MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Off Topic > Life & Relationships

Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-17-2008   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina
Default Suicides?

Refer to my other previous thread, located @ General Discussions. Where its about increasing suicidal rates among teenagers, and also working adults. @
Increased suicidal rates - MyTrickster.net

Ok, now its the same related topic, but different approach.

---///

So, this topic is about you, yes, yourself, or even your known family members, friends or just someone you know or you heard from.

Do you ever think about, get yourself ...into suicide? Do you ever like..."fantasize" about suicides or something? And why?

And also, do you encounter any friends or person that you know off, trying to suicide?

Yes, as people says that suicide is the only coward's way to get out from trouble, but, still, why some people are still doing it?

Lol, if you're asking me? Do you ever think about suicide, and how?

Yes, I do, but I don't do it [as now]. How? Refer to Misaka Shiori from Kanon.

---///

So, your views and experiences?

Original links @ Suicides? - MyTrickster.net

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-17-2008   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Yakuza53 is an unknown quantity at this point
IGN: Zach
Class: The Best lt_bard
Level: The max level, son.
Guild: Real Talk

suicide is you're way of saying "F YOU" to your god unless you're atheist then you're just eehhh

06-17-2008   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Kaboria is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kaboria Send a message via MSN to Kaboria Send a message via Yahoo to Kaboria
IGN: Drecq
Class: Werebeast
Level: 61
Guild: mystic

As someone that has attempted suicide twice and failed both times (obviously right? lol) i can tell you from experience that life aint that bad to take your own life. I tried the first time by knife and slicing my wrist cause i thought the world was too cruel to me...yes if you want to say i was an emo kid i was then i guess, i then tried a second time with a cord around my throat due to the tensions between myself and friends and family members over my ex fiance (see post in Marriage thread for details).

After both attempts i went to therapy for a bit and that was worse then the depression in all honestly i mean this woman was a quack in her field. But after that I came to a conclusion and that was that i would never try a third time, because something i am not is a person that fails a lot and to fail a third time was unacceptable. Saying that though im not looking to do it a third time life would have to be literally almost over for me to say i should end it. I have to many people i care about to try suicide again.

I have even spoken to small groups of people about it and people online about it to help them through it as well, Suicide is a growing killer of teens and young adults and the more people like myself and others are willing to share their experience and talk to others about it and help them through it the less likely there will be another Suicide victim.

06-17-2008   #4 (permalink)
TMM
by Frank Zappa
Awards Retired Forum Operations Staff

TMM will become famous soon enoughTMM will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to TMM Send a message via MSN to TMM

I have never attempted suicide nor have entertained the thought. I don't think I ever will. I was raised as an atheist, so I see life as the most precious thing in the universe. We only have one life and we must live it to the fullest. If people are bent on offing themselves then I guess that's their choice, but I will never consider suicide a viable escape.

06-17-2008   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Aleeex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Aleeex
IGN: Aleeex
Class: Mage/Gunner lt_gunslinger
Level: 20
Guild: AkatSuki

I have been considering Suicide since I was around 10... but I was too much of an coward...

Now I have found the only thing that motivates me to live on, my gf ^^

and here in Sweden, for not so long ago (I think half a year or something) we had an Suicide wave...
One person jumped in front of an train to commit suicide, she even stated that in her Blog so... (Beforehand of cource)
Then we had 8 kids in 2 days who also did that "because she Dared to do it"...
and then I do not know how many that lept... but it was at least 25 kids...

The hard part of it was that my friend lost 4 persons that way...
First his gf lept, dunno why...
Then 3 of his best friends also lept "because that they could not live without her"...
He also almost lept, but decided not to...

When I commit suicide, if I do, I will blow myself up on the scoolyard...
the plan is; Noone will get hurt, and I will try to make it that way...

Leenalia (sorry that you accidentally became a male )

Other creatures

Currently halting all attempts at raising more dragons due to full quota of dead hatchlings
(Already have more than 10 dead'uns, don't want more)

Focusing on keeping my sanity.
Insanity progress paused at four "me"

06-17-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Send a message via AIM to Kaboria Send a message via MSN to Kaboria Send a message via Yahoo to Kaboria

yeah suicide is not the answer and i dont think religion plays as major of a role as some believe honestly religion is the last thing on your mind before you use the weapon of choice. For me i am a Pagan a decedent of the Germanic Nordic pagans some will say a "Traditional" Wiccan but i prefer to be more "New Age" Wiccan lol. And my spiritual believe didnt effect me at that time so.

06-18-2008   #7 (permalink)
Don't touch 8|
Awards Retired Content StaffRetired Content Staff

Sheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the roughSheep is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Flarina/Lunata
Class: SHEEP/ ???? to_soulmaster
Level: 142/5xx
Guild: SOLOMODO/Wish
Xfire: !!! D8

To some people it's the ultimate sacrifice, to others it's an act of honor, and to others it's a easy way to escape the hardships of life.

Some may argue that he was weak so he should die, others argue that a precious life has been taken away.

In all, suicide questioning life in general. I mean it's a death, but by ones own hands. We can't necessarily say it's good or bad if we don't know the person's life, and we can not truly say it's a cowards way out of if we do not truly know how he or she lives.

