LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-25-2008   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Leenalia has a spectacular aura aboutLeenalia has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Viola
Class: Rena to_librarian
Level: 60
Guild: PrinnyMages

Usually a phobia is a SERIOUS fear/hatred. That when exposed to it you hyperventilate, feel sick or feel like fainting.

I have fears and dislikes about many things but most aren't phobias even if I'm scared or flinch. I have three main phobias that it really effects my life or health at the moment:

Pyrophobia - Although I've gotten abit better (I no longer think Ovens are going to explode on me), I still have a fear of Fire. Small fires don't scare me but big ones above my height scares the shit out of me. I have to close my eyes when I go to the movies and see big explosions too often. My heart races badly.

Ecclesiophobia - I have a major fear of ANY churches (mostly Christian churches). I noticed this when I had the fight or flight symptom when I went to a church to hear my brother sing the worship songs. I felt so sick to my stomach, I think I got abit paranoid. I swear I think I'm hypersensitive to "auras" so when I go to church I keep on thinking that the people's "auras" when they worship or do gospel HURTS me like hell. I almost threw up and fainted when I was there, needless to say I was still sick 5 hours later. I've gone back to church several times to confirm my phobia and I still get really sick/faint.

Rhabdophobia - one of the meaning is fear of sticks. That's not my fear, the other meaning to this phobia is fear of punishment. I blame this one on my father, and anyone who physically beat me up or abused me when they got angry in my life. Yes, I got traumatized...now everytime I hear someone raising their voices to yell at me or repeat themselves (whichever), I start to cry. I hyperventilate, start shaking like a leaf, and my face turns pale when I see someone annoyed, angry, sad, pissed off, or disappointed in me. If someone verbally puts me down, I automatically start crying and just "shut myself" down. If someone physically touches me when angry, sure I'll fight back but the next day and the day after I'd avoid them like the plague even if they apologized for their temper. Alot of people mistake this as me being super-sensitive (hence the crying and being scared) but it's not. It's just that I feel traumatized again, basically whenever someone is mean to me like that I remember what happened in the past and I get scared and think that person is like my dad/classmates/teachers that abused me in the past. I'm trying hard to get over this because I hate feeling scared of my fiance everytime we have an argument. I've broken up with him several times after an argument because I get scared of him and think that that one outburst of anger and his words when he's angry is what he thinks of me and that is how he is going to be forever. Ugh, it's complicated. I even get nightmares over this T_T;;

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-25-2008   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ashie Send a message via MSN to Ashie Send a message via Yahoo to Ashie Send a message via Skype™ to Ashie
IGN: Lynxz,LynChan,MeekaBearz
Class: Fat Emu Sheep / Fat Emu Kittehs to_schoolgirl
Level: 15x,20x,6x
Guild: Midnight

-Huggles Ameh-

Dun worry I have a fear of WATER, Not like bath or pool water but Lakes,creeks,rivers...Ponds..THE OCEAN.

I can't sleep with my closet door open.

I have a fear or Grasshoppers and Cave Crickets.

I can't sleep in my room when its pitch black because my house is haunted >< Which Efn fails. ( This is NO joke! My sisters have seen things and So have I)

I won't shake people's right hand because people use their right hands for GOD KNOWS WHAT! ( Just went to the restroom...fapping..Not washing their hands..You get the idea.)

I have a fear of people touching me and If anyone I don't know touches my hair, I go home cut it off an wash it >_> The last two are more like a OCD thing I suppose ._.

06-25-2008   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Leenalia has a spectacular aura aboutLeenalia has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Viola
Class: Rena to_librarian
Level: 60
Guild: PrinnyMages

Is that why your hair is also so short? Also, what about people that are lefthanded?

06-25-2008   #24 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Khmer2k1d5

I have phobias or having a kid, some girl said she was pregnant and I fainted @_@;; My kid Q___Q

Lol, I also have a deep fear of dark water @_@;; Can't go in it...

06-25-2008   #25 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

JC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmer2k1d5
I have phobias or having a kid, some girl said she was pregnant and I fainted @_@;; My kid Q___Q
That's not a real phobia. A phobia is more or less non-abstract in its format than a concept like having a kid. That's just called being a wuss.

06-25-2008   #26 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Khmer2k1d5

Wuss I am! I'm only 16 @_@;;

Lol, is the dark water fear a phobia @_@:

06-25-2008   #27 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmer2k1d5
Wuss I am! I'm only 16 @_@;;

Lol, is the dark water fear a phobia @_@:
Yes it is. Although, I'd argue you're more afraid of the marine life it hides than the water just being dark.

Leenalia, I'm amazed you hold a job from having Rhabdophobia. I guess it qualifies you as a disability and you can't get fired from it?

06-25-2008   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Ashie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to allAshie is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ashie Send a message via MSN to Ashie Send a message via Yahoo to Ashie Send a message via Skype™ to Ashie

Lol Yeah My dad used to grab me up by it alot to fuss at me so I cut it off then, I got really OCD about people touching it.So for a long time my hair never touched my shoulders. But right now its almost to my butt. If I don't dye it the way I want Imma chop it off an Donate to Locks Of Love.

Lol If someone's left handed I can tell by which hand they extend to me so I auto grab the other hand and smile. Which makes people think I'm very odd ._.

06-25-2008   #29 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
Lol Yeah My dad used to grab me up by it alot to fuss at me so I cut it off then, I got really OCD about people touching it.So for a long time my hair never touched my shoulders. But right now its almost to my butt. If I don't dye it the way I want Imma chop it off an Donate to Locks Of Love.

Lol If someone's left handed I can tell by which hand they extend to me so I auto grab the other hand and smile. Which makes people think I'm very odd ._.
What do you do if they have no arms? shake the opposite foot?

