Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-04-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

Azumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant future
IGN: Nerdy
Class: All Nerdy Classes to_boxer
Level: All Nerdy lvs
Guild: Nerd(Pure)flux
Default I think it is difficult to accept help from a friend

It is like this. I study computer science in university and I'm totally new to it.
The course is supposed to be for beginners, but I notice that it is much more advanced than what I have expected it to be.

And I notice that most of my classmates already has studied it before, so all of them already have basic knowledge.

A few months has already passed and I'm doing pretty bad.
But recently, well I was in a group work, a classmate after that is being very VERY helpful.

Like, I didn't have to ask for help, he would suggest helping me. And he offers to help me very much. of course I appreciate it, but I feel it difficult to accept, even if I need.

It would be nice to have someone to study with, but I feel that I'm on a so much lower level I would only be like, the one getting help. :c
But then, he really seem to want to help... like REALLY.

Because I feel so horribly bad. he might would end up spending a lot of time helping me. I would feel bad afterwards. I'm not sure what to do...

But to be honest, I really need help...

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-04-2012   #2 (permalink)
:l
Special
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

SlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond reputeSlowBro has a reputation beyond repute

Teaching others is a great way to learn and practise as well. You could look at it like you're doing him a favour too. Who knows maybe you'll help him with something he's not confident in someday.

03-04-2012   #3 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

Don't feel bad! By helping you, he is going over the basics which also helps him refresh on things that he already knows. It also provides him a chance to explain what he knows in a simple way which means he knows it well enough.

Perhaps later on, you will be better at a subject or something like that, and you can return the favour.

You should only feel bad if you don't appreciate them and waste their time -- but if you really make an effort, don't feel bad especially if they WANT to help you!
Just remember to ask them if they are busy; if they choose to help you, then they shouldn't complain about it.

03-04-2012   #4 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Euler Breslau
Class: SMN-main, AST.
Level: i200 SMN
Guild: Get Some LLC

You could always buy him food or something in return for helping you out so much. Like after a study session or whatever, offer to buy him dinner or something.

03-05-2012   #5 (permalink)
STARVE THE EGO *
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineMapleStoryAudition
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

Math is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Sowwey
Class: Xe
Level: 1/50
Guild: Noctis

I don't think you should feel bad at all o:
He seems enthusiastic in helping you, there's nothing really to worry about. Besides, as the other two posters above, you can always repay him later on by giving him your knowledge -or food- c:
If you really feel like you bother him, you could always do a little bit of research on your own to ask less help than usual, or try to find another helpful person.

03-05-2012   #6 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Put out in return \o/! No, I'm kidding. Don't do that (unless you want to).

It might seem hard to believe but some people do get their gratification from helping other people while expecting nothing in return. You shouldn't feel bad because he's also pretty happy about helping you out. I know it's hard to not to feel like you're such a burden, but rest assured, if you were then he wouldn't keep helping you out like this.