Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
03-03-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Degoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Degoutant
IGN: Shannus
Class: Raccoon to_raccoon
Default How to tell a friend?

...that I don't want to do seminar paper and colloquium with her?
Well she expects that it's needlessly to say that I do it with her. She's probably one of my closest friends and I love supporting her in every way but when it comes to school or representations, she exposed to be .. you know... the 'lazy kind' of student. And presenting (colloquium)/writing (seminar papers) is absolutely one of her biggest weaknessess, that's why she'd rely on others.
Now this sounds very selfish and I actually feel a bit bad, but I don't want to mess up my grade like a few years back with her.

...Is that bad? Thanks in advance

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-03-2012   #2 (permalink)
[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)

Just tell her that you've already decided to do it yourself/with someone else.
Or tell her that you're busy and don't know when you'll be able to meet up with her.

??

03-03-2012   #3 (permalink)
사랑해~
Special
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerMoM AwardSotW JuniorWandering EyePervert Award

Aimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond reputeAimee has a reputation beyond repute

First try giving it a go? Maybe if you show her you're serious about doing well, she'll feel that she has to put the effort in too.
If she doesn't do her part, and you're as close as you say you are, then tell it to her straight; ''If you do not pull your weight with this, I don't think we should work together''
If she constantly relies on others to work through her weaknesses, she will never get anywhere, and she'll soon come to realise this too.

03-04-2012   #4 (permalink)
Posts when passionate.
Games
Battle of the ImmortalsFlyFFGrand ChaseLa Tale
Awards Facebook Fan

Riolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant futureRiolu has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Riolu
Xfire: riolu

If she's a very good friend of yours you could make her gather information about the topic, do less difficult tasks whilst checking if she's doing it right, giving her advice.

Or you could push her away out of fear for a grade.

03-04-2012   #5 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in that situation frequently. I make alibis. /shameface

- "Oh, I've already promised to team up with _____. Sorry!" (while frantically texting another person to partner with)

- "I really, really want to do this topic." (The topic being something she dislikes or finds hard to understand.)

- Avoid her.

- "I really want to use this opportunity to spend more time with [my boyfriend / that guy I like / this person I want to get closer with / friend X ] so I will ask him/her to partner with me... I hope you don't mind."

03-04-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster Online

Azumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant futureAzumarill has a brilliant future
IGN: Nerdy
Class: All Nerdy Classes to_boxer
Level: All Nerdy lvs
Guild: Nerd(Pure)flux

I think, if you really are a close friend. You should tell her the truth, what you think about her lazyness. Not right out loud.

But like. 'Hint'.
Tell her (in a very friendly way) that you expect both to work hard. If she is lazy, try to organize the work between you two. And like, encourage her to do a good work and stop slacking. You will help her this way and it should also make it easier to work together in the future.

03-05-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Degoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to beholdDegoutant is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to Degoutant
IGN: Shannus
Class: Raccoon to_raccoon

Ah thanks for the replies ^^ +reps

But I think I'll go with this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
- "I really, really want to do this topic." (The topic being something she dislikes or finds hard to understand.)

03-05-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

ForTheCity is a jewel in the roughForTheCity is a jewel in the roughForTheCity is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degoutant
Ah thanks for the replies ^^ +reps

But I think I'll go with this
What if she says that she doesn't mind that topic? If I were you I would find a partner first and then tell your friend that someone asked you already.