Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-31-2012   #1 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians
Default I found one of my problems...

Two days ago I realized something about myself that slightly troubles me.
I was organizing cakes for my friend's birthday to have in a lecture. Anyways I was to bake the cakes whilst another friend was going to ice them. He lives in a residential college (are these called dorms or something?); anyways, I arrange to meet him at 8:15 am.
I was going to call him when he arrived but he gave me the wrong number.. oops (luckily the girl on the end of the phone seemed to be a morning-ish person). I find out that their reception opens at 9:30am.
So I wait...
9:30 comes I talk to the reception, they cannot give me my friend's number as it is a breach of privacy.. fine.. however they cannot even call him to the reception as it is confirming that he lives there. It is then that I ask them if I can leave something there and I lose control and start to cry.
The receptionist feels sorry for me and calls my friend down... embarrassing...

- - - - - - -
So from this event and thinking about some things that happened previously within my life. I realize the following:

I have huge difficulties handing things when they do not turn out right.
I think in many ways I like to know what is happening and have some control, whilst I am not the most organized person I do not like having things suddenly spring on me.

It does not help that I had a lot of work due this week as well. Anyways, anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for reading.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-31-2012   #2 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

You're not alone. I get like that sometimes. ):

10-31-2012   #3 (permalink)
STARVE THE EGO *
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineMapleStoryAudition
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

Math is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Sowwey
Class: Xe
Level: 1/50
Guild: Noctis

Yes. This just happened to me today.
It's Halloween today, and I was depending on my neighbor to go with me. We went together the last two years so I assumed she would come with me this year. It was 7 P.M., she was not home and was with her other friends. I got very angry and sad, and then I stopped and thought.

Is this really something to get angry about? Why am I making such a big deal? I'm sure she just forgot or wanted to hang out with her other friends.
I realized that this was not a big deal, and that I should stop and forget about it. Before, if this particular event happened, I would have started to jump to conclusions saying that she must hate me or something, or found that I was a loser. Sure, that could be true, but we've been friends for years and it was unreasonable to say so, especially if I have done nothing wrong.

I am not sure of your situation, but stop and think of it and what happened. Did he simply forget or something? How long have you been planning the cakes? (If it was planned long ago; he should have remembered, given you the correct number, or called you or something) Perhaps this was actually a big deal, and you have every right to be mad.

I'm pretty sure stopping and thinking of the situation will not help everyone, so it may not help you as it is my own way of solving my difficulty with tolerating problems.

11-01-2012   #4 (permalink)
Nonsense
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Event WinnerWandering Eye

Nebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond reputeNebula has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Enthalpy/ Reminder
Class: Duelist to_bunny
Guild: Guardians

@Settie, Thanks it is always nice to know.

@Ely: I am already over my situation, honestly I was only slightly upset at my friend for maybe a moment; it takes quite a bit to get me angry. Basically what happened is he attempeted to email me his number, however, the email for some reason did not send. after that I asked him on YIM, and he simply made a typo.
We had been planning the cakes for about 3 weeks. Along with a few other things; on a side note, after we met up finally, we had a nice long chat and all was good. Also, the cakes were enjoyed and the event was relatively successful.

What the issue was is that I had a speech that was a 20 minute walk away in 3h and 45 min and I did not know what to do with the cupcakes as they were bulky and hard to carry (along with my bag, a wooden board)
As for that friend, I know what his habits are like, however he is reliable for most things.

But thanks for both your replies