(grammar checks)

06-18-2008   #8 (permalink)
~Endless Witch~

Beato will become famous soon enoughBeato will become famous soon enough
IGN: Beato
Class: Witch
Level: 40
Guild: Moogles

Just last week, my friend slit his wrist at school.
First, he was writing "die" all over his papers again and again.
He took our other friend's mini knife and just did it in one swipe.
While he was bleeding, he's just smiling and trying to smirk it off as a "no big deal."
I instantly told the teacher.
We (me and his other friend) are still ticked/scared at him for doing that.

I have no comprehension of what was going on with him, since he's usually the really joking and nice type of person.

There was this other time in March...
I wanted to go to the mall with my friend, so my dad dropped us off in front of this tall phone company building right near the church.
It's our usual drop-off/pick-up point.
My friend and I went to the movies.
Now when my dad comes to pick us up, he finds that the roads near the phone company building are blocked.
My dad asks a nearby pedestrian about what happened and the pedestrian says that there was a shooting.
At this point, my dad is like ... ballistic/emotional and worried like completely over our lives.
He tried to call my cell, but my cell already ran out of power.
So he finds an alternative way to the church and parks in there, waiting.
After the movie is done, we go to where my dad dropped us off and we find that where we were dropped off, the entire sidewalk has been scrubbed.
My dad pulls up and picks us up and tells us about what happened.
It turns out that there was no shooting,
a guy committed suicide off the building and fell right where my dad dropped us off.
The scrubbing has to get rid of the blood on the sidewalk.

Suicide is just ... weird... and wrong.

06-18-2008   #9 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

JC is on a distinguished road

In my opinion, everyone has gone through a moment where they wonder what would happen if they suicided and how things would continue or end if they ended their own life.
I believe any normal person has considered suicide an option. There are just moments in life that you'd hate so much you'd think about it. Actually going through it is something of itself.
In my opinion, suicide is selfish, as you escape and harm others around you as a result. Family friends and people who knew you are affected by the suicide so you were selfish to escape from your problems.
I think suicide rates get higher as one ages, since some people find their life meaningless as they age and people forget about them or live their own lives and feel they can't do things as they age.

Some people consider euthanasia to be suicide since they make the choice to end their life to end their suffering, which is why I hate the discussion of religion brought into things like this as the ultimate "write-off" to a discussion.
Or as Aleex has said, "cowardice" may bring some to have euthanasia done to them out of the incapability to end their life.

I don't think there's just one sole reason why someone commits suicide; I don't look at it as something someone chooses just to fit one thing, they make it for balancing and weighing what "ifs" they do it. What's apparent is that some people commit suicide to make debts vanish for their loved ones or to gain life insurance funds for their loved ones because they are worth more dead than alive.

At some of these moments, is there ever really a "right" answer? I think the best you can do is try to convince the person it is better to live and how they'll affect those around them that care for them than just saying "its wrong" Some people just simply can't be helped in their mind and choose to end it.

Suicide is a complex issue and many will just paint it as a black and white scenario.
There's more to it than just hearing/reading about it, try experiencing the scariness of what a person thinks when placed in it. Some people are probably just screwed in the head, but its impossible to know how each person is and how they'd react if things hit them.

06-18-2008   #10 (permalink)
Just another Asian.

Khmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enoughKhmer2k1d5 will become famous soon enough
IGN: Khmer2k1d5

Meh, I'm too much of a daredevil to suicide. Life threatening events and lifelosing are different.

06-18-2008   #11 (permalink)
On the Radio
Special
Games
MapleStoryAudition 2PangyaTrickster Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Junior

Kebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond reputeKebin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kebin Send a message via Skype™ to Kebin
IGN: Kevin
Class: (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ lt_bard
Level: 19
Guild: (◕‿◕✿)

I've thought about doing an action to kill myself at times. I think about how it would change the people I know and the people I wanted to know. I want to know if there is a "beyond" sometimes I really WANT to know if there really is a beyond D=

I find that death is a curious and sad time. The fact that you'll never see them.. you'll never know them better, but you want to know.. what is gonna happen now? What will happen to them, me, you, and the rest of the world?

In my opinion, every death changes the world, weather it be 1 second of difference or a revolution worthy of difference. These questions make me thing, what would happen if I die and sometimes I really feel curious about what would happen if I die. I think about the fact that if I kill myself there would be no stress or anything, so sometimes I think about the plus of that.

It's not like I will do it, just thought to myself what it would be like.. hard question~

06-19-2008   #12 (permalink)
JC
イロイロ

JC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKakashi
I've thought about doing an action to kill myself at times. I think about how it would change the people I know and the people I wanted to know. I want to know if there is a "beyond" sometimes I really WANT to know if there really is a beyond D=

I find that death is a curious and sad time. The fact that you'll never see them.. you'll never know them better, but you want to know.. what is gonna happen now? What will happen to them, me, you, and the rest of the world?

