LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-02-2013   #1 (permalink)
200%♥
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

LauraMix has disabled reputation
Default Bad Handwriting

So uhh...this is kinda one of my personal problem for over 10 years now and I think I need help.

Anyways, I hate to write on paper or on anything why? cause my handwriting is like a freaking 6 year old wrote it. I can't even sign my own name due to the embarrassment of my signature being like a chicken scratch.

Is there any advice that can I can improve my handwriting .___.?

P.S: What I do not understand is that, How am I good in PC games but terrible at writing?

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-02-2013   #2 (permalink)
#selfie
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends

Versalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud ofVersalia has much to be proud of
IGN: Versalia

Do you know how to write in cursive?

07-02-2013   #3 (permalink)
200%♥
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinillix
Do you know how to write in cursive?
Sadly I have very little knowledge on writing cursive.

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert

07-02-2013   #4 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Start from the basics, even if it's just writing letters over and over. Make sure you are holding your pen/pencil properly and practice, practice, practice. I would suggest working on print first if you just generally want to improve. Cursive letters work differently in the way they are written, so don't worry about that for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMix
P.S: What I do not understand is that, How am I good in PC games but terrible at writing?
These aren't really related? But besides that, I would assume that you like to play games, so you do it often. You end up getting practice. Writing is something different, just need to practice that too. Everyone starts with chicken scratch writing.

07-02-2013   #5 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

The joys of technology ruining our writing habits.

Do what Sandrie said. At the same time, don't use any electronic item when you take notes or want to jolt things down. Carry around a small notepad or notebook, depending on whether it's just an errand or class.

While doing that, pretend that you're writing this note for someone else. Kind of like when a TA takes notes for students who are absent. By doing that, you're disciplining yourself to practice writing each letter properly.

As for your signature, that requires you to know how to write cursive. No one's signature is perfect the first time. Mine was a mess 6~7 years ago. You'll eventually have to sit down and start scribbling your name in different ways to see which one you like the most and is the easiest for you to sign with.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

07-02-2013   #6 (permalink)
Forum Operations Manager
Mischief!
Special
Games
Guild Wars 2LuniaConquer OnlineElsword
Awards Admin AwardMoM AwardPervert Award

Light is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervertLight is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Light, Yucie
Class: Kanna
Level: 208

I'm in the same boat as you, for the past few months I've been writing down notes or just writing a couple sentences I think up just for sake of writing.

My writing has improved because of this, as I too have been confined to a computer for a good 9 years and can't write or even print for shit.

+Rep if I help you. | Guides: Lunia's Client Editing Guide / How to ggFTW!

07-02-2013   #7 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

How bad are we talking here? Are we talking literal six year-old's handwriting or it's just in general sloppy. I mean, in general as long as it's reasonably legible (you can easily make it out without any major difficulties) and you can write at a decent speed, you should be fine. If it's actually like a six year-old's handwriting, then you'll need help.

(I didn't know using electronic methods actually stunted your handwriting. My handwriting's always been a little messy, but I never would've attributed that to typing; I just never cared about having good handwriting.)

07-02-2013   #8 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Sadly I have very little knowledge on writing cursive.
Cursive is pretty much useless.
BUT the muscle memory you get from learning it helps a lot with getting your writing neater. When you're able to write in cursive, you'll start to connect your letters together even when writing in print. If done neatly of course, will definitely make your writing look much nicer.

If you're going for the more "well as long as I can read it, it's fine" kind of look, just keep practicing your alphabet. Also, look at how other people write neatly and figure out what's the difference between their nicer writing and your not-as-nice writing. Usually it's just a few letters here or there that have even the smallest difference but look really nice after you hammer it out.

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

07-03-2013   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout

Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}

Just write slowly Hugo, or slow and in all mini caps. That's the easiest way, that's what I do when I have to rush and write something. I only use cursive (not even most of the time) when I'm writing letters (ex. birthday, mother' s day, father' s day etc.) but I usually "draw" my writing? when it's for something special like that.. not sure if that makes sense. But slow is the keyword here!

If you're in a rush to take notes at college for example, and you don't use a laptop, then it doesn't matter if you write sloppy, as long as you can read it yourself. If it's for a project or paper and your teacher is making you write by hand, just get another piece of paper and write everything down. Then rewrite it slowly and neatly. Just take your time.

If we're only talking about signatures here though.. even though my handwriting was praised by my teachers/friends, my signature looks like CRAP. Q_Q And I'm not exaggerating. So they could be 2 completely different things.. I guess all you could do about your signature (which I've tried over and over haha) is to get a piece of paper and scribble away to practice & perfect it.

