[夢]
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGunboundLuniaAtlantica Online

Yume has disabled reputation
IGN: Yume/Relief/夢
Guild: Drop/JW/Kirameki/Hores(FT)
Default What is love to you?

I mean specifically the significant other love, not family or friendship love.
Of course your significant other could also have that family/friendship love,
but what sets them apart from all the rest?

I see people get into relationships and say they love each other, break up, find someone else, and say the same thing. Often the person hates their ex by now or something.

What's the difference between the first person who you say you love to (maybe they screwed you over, ended on bad terms etc) and the person you grow old with?
I know a lot of people say "I'll love you forever no matter what" and then something happens and they just absolutely hate each other. Or people (not just kids) announce that they love their boyfriend/girlfriend after a couple months (or even weeks) of dating.

A lot of cliche definitions I've seen are
you'd do anything for them
want to be with them forever
they're you're world
can't stop thinking about them
always want to be with them
really care for them
etc

^ okay that's all nice and dandy, but in reality, you need to have a job or something and if your mind is in the clouds, you're never going to get work done, you lose your job (or can't get one), live on the streets and die.

A lot of people define love as caring for someone, wanting to protect them, make them happy, look after each other, be loyal to each other, respect each other. Etc (not the cliche'd fantasy relationshit stuff).
If that's the definition of love, then yes I love.
But this love applies to my family and friends too.
How do you take this step further?

I know there's the spur-of the moment "I love you" where you're just blinded by happiness. You don't know if you'll end up together or not, but hoping you will. but... if you don't... what's the difference between what you say to this person, and the person you celebrate your 50th anniversary with?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-15-2011   #2 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

For me, it means not being in any sort of relationship.

10-16-2011   #3 (permalink)
#1 Leon fan
Games
VindictusMabinogiLuniaElsword
Awards Pervert Award

PKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond reputePKShota has a reputation beyond repute
Guild: Titans/ggFTW

To me, when you love someone, you'll constantly be looking after them. Like, even if on text or on Facebook or whatever, everyday, it's like "how're you doing?" and "trouble with hw tonight?"

You'll ask them if they're okay even if it's from a minor cough or throat clearing. You'll always ask them if they had homework problems from last night. You'll always ask them if they're tired. You would stay with them if possible overnight or even more if they're at the hospital (not really but still works).

Having to ask so much isn't what a normal best friend would do. Best friends would just hang out and have fun. A person in love would make sure they're lover is fine at all times.

It's...sort of vague, but it's how I see it. I can't really describe it in other ways because those ways are already generic.

10-16-2011   #4 (permalink)
Honest Heart
Games
Adventure Quest WorldsAuditionDragon SagaGrand Chase
Awards Facebook Fan

NiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to beholdNiBo is a splendid one to behold
Class: Not a psychologist
Level: 21
Guild: Gaap's Guild >_>

It's to know the other (their flaws and strengths) and what they can become (what are the capabilities and in what they can get better at). It's also let the other be free but still know how to impose limits (like in the case of children).
There's the caring part, too, take care of and be taken care of in the case of couples and even friends. If someone take care of the other one most of the time then it becomes like a parent-kid relationship rather than a couple relationship, there should be a balance.
Old couples know each other very well and usually have the balance between "protector"/"protected" roles (they switching these roles between them often, neither "plays" one of these roles for too long). And newer couples are usually "he/she is cute and nice", don't know each other well.

10-16-2011   #5 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKShota
You'll ask them if they're okay even if it's from a minor cough or throat clearing.
That's not love, that is just being neurotic.

I jest, I jest.

10-16-2011   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Spirit
Games
La TaleElswordDragon Nest

kmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of lightkmelfina is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: kmelfina/GoneAria/Slyphil
Class: Priest/Elementalist/BM lt_mage
Level: 24/17/1
Guild: Syraix

I don't even know, so I guess using the "When you Run Someone, the more you want to kirr them!" song is a bad example xD

If I ever found love, it would just be profound affection, caring, wanting to be with said person for ever and ever in life. Unfortunately in my life I've seen so many break ups [of others] that relationships with a significant other is discouraged.

10-16-2011   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Fan

Chibiursa will become famous soon enough
IGN: Reanemeiko
Xfire: Reanemeiko

Love for me is a special feeling to someone, that includes a package of caring, trust,sacrifice, and understanding ...

10-18-2011   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Lover ^_^
Awards MoM AwardFacebook Fan

TheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of lightTheBlackCatXIII is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to TheBlackCatXIII
IGN: TheBlackCatXIII
Class: Sense to_scientist

True love to me means sacrifice, trust, commitment, understanding and accepting, on top of all the little things love might contain. Someone who is willing to endure the times and love you even when you hate them (even though that person didn't do anything wrong), that person would wait for whatever time it takes for you to come back, welcoming you with open arms when you return.
Someone who does things in your best interest, not just doing things or giving you things that you like and spoiling you.
That's what true love means to me, true love should contain at least those things, I wouldn't label it as true love otherwise.

One horrible prince. One Life. One Story.
http://horribleprince-onelife-onestory.blogspot.com/

Strive to Love

10-18-2011   #9 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Admin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Harlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond reputeHarlequin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Harlequin Send a message via MSN to Harlequin Send a message via Skype™ to Harlequin
IGN: Cecilia Juelle
Class: Monk/Goldsmith lt_treasurehunter
Level: 50
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

If I had to define it... I'd say, if you've been with someone for a pretty long time, and you still get those nervous butterflies in your stomach when you go out with them.

10-19-2011   #10 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

love is something that reduces everything to nothing, including love itself

god.. i gotta solve my own sentence mm

No matter what may await, please don't regret meeting me.