In my opinion, every death changes the world, weather it be 1 second of difference or a revolution worthy of difference. These questions make me thing, what would happen if I die and sometimes I really feel curious about what would happen if I die. I think about the fact that if I kill myself there would be no stress or anything, so sometimes I think about the plus of that.

It's not like I will do it, just thought to myself what it would be like.. hard question~
Impossible to know if there's a beyond to that point. Some people look forward to death for their belief in metempsychosis or the "afterlife" that supposedly one gets for their spiritual side.
Typically, the death of many happens each second, and most people don't notice it or realize it unless they were in contact with people constantly that those people were accustomed to said person.
If you visit friends/family often or they know you well enough, then you can be certain that those people will be affected in a negative light that they'll be depressed to an extent for an unknown amount of time. However, things move on and you'll likely just become a memory at some point. People naturally can't let a death of a person drag them down indefinitely, they get over the death of a loved one or relative. If they don't the result usually becomes their own death from unwilling to continue living if affected that greatly.

06-19-2008   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Aleeex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Aleeex
IGN: Aleeex
Class: Mage/Gunner lt_gunslinger
Level: 20
Guild: AkatSuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKakashi
I think about how it would change the people I know and the people I wanted to know. I want to know if there is a "beyond". Sometimes I really WANT to know if there really is a beyond D=

I have thought similarly with what s/he said... I just wanted to see if there actually WAS a beyond and if I could haunt my bullies

I have already found out who would be sad IF I killed myself
  • Mom and Dad (it is their job :P)
  • Sis (half heartly, she has wanted me dead many times)
  • Friends (3 of them)
  • close friends (Megan, Monica and Fanny)
that is all... not so much...
still, I was too scared to do it... "what would happen if it failed, I would NEVER get another chance"...

Leenalia (sorry that you accidentally became a male )

Other creatures

Currently halting all attempts at raising more dragons due to full quota of dead hatchlings
(Already have more than 10 dead'uns, don't want more)

Focusing on keeping my sanity.
Insanity progress paused at four "me"

06-20-2008   #14 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

A rather morbid topic and some disturbing replies. But for the most part I agree with what JC has said. Of course, in my twisted mind I have thought about it, conjured plans to do it, and thought about the supposed aftermath. Anyway it was just pure speculation, never in any seriousness whatsoever- there isn't anything going on in my life that's so tragic that it would compel me to off myself.

That aside though, I've always speculated about what happens after death. I consider myself an agnostic, so no belief in any afterlife. for the most part.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

06-20-2008   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Eh, there are better things in life that keeps me here now, i couldnt try suicide again and i tell alot of people that its not all its hyped up to be. Ive lost one friend to an OD on suicide cause she couldnt handle the loss of her father in a wreck. I think that hit pretty close to home to me cause as someone that came close to doing that himself its just one of those things you step back and go "that could have been me" and it really puts things in perspective.

Im a Traditionalist Nordic Pagan with New Age concepts (also referred by some as a New Age Nordic) so i dont believe in an after life either, i believe in reincarnation so *shrugs*.

06-20-2008   #16 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

I've never thought of suicide, but I've always thought about what would happen to those who knew me after I died. How would people deal with the fact I'm not there, what would happen when I (as a crutch to some of my friends) am no longer there.
Then I think about all the stuff I could've done if I hadn't died. After the first time I thought of that, I never crossed the notion of suicide -- ever.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

06-21-2008   #17 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
I've never thought of suicide, but I've always thought about what would happen to those who knew me after I died. How would people deal with the fact I'm not there, what would happen when I (as a crutch to some of my friends) am no longer there.
Then I think about all the stuff I could've done if I hadn't died. After the first time I thought of that, I never crossed the notion of suicide -- ever.
Amen to this one *thumbs up*

06-21-2008   #18 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

My old man ate a shotgun cocktail while I was living with him and trying to get his life back together after he was overcome with depression when his second wife left him. All that booze he was inhaling at the time didn't help either.

The aftermath was pure horiffic drama, and something I'd rather forget. However, my dad was always selfish and self-centered, so I guess that helped him do it because he only thought of himself.

It's a selfish coward's way out and I have no sympathy for anyone who commits suicide except for folks in extraordinarily bad situations, like people suffering in third world regimes and certainly not anyone who has the privilege to access a computer.

06-22-2008   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethane
My old man ate a shotgun cocktail while I was living with him and trying to get his life back together after he was overcome with depression when his second wife left him. All that booze he was inhaling at the time didn't help either.

The aftermath was pure horiffic drama, and something I'd rather forget. However, my dad was always selfish and self-centered, so I guess that helped him do it because he only thought of himself.

It's a selfish coward's way out and I have no sympathy for anyone who commits suicide except for folks in extraordinarily bad situations, like people suffering in third world regimes and certainly not anyone who has the privilege to access a computer.
i would go as far as to say that there are other things that would be considered 'extraordinarily bad situations' that could constitute suicide but those are far and few in between.

06-23-2008   #20 (permalink)
MMOG Lurker

CaeHetGame is on a distinguished road

I've already experienced 4 years of the suicidal stage.Why?Cause I didn't really see any purpose to living.Now,I'm just living to find out.