Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-14-2008   #1 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina
Default Weddings.

So, finally, I'll get married soon with

.../faint, nah

---///

Anyway, just some stuff, what will you do or how will you do to organizes your weddings? Do you like it "BIG" as inviting all the 'VIPs', having it BIG, as 'invested' a lot on your wedding day like catering services, small concerts and such?

Or,

Just prefer it simple, just inviting your friends and family, and have some fun. that's all?

Afterall, it's your most important and special day in your life.

Last edited by Miyuki; 11-14-2008 at 06:54 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-15-2008   #2 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

JC is on a distinguished road

I know I stated I'll never marry. However, if I were to marry, it'd be a small ceremony with a few friends and family on both sides. It being the most important day is why so many making the mistake of sinking tons of money into it for one night that may be a big mistake for your life to make a debt before you even tie the knot >_>
I rather think of my children as the most important day(s) of my life than some wedding.

11-15-2008   #3 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

I'd elope. 8D

Seriously. The whole "let's run away from the world" holds plenty of appeal for me compared to a stiff ceremony.

11-15-2008   #4 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
I'd elope. 8D

Seriously. The whole "let's run away from the world" holds plenty of appeal for me compared to a stiff ceremony.
I applaud you; you wouldn't go the pure attention ***** route. You'd save tons of money in the process too, the only thing you won't get, is delicious cake.

11-15-2008   #5 (permalink)
<3 Adun~

Gati is on a distinguished road

I want a small private wedding with close friends and family only. I want something beautiful yet simple. Doesn't have to cost much at all... I don't want to marry in a church either, I want it to be outside during night time, with only candles lightening everything up...

Last edited by Gati; 11-15-2008 at 01:18 PM.

11-15-2008   #6 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
I applaud you; you wouldn't go the pure attention ***** route. You'd save tons of money in the process too, the only thing you won't get, is delicious cake.
It won't save me money if I drag my hunny to Paris. We can have our cake in a quaint little patisserie with a nice bottle of wine.

Somehow I find that other people and a ceremony takes away from the romance.

11-15-2008   #7 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

Quote:
It won't save me money if I drag my hunny to Paris. We can have our cake in a quaint little patisserie with a nice bottle of wine.

A trip to Paris is surprisingly much cheaper than a small wedding.

11-15-2008   #8 (permalink)
<3 Adun~

Gati is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Agreed, it does take away from it.
I would rather spend more money on a romantic honeymoon, Prague or Paris would be ideal destinations.

11-15-2008   #9 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

A private ceremony, with parents and close friends and without a religious backdrop. And then we'd escape away to some exotic Carribean island and soak in the sun, sea, stars, and waterfalls.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

11-15-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

I had a decent size wedding. Hubby and I invited our friends and family but it was in my hometown so of course not everyone can come. The chapel we had the wedding in was small but very very cute with stained glass and an outdoor gazebo. Plus a white event tent we rented.
We did the whole typical wedding I suppose, wedding dress, dinner, cocktails, photographer, dj, cake, limo, flowers, etc.
Some ways IMO to save money are- Don't tell the baker it's a wedding cake, in fact don't tell anyone it's a wedding before getting the price cause wedding keyword makes everything go up in price. If you don't mind it, get cupcakes instead of a wedding cake - We bought two small layers of "cake" one for us to cut for photos and the other because people insisted you are supposed to freeze the top and have it on your first anniversary (note: we ate it the next week) - the rest we had cupcakes, it was pretty cheap for a wedding cake / cupcakes that feeds 200+ it was $150 from a local baker.
Photographers have to be one of the most ridiculously expensive parts of a wedding. Ours was "cheap" costing "only" $1k with full rights and copies to our photos- be careful about this because some photographers require you and your family buy photos from them and that you can't use them in your own works later, etc etc. We wanted full rights to our photos right away (some make you wait a year if ever) so we paid extra for it. It was great cause we were able to make a "blurb" book with our photos and send it to our parents/grandparents/siblings.
Make sure when buying flowers that you -do- tell them it's for a wedding and ask to speak with their wedding consultant. They -should- tell you how to save money by substituting some of your flowers for flowers that look like it but are cheaper/last longer. I wanted green orchids for my wedding and white roses and tons of fresh rose petals. It was amazing, we had toooooooons of flowers - it cost around ~$1500 for all the flowers (table pieces, petals, head pieces for flower girls, bouquets, boutonnieres, center piece, altar, memorial, tables, etc etc ) Well worth it imo and many of the flowers lasted for weeks (orchids last well cut).

