ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   League Of Legends (http://ggftw.com/forum/league-legends/)
-   -   Champions - Pick & Learn (http://ggftw.com/forum/league-legends/80480-champions-pick-learn.html)

Minuss 08-11-2010 11:37 PM

Champions - Pick & Learn
 

(It is better to find your own build/masteries/rune but this is just to give you an outline for new characters you want to try, or if you are new to the game)


If you want to play a Champion that will be good in the long run and you dont know which Champion will and will not be, visit these Champion Tier Lists.
(Note: Ranked mode is more competitive play that you can do at Level 30. So "Elementz Tier List" is specifically for 5v5 Ranked Mode.)


L0CUST's Champion Tier List

Elementz Champion Tier List (Ranked Mode)



Once you have picked a Champion and you want to learn what the best builds would be for that Champion such as Runes, Masteries, Item Builds, Skill Order. You can visit various sites with many guides, such as:

League Craft
-Go to Database
-Champions
-Click on a Champion
-Click on the Sub-Section "Guides"


Solo Mid
-Click on Guides
-Click on the Champion


Champion Learning Center
-The Legend is self explanatory


League of Legends Strategy Build Guides
-Self Explanatory
-Click on a Champion
-Change the filters (If you want)
-Press Filter to Search



From our experiences, you should not just look at one guide. Some guides are good and some are bad so it is best if you look at a few and you see what is in common (If they are talking about the same thing such as Laning or Jungling, You dont want to read 2 Guides about different things and compare them) and then use in-game what those guides have in common.



In-Game Refrences.
-Press your profile (Next to the shop button)
-Go to Champions

Here you can see all of the Champions, if you put your mouse over the icon a button on the bottom right of the icon should appear. If you click that button is takes you to various information about the Champion. More importantly, there is a Tip Section that will tell you a few tips on how to play that Champion, or playing against the Champion.

Ashee 08-13-2010 10:01 AM

League of Legends Strategy Build Guides :: Browse popular LoL strategy builds created by other fans!

Minuss 08-13-2010 11:39 AM

Oo, Thank you, I will add this into the thread.

Eternal 08-13-2010 11:34 PM

If you want the best and most up to date builds. Trust me on this, but item builds matter a lot. Its the core reason of why this game have comebacks and so forth.

Its best to look at the builds of the top players in the game.

Search up the summoner's name( get the ign from the first page of premade or solo queue), and see what builds they use.

If anyone have any questions, feel free to ask me. I generally remember the builds of the top players ( unless its a UP character like Eve x.x)

Ashee 08-14-2010 12:23 AM

actually builds matters on enemys aswell
i wouldnt stack up armor penetration as an olaf if the enemys wont get armor anyway
neither stacking up sunfires /dodge against 4mages

since when is eve up o.o she is just useless in high ranked, like many other chars

Minuss 08-14-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashee (Post 1316253)
actually builds matters on enemys aswell
i wouldnt stack up armor penetration as an olaf if the enemys wont get armor anyway
neither stacking up sunfires /dodge against 4mages

since when is eve up o.o she is just useless in high ranked, like many other chars

Yes exactly, Builds mostly depend on what the other team consists of or what your team is lacking, since many characters can go either way.

Minuss 08-23-2010 12:22 AM

Added: Elementz Champion Tier List (Ranked Mode)

imported_Citrine 08-23-2010 01:15 AM

To be honest, Don't get caught up on how people play other champions simply because it seems like its the right way to play him/her because of how popular a thread is or how they owned you in a mirror match in a previous game.

You have to literally change the way you play every match due to many variations of possible outcomes.

I certainly play different when I play pubs, and sure as hell play different with a premade team.

Though I do suggest if your learning a new champion, look up universal item builds that players commonly use. Then start experimenting with different items and change them accordingly by the flow of the match.

Its good to always look up guides from other people, but its even better to take the basics of what you learned from that guide, and customize it to make it fit your play style.

P.S- I should burn minuss for getting a Rod of Ages on Nidalee...

Ashee 08-23-2010 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imported_Citrine (Post 1323184)
Though I do suggest if your learning a new champion, look up universal item builds that players commonly use. Then start experimenting with different items and change them accordingly by the flow of the match.

