ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Life & Relationships (http://ggftw.com/forum/life-relationships/)
-   -   Your family relationships. (http://ggftw.com/forum/life-relationships/1427-your-family-relationships.html)

Miyuki 06-23-2008 04:07 AM

Your family relationships.

So, hows moogles...er...cough* MyMMOGames.net members relationship with their family?

Among your father, mother, and also your siblings?

I know there's a family...where their siblings are like =/= each others, even there's some family like, never bother to visits their mother or father [old], until their death, yes...it happens ;;

So hows everyone?

Kotarou 06-23-2008 04:20 AM

I live with my mom, dad, elder brother and grandmother. I also have an extra imouto living elsewhere =D

Relationship is fine, borderline fine. "Tolerant" is the word.

Nanaya 06-23-2008 05:08 AM

I'm living with my mother and father, and my relationship is good with them. I talk to them frequently and am willing to go out to dinner with them when they want me to. Though their olden day thinking strings my nerves a bit. I'll probably be taking care of them for a long time.

No siblings though, just a bunch of cousins. Most of my family on both sides moved together to where we are today and we all get along well. The remnants of my family are in China, and I visit them sometimes. (My great grandma's birthday is coming up.)

My main problem with my family is that they have really bad habits that they just won't get rid of orz.

Lew 06-23-2008 05:51 AM

Relationship with my family..hmm.. not bad but not good either i guess.
The only person whom I've been contacting all this time is my mom.
And once in every blue moon..maybe my dad.
Twice a year with my siblings (on my birthday and their birthdays).
Not that we're on bad terms ..or at least i thought so... but somehow we all got busy.

Catharsis 06-23-2008 06:45 AM

My mom's one of my best friends. My brother is annoying and disappointing, and we fight a lot, but we're pretty close. My dad and I... well, Miyoo knows, we're kind of in the same boat.

Miyuki 06-23-2008 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catharsis (Post 18215)
My mom's one of my best friends. My brother is annoying and disappointing, and we fight a lot, but we're pretty close. My dad and I... well, Miyoo knows, we're kind of in the same boat.

/pats /pats ;; I know how it feel...and...worst again ;; [skips*]

Anyway, me <3 my mom and my sisters, lol.

Our relations are so close <3, not missing anyone if goes outing like picnic and such :x

Tardar 06-23-2008 08:08 AM

My family relations aren't great, but aren't bad. Me and my Dad don't get along well.
Different case with my Mom. I mean I don't hate my Dad; we just don't click.
We can get into fairly nasty shout fights. I don't think I've had many shout fights with my Mom. Now for my three sisters...

Jock Sister is okay with me, we both do the same sport, and our grades are close.
Nerdicle Sister, she plays an instrument so I talk to her. But we don't get along. She's 16 and in college. Yeah... (3.9 GPA)
Dweeb Sister, we're friends but not really. We have our "drunk" moments. And we have our VERY violent moments. ;-;

Leenalia 06-23-2008 10:00 AM

Well over the years as I got older, some family members changed and some didn't. I also changed on how I perceived them.

My grandmother I love to death.
My brother I respect but I tolerate him sometimes.
My mother I'm getting along with her and appreciate her around, she's my hero (ofcourse I'd never admit that to her).
My stepfather...finally after 10+ years he became more of a father figure and he's actually nice now.
My father, well he can die for all I care...yes I hate him THAT much.
My half-sister, love her but she's far away and I'm too busy to talk to her.
My half-mom, love her...she's nicer than my mother and sometimes I wish she was MY mother.

Jumpstart 06-23-2008 12:49 PM

let's see
1 word: Ignored...

Rydia 06-23-2008 01:28 PM

I've got four sisters and one brother, we all get along great they're like my best friends. My parents too, I love them. I consider myself very lucky not to be born into a family full of drama and hate. ._.

Some of my in laws on the other hand...no.

JC 06-23-2008 01:56 PM

I must be the only one with a horrible family relationship.

