Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-06-2008   #1 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Belphybear
IGN: Will Smith
Class: Will Smith
Guild: Will Smith
Default 3 Questions on Love

1) How do you know it's love?
2) How do you get the person to know that you love him/her?
3) If the person follows another religion, is it a problem?

I'm getting bad feeling about posting this right now........

.....but what the hell. *clicks "Submit New Thread".

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-06-2008   #2 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalePerfect WorldRunescape
Awards Retired Division Head

Bob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to behold

1. You can just tell when you do love someone. It`s not very describable though. You always want their well-being and safety first. You always want them to be there. Seeing them makes you happy and warm .

2. Tell them.

3. It could be.

11-06-2008   #3 (permalink)
Go Canada!

Zephy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zephy
IGN: Zephy
Guild: My Harem, [JW]

1. Love happens. When the time comes, you will know.
2. Same response as Bob.
3. Usually is but, of course there are exceptions. You just need mutual understanding with one another.

Thanks to Shnao for the siggy and avatar

11-06-2008   #4 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Belphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the roughBelphybear is a jewel in the rough

I forgot to add something to number 3; if the person's parents objected, what is the best thing to do?

11-06-2008   #5 (permalink)
Bob
I am Bob.
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TalePerfect WorldRunescape
Awards Retired Division Head

Bob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to beholdBob is a splendid one to behold

You have to know the reason they object first. Depending on that reason, you either listen to them or you hide it from them. If the reason is because your significant other is a different race and your parents are racist, ignore it and hide it from them.

11-06-2008   #6 (permalink)
<3 Adun~

Gati is on a distinguished road

1. You will know it, if you find yourself questioning if it's love then it probably isn't.

2. Be truthful about it, I know that it's hard but it's better to take your chances with it than to just live on wondering... "what if"...

3. If you really love each other then religion shouldn't matter, it will make things harder but you should be able to compromise for each other, this is something that all couples have to do in one way or another. Don't let religion get in the way of your love...

It's nice to have your family's approval but if they can't give this then you need to choose your own way. You can't shape your life after them, you need to make your own decisions. They don't always know what's right for you. Fight for your love, don't let your parents sabotage it for you, you could be making the biggest mistake in your life if you let your love go because of them...

Best advice I can give you though is to just listen to your heart...

11-06-2008   #7 (permalink)
nii
/gg FTW! Addict
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

nii is on a distinguished road
IGN: xWitch
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dismas
I forgot to add something to number 3; if the person's parents objected, what is the best thing to do?
If you really love her/him don't matter what person's parents objects, just love her/him and show it but never forget, make it TRUE, never say I love you if you don't.

/gallery . /wiki . /#mymmo . /gfxsection.................................................. .................
xWitch - Level 230 - Dark Witch . Nayami - Level 41 - Eir. Niwa - Level 56 - Lire..........................

11-07-2008   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

hibikitokai19 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to hibikitokai19

Quote:

I'm getting bad feeling about posting this right now........

.....but what the hell. *clicks "Submit New Thread".
1. if you still like her after 5 years, then it's love.
2. say it to her/him. action speaks louder than word but if you're all action and no talk, i doubt they will know.
3. kind of. different teaching may cause argument and headaches.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

11-07-2008   #9 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

JC is on a distinguished road

Reiterate what bob said for the first two.

#3 is tricky; it varies on the person his/herself.

You need to get to know the person in order to ascertain yourself. You can try to practice their faith with them once a while, but it depends on what they know about you (if you practice another faith or not). Some demand conversion, some don't care and more accepting.

For parents objection, I think it'd matter more if you are younger. At some point, it shouldn't affect it, but sometimes parents just have this "perfect person" for their child and can't accept the fact if they can be happy without their desired religion.

Religious lovers can be a headache for many things, but general stuff typically is. You can compromise or get over those problems though, depends on will power.

Be prepared to be separated on certain issues though, like charities, abortion, marriage, homosexuality, etc.

11-07-2008   #10 (permalink)
TENGO TENGE!!!!!