Solomid Guides:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22360

10-26-2011   #11 (permalink)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Special
Games
World of Warcraft

Adun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud ofAdun has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Adun Send a message via Skype™ to Adun
Guild: [JW], Kirameki

Love, in its relationship form, is a lasting commitment to a single person. Ideally, once you have decided whom you want to spend the rest of your life with, you spend the rest of your life pursuing a harmony of balance between happiness and chaos in your relationship. Despite how perfect one believes love is, love is a roller coaster ride of emotion. There will always be conflict but conversely there should also always be peace.

It goes without saying that if a relationship is unhealthy for you, you should get the **** out while you still can and find somebody else.

10-27-2011   #12 (permalink)
Lazy Lurkin'
Special
Games
Atlantica OnlineDofusTrickster OnlineRift: Planes of Telara

Javier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud ofJavier has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Javier
IGN: Ripchord
Class: Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
Love to me is...
  • Having someone in your life who, on the balance of things, brings out the best in you and not the worst.
  • Accepting and caring for someone through all kinds of trials and tribulations; not abandoning this person just because their problems might inconvenience us.
  • Having someone in your life who changes you in a positive way and is always pushing you to improve and do better.
  • Having a person who makes us aware of who we are and realize our true potential.
  • Having a person who is prepared to help us through our mistakes.

You can be really attracted to a person; you can think about them constantly; you can feel like you could do absolutely anything for them. None of that means you love a person, because only time will tell. Ultimately, love reflects not so much on the person you love but on yourself. How has your love changed you? How much fuller, richer and grander is your vision of life since you fell in love?
I subscribe to the aforementioned principles. Lyn, you couldn't have said it better...

For the longest time, I couldn't differentiate infatuation from love. Somewhere along the line, I realized that love really isn't about finding your "other half" or completing yourself. It's really about being with that someone who's gonna make you (and who you're gonna make) a better whole.

It's the nature of my circuitry.

10-27-2011   #13 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Reset has a spectacular aura aboutReset has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Reset
IGN: uNtR
Class: #1 BvA sup rand?

my gf said love is like riding a bike down a bumpy hill.

cant tell if shes serious

10-27-2011   #14 (permalink)
I got bored.
Games
La TaleMapleStoryCosmic BreakElsword

Lime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond reputeLime has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BelleGlacier
Class: Trap Highlander lt_warlord
Level: 195
Guild: Luminary

Love is when you seriously bust your butt trying to make life with another person work even AFTER the butterflies leave and you're used to them.

When you finally let yourself be annoyed with the flaws you overlooked when they were still a mystery box waiting to be opened. Yet you don't make such a big deal it kills the relationship cause you won't shut the hell up about them. And because you've let yourself become attached to them and push yourself to keep in mind the things he or she gives you that you needed in a relationship, and thank god that you found someone who cared enough to give you those things.

Oh, and love is when you realize sex is sex. As in, you have too much stuff to do to bother going behind someone's back so just save it for them. John Cheese from Cracked put it in the words i had been looking for for a while: too many people mistake that anxious feeling for love and move on when they feel like the 'spark' is gone, no that's just you looking for a new plaything to 'figure out'.

@ Above post: I had a good laugh. xD

10-30-2011   #15 (permalink)
Orz
ggFTW Lurker

Orz is on a distinguished road

to me this simple music video kinda describes it for me (in real life instead of maplestory ofc) :P not my video btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugCAL-8WfQE

10-31-2011   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

eterny is on a distinguished road

I love myself.....

11-01-2011   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
GunboundRagnarok Online

darkengy is on a distinguished road

Love is a tale of joy, conflict & tragedy

11-04-2011   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart
Xfire: rhinehart

You can always count on Yume to ask the tough questions. I like how the phrasing of this question implies that everyone has their own definition of love and that's true. But that said, I really don't know how to answer the question. I've seen, felt, feigned and sensed so many different things. Sometimes it seems so simple and at other times, it seems so complicated.

If I had to give it my best effort (despite feeling I'm probably better off not answering the question), I suppose I'd just have to go with my ideals here and say that love is when you spend your life with somebody. My great aunt and uncle Roberta and Johnny were married their entire adult lives (I remember attending their 50th anniversary party with a lot of the rest of the family). Eventually, Uncle Johnny died and Aunt Roberta was left without him for the first time in over half a century. It devistated her to the point where she lost the ability to speak coherantly and eventually became mute. I think she's died since then, too, though, so they're no longer apart now. But I always admired them and hope I might someday be as lucky as they were.

11-06-2011   #19 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaLeague of LegendsDungeon Fighter OnlineGunZ

CrunchyRoll has disabled reputation
IGN: Dithyrambic
Class: Healer lu_eir
Level: 85
Guild: Poverty

Real love is finding someone whom you want to be with everyday, someone you want to share a life with, who makes you laugh, complements your strengths and weaknesses, but who is fundamentally independent from you. It is not about attachment, or working out dynamics from the past. In other words, she doesn't need you. She chooses to be with you. And vice versa: you don't need her to fill some void in your life—you choose her because you know what you want in life, and she is it.

11-06-2011   #20 (permalink)
Of Course i blive in god!
Games
Trickster OnlinePangyaLa TaleOurWorld
Awards Facebook Fan

Ladynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond reputeLadynoosy has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: noosy 。✪
Class: Meow to_cat
Level: to much chara but i love them <3 8 kitties~2 lion~2sheepy~1bun bun ~
Guild: Master SoulCalibur<3
Xfire: nooosy

there differents kind of love

family love'

friends love ''

bf or gf love ''

Love its Amazing... who not love They Acting .. but they have person special for them they hide the feeling ...

the worse love'' the blind love ...

so love mean for me everything ..ill never live without love

Sprite By~Rydia
~im playing only At Fantasia

Last edited by Ladynoosy; 11-06-2011 at 04:45 AM.