My parents divorced early on, and spent more time squabbling instead of raising me. My father and I haven't been in any contact for 2 years now, I saw my mother about a few months ago, but that's about it.
My sibling relationship is very bad, I am the youngest out of my 5 siblings... and that's not why it is bad.
3 of my sisters and my brother did something cruel to me about 3 years ago. Ever since then, the only family contact I have is my youngest sister, who is 41 years of age. The rest are older by a year each and the brother is the youngest.
Hard to trust people who would stab you in the back for the words of a selfish person who hates you.
As for the numerous cousins and aunts/uncles, don't know them too well and haven't met most of them.

I think the only concept of family I'll be able to accept is my lover's family, who are very nice to me, and of course our own, when we make it ^^

Haiko 06-23-2008 02:07 PM

My relations with my family are pretty good, I almost never discussed with my parents... well, me and my sister discuss all the time, but that's natural lol.
I love my mom to death, I'd do anything for her. She does anything she can when I need and I do the same for her. When I'm in a bad time, she is there with me, and vise-versa.
Well, my dad... it's not really like my mom, but I also love him a lot, though he's a lot more serious and organized (:x) than me and my mom. Me and my mom are actually the same person LOLOL , both of us are stupid, if you know what I mean. :p
But my dad also does the same, he really cares about me and so do I for him.
My sister is annoying like hell sometimes... something that I don't want to talk about happened in a day that it simplily couldn't happen... somewhat because of her and my dad, but anyway, our family is pretty close after all, those arguments with each other are natural lol.
My grandma is also awesome, she is just like my mom. Everytime in the summer I go to her beach house for 1 or 2 weeks, also with my grandpa, two~six uncles, and none~two cousins. I don't talk to my grandpa as much as I do to my grandma, but when we talk, it's really fine, he's funny. :p
And I guess that's it... lol.

Jumpstart 06-23-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC (Post 18673)
I must be the only one with a horrible family relationship.

My parents divorced early on, and spent more time squabbling instead of raising me. My father and I haven't been in any contact for 2 years now, I saw my mother about a few months ago, but that's about it.
My sibling relationship is very bad, I am the youngest out of my 5 siblings... and that's not why it is bad.
3 of my sisters and my brother did something cruel to me about 3 years ago. Ever since then, the only family contact I have is my youngest sister, who is 41 years of age. The rest are older by a year each and the brother is the youngest.
Hard to trust people who would stab you in the back for the words of a selfish person who hates you.
As for the numerous cousins and aunts/uncles, don't know them too well and haven't met most of them.

I think the only concept of family I'll be able to accept is my lover's family, who are very nice to me, and of course our own, when we make it ^^

your not the only one whose family thingy is messed up... my family is A: Dramatic B: really really cheap C: once really close to a homicide

BatgirlZKE 06-23-2008 07:26 PM

I don't talk to my dad except to get money out of him. And then I only email him. He's been a major disappointment for most of my life.
I get along with my mom but I rarely talk to her because her husband is a waste and i can't stand him.
I talk to my lil bro a few times a month but he's a pathological liar so I never know when he's telling the truth.
The rest of my family, well I see them @ birthdays, funerals and weddings.

JC 06-23-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BatgirlZKE (Post 19150)
I don't talk to my dad except to get money out of him. And then I only email him. He's been a major disappointment for most of my life.
I get along with my mom but I rarely talk to her because her husband is a waste and i can't stand him.
I talk to my lil bro a few times a month but he's a pathological liar so I never know when he's telling the truth.
The rest of my family, well I see them @ birthdays, funerals and weddings.

Wish I could be charming enough to get money from my old man. He hoards.

Knives 06-23-2008 10:18 PM

I have never really been close to my family. There's such a large spread of age between me and the rest of my family. I was born when my mom as forty, my oldest sister was 18 at the time. And the closest in age I have with my siblings is an 11 year difference. I kinda grew up the quiet, shy type of guy but eh, I guess I still am. I still love them to death and I'm sure it's an unconditional feeling. But I'd have to say a definite unorthodox family style.

Ascherit 06-24-2008 03:29 PM

I live with my aunt, my mom, and my older sister.

My mom and my aunt spoil my sister and I, and I love them to death.

My sister and I are like cats and dogs; we don't get along when we're in the same room.

As for my dad...Eh...After not seeing his face for about 10 years or so, I've come to live with the fact that I'm very capable without one. This includes my step-dad, who lives in another house and does nothing but play World of Warcraft all day long.