P.S- I should burn minuss for getting a Rod of Ages on Nidalee...

youll love my ap trist so much

ps why is cho on elementz tier hard to place o.o crazy laneholder and good disabler pewp

Xpecial 08-23-2010 02:11 AM

The problem with Cho is that his nukes aren't always a sure land, though I do admit he has great disables and a powerful nuke. Also, it is difficult to initiate as Cho since the knock-up doesn't guarantee a land.

Ashee 08-23-2010 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xpecial (Post 1323194)
The problem with Cho is that his nukes aren't always a sure land, though I do admit he has great disables and a powerful nuke. Also, it is difficult to initiate as Cho since the knock-up doesn't guarantee a land.

mostly i just rush in and target their mages with my silence, meanwhile they are running away

hmmm opening with the knock up is pretty stupid or chasing with it (yet it can be just used to let the enemys move another direction), but its pretty annoying against melee dps if they are targeting my team

the ulti is devasting so..

passive is pretty useless to me in teamfights imo, unless ive got an ap build

Xpecial 08-23-2010 11:01 AM

Well, Cho doesn't have high movement speed or anything so it isn't exactly cake just to walk up to their ranged to silence...

Minuss 08-23-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imported_Citrine (Post 1323184)
To be honest, Don't get caught up on how people play other champions simply because it seems like its the right way to play him/her because of how popular a thread is or how they owned you in a mirror match in a previous game.

You have to literally change the way you play every match due to many variations of possible outcomes.

I certainly play different when I play pubs, and sure as hell play different with a premade team.

Though I do suggest if your learning a new champion, look up universal item builds that players commonly use. Then start experimenting with different items and change them accordingly by the flow of the match.

Its good to always look up guides from other people, but its even better to take the basics of what you learned from that guide, and customize it to make it fit your play style.

P.S- I should burn minuss for getting a Rod of Ages on Nidalee...


That was the first time getting it o-o I usually just go Guinsoo ->Lich->Rylai->Zhonya

Ashee 08-24-2010 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xpecial (Post 1323362)
Well, Cho doesn't have high movement speed or anything so it isn't exactly cake just to walk up to their ranged to silence...

http://i36.tinypic.com/2l75vk.png
either it was me chasing kog and getting him off the teamfights or just silencing kat and akali when they poped up

4melees are way too easy to beat as cho :< i felt so immortal with my 5k hp (dont ask me about those 2 sunfires, force of nature is pretty awesome imo)

Minuss 08-24-2010 11:53 AM

It also depends on what your ELO is. If people on the other team know what they are doing or if they are just dumb as ****.

Xpecial 08-25-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashee (Post 1323809)
http://i36.tinypic.com/2l75vk.png
either it was me chasing kog and getting him off the teamfights or just silencing kat and akali when they poped up

4melees are way too easy to beat as cho :< i felt so immortal with my 5k hp (dont ask me about those 2 sunfires, force of nature is pretty awesome imo)

Had I really wanted to, I could probably get a game where I do extremely well as Eve, but that wouldn't mean that Eve is viable at all.

In your game, had you played Garen, you probably could have single handedly kill most of their team meanwhile making it impossible to kill you.

Ashee 09-03-2010 08:44 AM

Livestream - cLGaming - The only site dealing damage in a cone!

some stream of a high elo player, he is mostly half day on
pretty scary nidale carry o.o

*edit
average game search time is between 10 and 50mins

ZeroKunoichi 09-03-2010 09:03 AM

Yeah well me and X know clGaming pretty well and we are at their ELO pretty much. I am literally not at the AT ELO but I am in normal games now. Who plays normal anyways right?
High ELO is probably the most stressful thing just like DotA and HoN is competitively.

Minuss 09-03-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroKunoichi (Post 1332062)
Yeah well me and X know clGaming pretty well and we are at their ELO pretty much. I am literally not at the AT ELO but I am in normal games now. Who plays normal anyways right?
High ELO is probably the most stressful thing just like DotA and HoN is competitively.

I think HoN is considered more "competitive" because you start out with rating right from the begining that actually matters


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.