ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Life & Relationships (http://ggftw.com/forum/life-relationships/)
-   -   First Interview.... (http://ggftw.com/forum/life-relationships/1647-first-interview.html)

Paul 06-24-2008 06:46 PM

First Interview....

Well i finally applied for a few jobs and got a call back for one, Basken Robins :3

Anyways, ill be having a interview tomorrow and i was just wondering if anyone has any tips for a first timer? I already have my oufit so don't worry about that... my main concerns were what exactly would they ask? I was told something like "How would you benefit us by working here?" I have no answer for this.... can anyone else thing of something that sounds interesting yet... possible?

JC 06-24-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 21141)
Well i finally applied for a few jobs and got a call back for one, Basken Robins :3

Anyways, ill be having a interview tomorrow and i was just wondering if anyone has any tips for a first timer? I already have my oufit so don't worry about that... my main concerns were what exactly would they ask? I was told something like "How would you benefit us by working here?" I have no answer for this.... can anyone else thing of something that sounds interesting yet... possible?

Goals; problem solving; resume; relations.
Can't remember everything, but best you have a resume to start with now than later, you have to look prepared and be prepared with information for questions.
The world has changed, and the "illegal" questions to ask have changed, so I probably can't help you with that. Also have your references prepared for that time-frame of the interview.

Leenalia 06-25-2008 02:49 AM

I've applied to Baskin Robbins twice and spoken to the manager/coworkers three times. Never got an interview T_T

Anyways, never lie in an interview. Always be professional and polite.

Kotarou 06-25-2008 03:03 AM

Exactly what are you working as at Baskin Robbins?

I pretty much got into a cashier position easily... the interviewer didn't even bother looking at my resume, he just jumped into YOU'RE HIRED! So don't worry too much, just relax. No one likes stiff employees.

Catharsis 06-25-2008 05:51 AM

First thing you gotta keep in mind is to not misspell/mispronounce the name of the company you'll work for. It's the biggest boo-boo for an applicant, no kidding.

1) Know the company: What they do, how they do it.
2) Know yourself: What are your strengths/weaknesses? Skills? With your skills, how can you be an asset to their company?
3) Be confident. If you're nervous, bluff.
4) Firm handshake. Yellow supposedly has a subliminal effect of making people soften towards you. Dress properly.

You can only answer "How would you benefit us by working here?" if you know what they need (see #1) and know what you can offer (see #2).

Torikakae 06-25-2008 09:39 PM

Look at the interviewer in the eye while talking. It shows your confidence and sincerity. If you can't though, then look at the bridge on his nose. It has the same effect~