League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-19-2011   #1 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread
Default My Mom Suggested I go to Europe

Today I was asked, "So have you decided on your degree."

I told I was not still sure, but I was leaning toward a computer engineering major and an electrical engineering minor. Simple enough, however she then said, "Are you still interested in becoming a Doctor? If so, you can just go to school in Europe and be over with it there."

Of course this caught me off guard so I was left to ponder to myself as I told her I still have a month to decide as the school year wasn't over.

Regardless, I was a bit stunned.

What if I did move over to Europe and simply got my degree over there. I find myself wonder how it will be like over there. It seems almost glamorous to me, as, I've always wanted to visit the region myself and if I went, I would likely going to Liverpool where my mother used to live. That's fine and dandy but, how badly would I miss America?

I'm not sure what I'm asking, but I'm sorta just left to ponder to myself at the moment and ask, "What do I want?"

--Frenchbread is

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-19-2011   #2 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Well, the simpler and more important question is: Do you actually want to be a doctor? Because if not then you probably shouldn't. I personally wouldn't trust a doc that didn't even want that job to begin with, since people that are forced into jobs they aren't compatible with usually end up pretty bitter.

11-20-2011   #3 (permalink)
\_(ツ)_/
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Adun Send a message via Skype™ to Adun
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

Europe is nice. But it's a big decision. Make certain it's what you want first.
No, you won't really miss America. Just a little bit. You'll find ways to cope.
My parents send me a package every year on Christmas with goodies from the US.
Traveling to the US to visit family is very, very expensive. Establish some means of communication.
We use Facebook.

11-21-2011   #4 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Normally, I look at the world university rankings when deciding where to study. ^^;

I studied abroad, too. It's tough being on your own as it is, and even tougher when you're so far away. It's a great experience, though. Full of life lessons.

11-23-2011   #5 (permalink)
Hooked on this feeling

Bolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud ofBolter has much to be proud of

go over if you feel you need to, though if you can, you could even try for double degrees.

11-23-2011   #6 (permalink)
bitch pls
Special
Games
Asda StoryDragon SagaEmil Chronicle OnlineLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Queen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond reputeQueen has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Queen Send a message via Skype™ to Queen
IGN: Allure
Class: Priest
Level: 90

I don't think double majoring if you plan on being a doctor/going to med school isn't the sanest idea, just saying.

It's a big decision, and most people change their majors or have doubts at least once. If you're unsure, perhaps contact those in Europe about the possibility of transferring there after a year in the US, if you decide to go to med school there.

Diablo III North America Glacea#1307
League of Legends Queen Nimera, Level 20
New Leaf/Pokemon XY 4511 - 0825 - 1589

12-13-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule Fighter

ForTheCity is a jewel in the roughForTheCity is a jewel in the roughForTheCity is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharsis
Normally, I look at the world university rankings when deciding where to study. ^^;

I studied abroad, too. It's tough being on your own as it is, and even tougher when you're so far away. It's a great experience, though. Full of life lessons.
yeah i never studied abroad but i did intern in china twice and it was mixed experiences. both of course gave me life lessons but one just completely sucked...*cough*beijing*cough* didn't enjoy it there.