But like a lot of people pointed out, I'm sure practice would help a lot. I always take notes on paper, whatever it is, because I love writing by hand D:

07-03-2013   #10 (permalink)
hibernating
Special
Games
All Point Bulletin (APB)GunboundTwelve Sky 2Grand Fantasia

Henreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond reputeHenreh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Henreh
Class: Bro lt_warlord
Level: 21

Use a pen and write.

07-03-2013   #11 (permalink)
200%♥
Games

Here's a recent work I did for my Math course that I need to take over the summer.

I took at least 3 or 4 writing intensive courses which never helped my writing.

07-03-2013   #12 (permalink)
-
Special
Games
FlyFFAngels OnlineKitsu SagaSecret of the Solstice
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerEvents RegularSotW JuniorHarem JuniorDetail DetectiveFinders, KeepersTHE CHAMP

Almora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond reputeAlmora has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Almora

it's definitely not the prettiest, but it's still legible.

the only way u're gunna get any better is if u go back to the basics and start printing everyday in a notebook for practice.

other notable tips:
1. make a conscious effort to not mix in caps with lowercase in the words. i notice an inconsistency with ur choice of capitalization. stick with 1 type(all caps or the traditional way of writing) because that might ultimately help u "line" up the letters instead of them flying all over the paper.
2. summer is here so make sure u don't neglect writing. try to spend less time playing on the computer.

gl

07-03-2013   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout

Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}

Quote:

Here's a recent work I did for my Math course that I need to take over the summer.
Wow that's not even half as bad as you made it sound like... I've honestly seen far worse >: with a little bit of practice I'm sure you'd get better. Just take a lot of notes of anything, like games you play, what quests to do, etc.

07-04-2013   #14 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Quote:

You just have an ugly "font" for your handwriting. And it's not even that bad.

I'm inclined to believe what everyone else is saying and that you do need to consciously try to improve and practice improving. My handwriting has always been pretty consistent through my life, and although a bit shaky after not writing for a while, it quickly goes back to "normal" after a bit. It's like a learning how to ride a bike, you never forget how to...except you also don't get any better without actual effort.

07-04-2013   #15 (permalink)
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

You can always go back to those grade-school alphabet workbooks that have the dotted lines for you to trace over. :v

these swimming gays ruined my life

07-04-2013   #16 (permalink)
Break it up, son.
Special
Awards MoM AwardPervert Award

Ethane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond reputeEthane has a reputation beyond repute
Class: NONE

I'm an artist who draws at the very least 3 hours every day, and my handwriting is worse than yours. Don't sweat it.

07-04-2013   #17 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah that's not nearly as bad as you make it sound. But like Almora said, try not to mix capitals and lowercases.

07-05-2013   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Daniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud ofDaniloo has much to be proud of
IGN: Dani
Class: #MIAMI2IBIZA to_soulmaster
Level: #10FEETTALL
Guild: GREYHOUND SHM YEA

Quote:

You might want to start with not mixing big and small letters together, when you do mix it, it just looks horrible in general

D A N S D A K A R 2 0 1 4 S K R I L L E X & Z E D D

07-05-2013   #19 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC

Your hand-writing isn't the worst I've seen, by far. I actually see a lot of words in there with which I like, as far as the hand-writing is involved.

As pointed in the post above, try not to mix up your upper- and lower-case letters. It's nicer on the eyes when there a smooth flow as far as how the words look. If you want to write it all in caps, that's totally fine. A good example is when you wrote "numbers" and "decimals" in the middle; it looks very consistent and has a nice "flow" to it. In contrast, when you wrote "adding" at the top the letter "g" at the end kind of throws it off because there's such a large height difference compared to if the "g" were written a bit lower to the height of the "in."

Secondly, consider the spacing between letters. Try to keep it as consistent as you can. When you wrote "irrational numbers" in the middle, I had to re-read it a few times to make sure it wasn't supposed to be "I rrotional" or something. Also, when you wrote "imaginary numbers" there were quite a few spacing differences between the "g-i-n" and the "a-r-y."

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

07-09-2013   #20 (permalink)
Bleughhh
Games
Grand ChaseElswordLeague of LegendsEden Eternal

Kenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant futureKenzor has a brilliant future
IGN: Kenzor

TBH your handwriting looks like handwriting from someone who just doesn't write a lot, or a better example, when a teenager goes back to school and finally starts writing again after a long summer break of not writing.

I assume you don't write very much?

If that's the case, you just need to write more.