06-25-2008   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

I bow JC..I Bow =3

06-25-2008   #31 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
I bow JC..I Bow =3
Don't some places consider bowing to be rude?

06-25-2008   #32 (permalink)
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all

I have social phobia, except when I'm drunk or on other intoxicants

06-25-2008   #33 (permalink)
Go Canada!

Zephy will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Zephy
IGN: Zephy
Guild: My Harem, [JW]

Because of my childhood experince, I have a fear of fire.

I can't even light a match properly. >.>

Thanks to Shnao for the siggy and avatar

06-26-2008   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Well I dun do a full body bow, but I bow my head O_o If its rude oh well Better than me hugging them D<

06-26-2008   #35 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Aleeex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Aleeex
IGN: Aleeex
Class: Mage/Gunner lt_gunslinger
Level: 20
Guild: AkatSuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenalia
Pyrophobia - Although I've gotten abit better (I no longer think Ovens are going to explode on me), I still have a fear of Fire. Small fires don't scare me but big ones above my height scares the shit out of me. I have to close my eyes when I go to the movies and see big explosions too often. My heart races badly.
I am glad that I do not have that phobia... I have pyromanic friends that like BIG fires...

Most of the time, the flames lick the treetops when we light a fire outside...

they use Gasoline and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenalia
Rhabdophobia - one of the meaning is fear of sticks. That's not my fear, the other meaning to this phobia is fear of punishment. I blame this one on my father, and anyone who physically beat me up or abused me when they got angry in my life. Yes, I got traumatized...now everytime I hear someone raising their voices to yell at me or repeat themselves (whichever), I start to cry. I hyperventilate, start shaking like a leaf, and my face turns pale when I see someone annoyed, angry, sad, pissed off, or disappointed in me. If someone verbally puts me down, I automatically start crying and just "shut myself" down. If someone physically touches me when angry, sure I'll fight back but the next day and the day after I'd avoid them like the plague even if they apologized for their temper. Alot of people mistake this as me being super-sensitive (hence the crying and being scared) but it's not. It's just that I feel traumatized again, basically whenever someone is mean to me like that I remember what happened in the past and I get scared and think that person is like my dad/classmates/teachers that abused me in the past. I'm trying hard to get over this because I hate feeling scared of my fiance everytime we have an argument. I've broken up with him several times after an argument because I get scared of him and think that that one outburst of anger and his words when he's angry is what he thinks of me and that is how he is going to be forever. Ugh, it's complicated. I even get nightmares over this T_T;;
aww... [holds Leenalia close]
I would never raise my voice towards you... neither be mean to you...
[kisses Leenalia] It is ok... You will get over it sooner or later...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My phobias...

all I have that is diagnosed (have a name and description) is Mild Aquaphobia.
I CANNOT have my nose underwater w/out holding it shut...

If I am not, then I freak out and 9/10 times I give up breething, all kinds of movements and sink to the bottom... (Some have actually thought that I had died)

Leenalia (sorry that you accidentally became a male )

Other creatures

Currently halting all attempts at raising more dragons due to full quota of dead hatchlings
(Already have more than 10 dead'uns, don't want more)

Focusing on keeping my sanity.
Insanity progress paused at four "me"

06-26-2008   #36 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn

I won't shake people's right hand because people use their right hands for GOD KNOWS WHAT! ( Just went to the restroom...fapping..Not washing their hands..You get the idea.)
I wash my hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
I have a fear of people touching me and If anyone I don't know touches my hair, I go home cut it off an wash it >_>
What if someone tried messing up your hair for fun :x
People do that to me ._.

WILL YOU GO BALD??

06-26-2008   #37 (permalink)
is back. 4nao .

Rwinna is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rwinna Send a message via MSN to Rwinna
IGN: Rwinna x 2
Class: Fox / Explorer to_thiefmaster
Level: 1xx / 3x
Guild: Einharjars / Corruption

I fear sharp knives. X___X I can't go near them. Shocking, right? My parents/sister do/does everything involving knives for me, like cutting apples, etc.

I also fear darkness and can't sleep without my girly, little, pink light-filtering lamp.
T - T

"I love j0000~ . . .wait. Hello? Are you there? Helloooo?"
"...*snickers on the other end*...*hangs up*"
Why so mean? ;~;

06-26-2008   #38 (permalink)
Time Breaker

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

I have a phobia to bugs (insects, arachnids, millipedes, centipedes etc.) and the only bug I'm not afraid of is butterfly but I'm also afraid of caterpillars. Bugs are just simply creepy. I don't like the fact that insects cover about 53% of the all the organisms in the world(yes they are that diverse and successful in life!).

I also have a slight altophobia (fear of heights), I'm trying to get that one over with so it might not be on me for long.

Last edited by Bolter; 06-26-2008 at 03:10 AM.

06-26-2008   #39 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineRappelzRakion: Chaos ForceRising Force Online

Pandaccoon will become famous soon enoughPandaccoon will become famous soon enough
IGN: Gedachtnis

I think mine is not a phobia but more of severe irritation and fear of *flying* cockroaches. Whenever I imagine one, I get uuhhhhh >.< this weird feeling like there's something crawling under my skin. I hate it when I see a cockroach pretty high up on the wall especially when they're twitching their wings. Thats why when we bug spray the house, I completely cover myself up in my blanket even though its friggin hot because of those cockroaches ._. I'm cool with spiders though.

06-26-2008   #40 (permalink)
shotgun opera lock'n load
Special
Games
FiestaTrickster OnlineTransformice!King of Kings III
Awards Event WinnerSotW Professional

moffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond reputemoffit has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Heyou

Ever try to sleep but can't unless you can get comfortable without any part of you whatsoever hanging off the bed, because of an irrational fear whatever is hanging off the bed will get chopped off? x.X