Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
05-09-2012   #1 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default College...

So I graduated high school in 2008, and went straight into college so I would remember the stuff.

Now 4 years later I've gotten an Associates of Applied Science in Computer Operations and almost a second Associates in Computer Networking. However my parents keep insisting that I should get a Bachelor's degree. The problem with that though is that there is no college near here that has a Bachelor's in anything I want.

A few hours away there are a couple of colleges with Bachelor's in Game Design, Web Design, Cyber Security, etc which I'm interested in, but I don't know how that would work out since I've been a homebody my whole life.

The other problem is money. I don't have a job because I've been using the HOPE scholarship (Georgia) to go to school with, because they'll pay for your classes as long as you have 12+ hours (full time), plus my Dad's health insurance only applies to me with the 12+ hours as well. Even if I could go to the college in GA so that HOPE would pay I would still have to find the money for room & board because HOPE doesn't pay for "personal" things like that and your class books. The interest rate is so freaking high on loans that I don't even want to think about using them...4~16% and it will double if Obama doesn't pass a bill to keep them at what they are now...

The other college (ITT Tech) I've been looking at is in TN, but problem is even though we live right on the border, I can't use the HOPE scholarship there because it's still technically TN and they don't except it (however a few colleges there do, but this one is fairly new). I paid a visit today to ITT in TN and found out that their website lied...a Bachelor's in Cyber Security is online ONLY, however the Associates is offered there. I've only taken 2 online classes in my life, but haven't really cared for them since you have to keep yourself motivated and keep up with the work, you can't procrastinate like when you go to an actual college lol. (If I'm on a computer doing homework it's not long till I get side tracked....)

I just kinda feel meh about getting a 3rd Associates degree, all my other friends are graduating this year with their Bachelor's in Nursing/Doctors/Teachers etc, but it's so freaking hard to find a school around here that offers Computer or Game type Bachelor's Degrees.

As for the job part, I don't even know where to look now that I have an Associates. Do I look at Walmart, something general, or do I look for something in that field (and if so where would I even look?)

I believe this is where they call that time in life a "cross road". I'm running out of classes at the college I'm currently attending. I'm in general studies right now trying to get core classes out of the way for other Bachelor's degrees at other colleges (however ITT doesn't require you to take these general classes). My original plan was to get my 1st Associates degree at this current school and then go to the one a few hours away in GA, but I shutter at the idea of being off on my own so suddenly with no one around that I know.

For now though my parents are recommending me to take the last 3~4 classes that I need to get my Networking Associates degree, even though they were against it before. I just feel like I'm wasting HOPE hours (they only pay up to 186 or something) by taking classes just to keep going to school.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-09-2012   #2 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Find a job in the field, in my opinion. Look for things that interest you or jobs that interest you.

Thought if you're really close to finishing the Networking degree, you may as well.