Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-22-2008   #1 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE
Default Small towns > *

Most of the folks on IRC already know that I live in a really small farming community in West Texas, and I have no family or old friends here. When I left the Corps, I pretty much threw a dart at the map of Texas and it landed here.

Anyway, I opted to work the harvest season (sorghum) for the money and I was pretty lazy pretty much this entire year. It's been 16 hour days for the past three weeks, with no days off, but that overtime stacked up like you wouldn't believe.

Anyway, tonight we had over fifty harvest trucks in line waiting to unload at our grainery, and things were going really slow considering machinery breakdowns and stuff. So all these drivers were basically stuck in their trucks waiting and hoping they can unload before closing time.

Then there was the surprise of the evening, one of the local Baptist churches surprised us - literally - by spending the day fixing up enough turkey, dressing, mashed taters (the real kind, not that instant shit), stuffing, green beans and pumpking pie and handed out to-go plates to every driver in line and everyone working at the grainery. Not only was this fresh hot food, they loaded down every to-go tray with more food than I could possibly eat. We had no idea they'd do this, they just did it on a whim. Wow. Every got a hot, free homecooked meal tonight.

I've lived in this small town for about a year and it's wonderful. Even my job was awesome, the hours were long but it was laid back with none of that corporate bullshit you see everywhere nowadays. Everyone including management was relaxed and nothing was ever a big deal. Just show up, work hard, and everything was cool. There was no office drama, either. That was nice.

I'd like to return here once my college is done - I can't ever imagine moving back to California or living in a place bigger than this. There's not much here, but the people more than make up for it.

The only thing that could make this town better was if the Wal-Mart closed down and the mom and pop shops returned but that's another story.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-22-2008   #2 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

JC is on a distinguished road

Yes, small towns are great. It is nice to hear they accept you, I know some small towns get paranoid when communes spring up nearby and plan to take over the town; it creates that discomfort of being invaded. I bet the crime is pretty low there too, should be a pretty nice place. The only thing I'd get tired of is the lack of recreation for some things, I'd probably prefer it if I were 20~30 years older than now...

11-22-2008   #3 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, it's nice and quiet here, and we actually have too many cops. Around here when they so much as find a joint on someone they consider that to be a major drug bust and it makes front page news.

11-22-2008   #4 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

i live in i guess a medium size city. i don't have much experience with small towns but what you described seems very nice.

11-22-2008   #5 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special

Yeah, I like it. I have to leave it for college but it's such an ideal small town, everyone here takes care of each other. It's like a town that the current world forgot and I'm glad for it.

Half the town is Mennonites so that pretty much confirms my theory. Yeah, I like it here.

11-24-2008   #6 (permalink)
cheese on a stick

Globalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of lightGlobalastro is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Globalastro Send a message via MSN to Globalastro Send a message via Yahoo to Globalastro Send a message via Skype™ to Globalastro
IGN: Globby (Wonderking)
Class: Wizard lt_mage
Level: 4x
Guild: Prinny doods

i grew up in a small town, lived there and by the time i left, it was over run with developments and not enough room in the school for everyone...

If you stay there, fight to keep it the way it is when they want to start adding more housing developments because nothing ruins a close-knit community like that.

By the time i left, i was happy as hell that i had. Everytime i go to see my family, i die a little more inside because what used to be wide open fields and cow pastures are now stupid rich people who think they own everything there.

(note, by "stupid rich people" i do not mean everyone with money is stupid, but the ones in that area are...)

11-24-2008   #7 (permalink)
[露丹恵瑠]
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Location: Niagara Falls, Canada Ontario [Yeah stalk me OHOHOHO]
Ronin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Ronin
IGN: Show
Level: Your
Guild: Moves

I wanna live there and harvest moon that shit ;o;

11-28-2008   #8 (permalink)
I'll be here, don't worry
Games
Atlantica OnlineAuditionAngels OnlineAika Online
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

LaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to LaTale Send a message via Skype™ to LaTale
IGN: Khamael
Class: Wizard/bard lt_bard
Level: -shrug-
Guild: Ciao
Xfire: amittoletumfuzzy

I live in a island and I've been living here for my whole life. We don't have any fields of crops here, but if you go a little bit further into the village you'll see horses. Someone I knew had sheeps, but that was a long time ago and I don't know if her faimly is still taking care of sheeps.
I lived in a even smaller place for some months when I was little while my mom was sick. Most of the people that live there now is pretty old and the rest use their houses as summer houses. I remember that my grandpa use'd to grow potatos and some strawberrys there. But theres nothing there now, but when I get older, maybe I should try to grow something there.
I would never like to move out to a big city, I've never liked big citys... hueh!

11-28-2008   #9 (permalink)
how i shot gaem?
Games
Trickster Online

Sodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really niceSodacan is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Sodacan Send a message via MSN to Sodacan Send a message via Skype™ to Sodacan

I've lived in a small town area for seventeen years of my life and I don't want to leave. The town I live in, though, is getting corrupted by the city. We have drug busts, fights, and accidents caused by bad driving almost weekly. A few years ago (about 6, I think) there was actually a gun fight at the local high school.

Small towns are great but you have to worry about the water. About 8 years ago there was a lot of heavy rain and it washed cow manure into the drinking water here and a huge number of people got sick with E. coli, including myself. (You can read more about that here.) Every year there's E. coli scares in the small towns in this area.