ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Life & Relationships (http://ggftw.com/forum/life-relationships/)
-   -   2011 a good year for you? (http://ggftw.com/forum/life-relationships/105983-2011-good-year-you.html)

Jon 12-11-2011 02:36 AM

2011 a good year for you?

2011 isn't over yet (although it pretty much is), but I am curious to find out if the year has been good for you grand people of ggFTW. At any rate, has 2011 been kind to you (so far anyway) and do you expect 2012 will be a decent year (as well)?

I apologize if I seem nosy, it is just that I get somewhat nostalgic and emotional during the end of each year. You don't need to provide details if you don't want, just simply state if it has been a good year or not if you're up to it and feel like expressing your thoughts.

Riolu 12-11-2011 05:12 AM

Worst year of my life.

NiBo 12-11-2011 06:42 AM

Best year of my life, I changed a lot, specially during the 2nd semester, and made some really good friends. The first semester sucked, but I don't regret anything I did that somehow made things worse for myself, I just won't do it again.
I'm really not worried if 2012 will be good or not, I just won't hold myself when doing some things, specially when spending time with friends, no reason to hide good feelings. I can make it better than 2011

NiBo 12-11-2011 07:56 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MGJVfhavTP...ldaAnoNovo.jpg
"People expect the new year to be better than the previous."
"I bet that it's the new year that expects people to be better."

Dani 12-11-2011 10:16 AM

Was an ok year, but a shit ton of drama both RL and online.

Seru 12-11-2011 11:50 AM

It was pretty ok. Like every year (for me personally) it had its ups and downs.
Positives were; I changed to a major I finally enjoy, started to come out, didn't waste all my money on "f2p" games, and got some new friends this year.
Negatives were; online drama, family drama, boy and girl drama, the flu, tuition going up again.

Moonflow 12-11-2011 12:21 PM

Been about the same as the last 5 years.
Spent about 90% of it in front of my PC.
I consider that pretty lucky, so good I guess.

Nikeos 12-11-2011 12:53 PM

Just another year, really. I'm expecting 2012 to also be just another year.

Jessica 12-11-2011 01:23 PM

It's been...

Not that bad, actually. I've had some bad times, but most of it was good.

Personally, not looking forward to the next year. All this 2012 hype is just going to ruin it, or, maybe just make me laugh a lot.

Almora 12-11-2011 02:31 PM

This year just breezed by, I didn't really pay attention to anything.
My life has nothing exciting in it, so I guess that's why it passed so fast.

Adun 12-12-2011 08:17 PM

Really quick year. Just passing the time until a month ago when I can finally make enough money to afford a reasonable living.

Marzai 12-12-2011 08:48 PM

This year...

This year signals a turn for the worse in my life, being kicked out not only from my dad's house due to my step-mom thinking I'm lazy (even though I was actively looking for a job - no luck finding one for 6 months - and in college at the time), but from my grandmother's apartment, too, because she assumes my sister and I are 'out to get her' and 'take advantage of her.' She's becoming senile. I'm not even sure if I can afford to go a forth semester in college. plus I have a loan that I need to pay back...

...I just realized how much my life sucks after posting this.

Lala 12-12-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almora (Post 1652962)
This year just breezed by, I didn't really pay attention to anything.
My life has nothing exciting in it, so I guess that's why it passed so fast.

^ This!
This year has been nothing special to me really. As for my expectations for 2012, hopefully it's a bit more memorable, but I'm not expecting much lol.

Aspio 12-12-2011 10:54 PM

Least productive year for me.
Had only one college semester (of just two classes), rest of the year was wasted staring at the same sites over and over and thinking about what I want to do. Really wish I spent more time watching anime, now I've got a massive list of shows to get through...

Still, there were some memorable moments. Like my sister leaving home and moving to Georgia (still miss her, things are too quiet here), and all this pony madness.

Already have a vow for next year: stop being hesitant/lazy and get shit done.

Yume 12-12-2011 11:45 PM

...many good things and many bad things happened in 2011. many many things...
either way, they are things that will continue to inspire me, motivate me, and push me into the next year.

I hope to make 2012 a good year.
Better myself.
Keep my old and new promises; re-enforce my resolve.
Work harder, have fun.
Experience more and more things.
Meet new people, keep up with old people.
Love my friends, family.

For those who had a rough time in 2011, it's difficult to keep your chin up, but it's not impossible. Just because a number changes, it doesn't mean you change. Don't expect the new year to be any different if you don't do anything about it.

Life is too short and unfair to sit around depressed or sad and living through the motions.
Keep moving... for the ones that can't anymore.

-Reminder to self...

ForTheCity 12-15-2011 12:17 PM

Pretty good year for myself. Wouldn't want to have it changed any other way.

Degoutant 12-16-2011 11:02 AM

Passed my 10th year exams with excellent performances.
Got 'accepted' into A-levels (funny how I mix up 2 different school-systems now lol)
but got to admit, it's harder... and it's kind of frustrating, already.
I realized this year, especially after summer break, how lazy I got and how hard it is to get off my butt... always too stuffed cos' I am always too tired. I always wish next year to be better... but I said that last year too. I need to develope a new approach... not only for school and stuff.

JoyDivision 12-16-2011 09:36 PM

It's a been a pretty good year for me. I got a lot of life achievements done. I graduated from college with my degree, found a full-time job that I really enjoy, and bought my first car.

On the other hand, this is my third city in five years. I literally know nobody outside of work. Hopefully, I'll make some friends in 2012 that from the area and start in on graduate school.

Bolter 12-18-2011 02:51 AM

not too bad well, went through a bit of fun here and there and acquired loads of good stuff