points in time so we can identify them. Like how 18 is when you are an "adult", or 30 is when you start being considered "old". Life itself is actually uncertain, but people enjoy certainties. This is also part of why MMOs are so popular: your progress and achievements are gauged and relayed to you constantly in a way that you know what exactly you've done and how far you've made it.

Now if only life had such a feature.

yaeka | 155 | Dagger Treasure Hunter | Little Templar
IchigoParfait | 145 | Power Blader | Valkyrie Schoolgirl

11-26-2008   #7 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

lol. so does that mean our high school diploma and college degree are our boss seals? wait no that'd be the iten we get when job advance. lol

honor rolls and employee of the month are like boss seals i guess

11-26-2008   #8 (permalink)
ビリビリ
Games
Sword 2Trickster OnlineDungeon Fighter OnlineEmil Chronicle Online
Awards Pervert Award

Fineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud ofFineti has much to be proud of

This is pretty much why I stopped really celebrating my birthday around 15. It's silly to think that one day is going to suddenly change you that much. By the time your birthday comes around, you've already gone through the changes of the past year.

Oh right, I'm 19 and all I expect to happen when I turn 21 is that I'll get a horizontal license and be able to buy alcohol (yay?). Yeah, I'll be different in some way, but it won't happen all at once when the clock strikes midnight. I'm not Cinderella. >_>

[edit:] Well you can change a lot in one day, but that's mainly from a major event or something.