DarkManticore is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkManticore Send a message via MSN to DarkManticore
IGN: darkmanticore
Class: Cyber Hunter to_inventor
Level: 252/270
Guild: Guildless Wanderer

Answers in Blue
Quote:
Well, my theory behind it is if whenever you see that all you want to be with that person, see that person thrive and succeed, and ultimately you want to see her or him happy EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT WITH YOUThen I believe you are in love.
The best way to do it is honestly to tell her or him. That way your actions won't be in vain because if you are a guy then you have that sad chance of your actions being misinterpreted and you being placed in that dreaded "friends zone" and thats not a fun place to be when you love the person.
Personally, I believe its all on the couple you have to talk amongst yourselves and figure out the limits of both of your religion psyches and tolerances and if they mesh together then you decide whether to persue. On the subject of the family's approval I am big on family and I want my family to approve my love and I want her family to approve of me but sometimes that not always in the cards for everyone so I would follow your heart but it is wise to know the reasoning behind the disapproval as well you never know what you may learn.

Hope this helps.

Thank You Zekii <3333333

11-08-2008   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Xubis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xubis Send a message via MSN to Xubis

I think you've gotten some good answers for #1 and #2, which are pretty much just how it is.

I'll try to help for #3.

As somebody who grew up with religion as a big part of my life, I believe that the contrast in religion could very well be a bad thing. A few of the harshest religions, in my opinion, for this problem would be Christianity, Islam, Zoroastrianism, etc. that have to do with the afterlife and having to believe in certain things to get into another "afterlife." This is because your feelings will cause sadness if you make it into that "heaven/nirvana/enlightenment." and your significant other does not.

So the religions that you and your other believe in could play a very big role in how things work out. The other thing is that if your core beliefs and morals are different from theirs based on your religion. [Moral-Based religion vs. Atheism for example]

Hope this helps. :x

11-09-2008   #12 (permalink)
~~OBEY OBEY OBEY~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob
1. You can just tell when you do love someone. It`s not very describable though. You always want their well-being and safety first. You always want them to be there. Seeing them makes you happy and warm .
This is probably how I feel strongly about her, but I've only know her for 2 months. So I have a strong feeling that this isn't love.

11-09-2008   #13 (permalink)
1)(verb) - to fail.
Awards SotW Beginner

Sephie will become famous soon enough
IGN: Flanoir
Class: Dacy

...Read this maybe?
If you feel differently with them than others, like happier or more flustered I guess? I don't really know o-o

Tell them in some way (Best and hardest would be to tell them face to face. Don't rely on others to tell them since they might not take it seriously o-o)

Depends on the religion. Some are strict with love, but if you find yourself really loving them then you might change, which will be a way to show your love too, I guess. But if something screws up then uh..
If their parents objected, the best course of action... To me would be persistence o_o; Find why their parents object, and do your best to prove yourself or make it better.
I'm not the most religious person in the world so I wouldn't really know.

Lunia Content Manager

11-16-2008   #14 (permalink)
Designer

Location: In the Long Ago, when Things were Otherwise and the Moon was Different
Ryugen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryugen
Class: Non-existant lt_treasurehunter
Level: <3

Quote:
1. Complete and utter obsession is the (short) dictionary definition of love. I suppose that's what you'd call "true love". When you can't sleep without being with them, when you feel empty when they're not around, when you cannot be any happier than you are with them, when you put them before anything else you have to do... I suppose. However that sort of love/obsession is very dangerous :/

2. Aparently there are 5 different "love languages", although I can only remember 4 of them; gift giving, service (doing things for them), touch, and praise (words). So I suppose the best way to show that you love them is to find out which ones they use to show they love someone (aka you), and communicate your love to them primarily through that way (everyone has a primary and secondary though), although everyone still needs signs of love in all five.

3. Things like religion, political opinion, opinion on the way the universe was created, etc etc. can very well be potential argument subjects in a relationship. It all depends on how strong the persons views are and how far apart your beliefs are.