Also another way to save money is to buy discount dresses in the factory size. If you can find a dress that fits you at the store that means you won't need to get it altered. Often times stores only have displays in the default size so girls can see how they would look then they order it from the factory and customize it to fit your size, but if you don't need the customization or a smaller/larger size then you can get it straight from the factory with no alterations and save a buttload. I really wanted a maggie sottero dress but they are normally 1.5k+ however I found one in a nice little shop for $500 You can also resell them afterwards if you don't believe in hoarding
mm, I dunno, some people consider fancy weddings a waste of money but as long as you do it within your budget and enjoy yourself fully then I say why not? We only live once and hopefully only get married once, so why not go all out? I had a blast designing my wedding day, i even made my own table centerpieces and invites. and it's a great memory to look back on. :3 Our wedding day was perfect, it's a great way to start a new life together~ :3

Kitty Empire Forever

11-15-2008   #11 (permalink)
Take it easy!
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

I always wanted a smaller one... money and love shouldn't mix, it's not about how expensive things are, but people like to make it about that all too often.

"HOW MUCH MONEY YOU SPEND IS HOW MUCH YOU LOVE THEM". etc.

But if you are only buying your lover gifts from the dollar store, you're a cheap ass.

11-15-2008   #12 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

o:

I want a small ceremony with a few friends and family on both sides. I still want to wear a wedding dress, but I don't need it to be hella expensive. I want good food though. 8)

Last edited by Yume; 11-15-2008 at 02:41 PM.

11-15-2008   #13 (permalink)
VIP

VorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond reputeVorpalBunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume
I want good food though. 8)
One of the reasons why I never miss a Chinese wedding. 8-12 course meal 8D

11-15-2008   #14 (permalink)
I'll be here, don't worry
Games
Atlantica OnlineAuditionAngels OnlineAika Online
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

LaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to beholdLaTale is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to LaTale Send a message via Skype™ to LaTale
IGN: Khamael
Class: Wizard/bard lt_bard
Level: -shrug-
Guild: Ciao
Xfire: amittoletumfuzzy

I want my wedding to be simple, Friend and family from boths sides. I want it to be in the church in the town I grew up in. No alcohol on the dinner. >:]

11-16-2008   #15 (permalink)
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

uhhhh weddings are boring. lol

11-16-2008   #16 (permalink)
Designer

Location: In the Long Ago, when Things were Otherwise and the Moon was Different
Ryugen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryugen
Class: Non-existant lt_treasurehunter
Level: <3

I admit I don't think a wedding is something I want or need. I feel like they're things that young girls want to cement their relationship, pfft, as if a piece of paper and ring was some guarantee of eternity. I'd rather just be comfortable with who I'm with and be certain of the reasons I'm with them.

I think marriage is a bit excessive of a guarantee to your partner that you'll be around forever, and with the amount of divorces there are these days, maybe a marriage is doomed to fail?

11-16-2008   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, seems most people have a very negative view of weddings.
To me, money is just money- Your wedding day is a day of ultimate celebration where your family and friends gather to rejoice in your union. I do not see why spending a decent amount to have a great celebration is necessarily a bad thing. Is money so precious that you can not spend it to rejoice about the love of your life?

Kitty Empire Forever

11-17-2008   #18 (permalink)
Take it easy!
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

I would agree with that, but money is hard to come by nowadays and the economy makes loans a bad idea. Maybe in a few years down the road when I'm ready.

11-17-2008   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special

Well yes of course, i don't think you should spend beyond your means or go into debt over a wedding. x.x
damn recession.

Kitty Empire Forever