ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

Prius Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-09-2011   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

HokageGaryKun will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal
dudee, you gotta troll correctly to keep your threads up

Proof that Vayne is NOT OP - League of Legends Community

Regarding my birth - League of Legends Community

@ Elementz, In defense of myself - League of Legends Community <-- i actually did troll that game haha

bad troll threads:

Petition for Everlasting to be made Council - League of Legends Community

Ask a 2.2k Troll anything - League of Legends Community

High ELO vladmir guide - League of Legends Community

in conclusion, if you are making a fool of yourself or saying something ppl agree with, you get upvoted.

like most of my posts are troll posts on there its more fun than playing the game ~.~
i posted the me beating saintvicious pic

then his fanbois and haters attked me

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-09-2011   #22 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal
Leona's Q = Irelia's E

Leona's E = Irelia's Q

Leona's Shield = Irelia's lifesteal

sure, they have some bonus effects, but the charge foward stun tanky dps remains the same. I mean.. they should even be built the same mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Leona's E is a skillshot and blinks to the last champion it hits. Irelia's Q is a dash attack that applies on-hit effects and recovers 35 MP when you kill your target with it. If anything, Leona's E is more of Amumu's bandage toss or Lee Sin's skillshot-blink.

Leona's Q gives bonus damage and stun on your next autoattack. This skill itself does not provide an attack, it seems.

Leona's W being Irelia's W/R? I don't see it at all. It gives resistance, something Irelia doesn't have in her skill set. It then explodes a center AoE around her, again something Irelia does not have.

I find people comparing her to Jarvan to be better suited than Irelia.

07-09-2011   #23 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashee
"almost?"
she is picked or banned in like 80% of my ranked games at 2k, so hard to counter her if she is any good, getting outlaned by agressive udyrs apparently
I was referring to the speed of her ascension to FotM. She was considered garbage forever, forever being behind Shit Shao, and then almost out of nowhere: "IRELIA OP."

@Eternal:
Irelia and Leona are still almost nothing alike. They have similarities but they are not alike, and definitely not in play-style.

07-10-2011   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

mertifin is on a distinguished road

she look op, 2 stuns, 1 slow. i can't believe riot hasn't release her yet...

07-10-2011   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Monkey529 is on a distinguished road

Leona looks awesome. she does kindve look OP. i hope she doesnt get nerfed if she is OP. i like her becuase she is a female tank. i dont think there are any female tanks in LoL.

07-10-2011   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Swirly0201 is on a distinguished road

leona looks awesome

07-10-2011   #27 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertifin
she look op, 2 stuns, 1 slow. i can't believe riot hasn't release her yet...
Low AP ratio, can't proc her own passive, high cooldowns, stats that indicate pure tank, her slow is a slow/stun depending on position, so it's 1 stun 1 slow/stun.
On paper, she's pretty balanced. In my opinion, she only seems OP due to having skills that is meant to make her be focused, which is what a tank should be doing.

07-10-2011   #28 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Low AP ratio, can't proc her own passive, high cooldowns, stats that indicate pure tank, her slow is a slow/stun depending on position, so it's 1 stun 1 slow/stun.
This. She actually is really really balanced for a tank. I'm glad her ratios are low so that there will be fewer people playing her AP-Offtank/Carry like Amumu.

inb4 "We really felt like she didn't have a teamfight presence with her damage, so her ratios are now significantly higher and she can proc her passive as well now."

07-10-2011   #29 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momiji
This. She actually is really really balanced for a tank. I'm glad her ratios are low so that there will be fewer people playing her AP-Offtank/Carry like Amumu.

inb4 "We really felt like she didn't have a teamfight presence with her damage, so her ratios are now significantly higher and she can proc her passive as well now."
Doubt it. Riot might have awkward ideas for balancing based on what I've seen in my short experience, but being a super shining woman that keeps exploding is bound to be a huge presence, lol.

I want a full elixir + Eclipse Leona now, god damn. Be brighter than the sun.

07-10-2011   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Grand ChaseMapleStoryTrickster OnlineLa Tale

RaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the roughRaineScarlet is a jewel in the rough
IGN: RaineScarlet

She looks like Amumu, but with a better initiation skill, since it seems to go through minions.

07-11-2011   #31 (permalink)
Where is MetalGarurumon?
Games
La TaleLegend of EddaElswordLeague of Legends

WarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really nice

Honestly, she looks like Tanky DPS. Me and a couple of friends saw the stream of Phreak and saw the damage output she can bring and still be a tanky mofo. I see Rylai being core on her and I plan on experimenting with her when she comes out. Base damages are already high enough to be considered a threat. Screw Irelia 2.0, this is Jarvan's wife. inb4nerfs

07-11-2011   #32 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

im gonna build tri force atma and warmeg's!

07-11-2011   #33 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarGreymon
Honestly, she looks like Tanky DPS. Me and a couple of friends saw the stream of Phreak and saw the damage output she can bring and still be a tanky mofo. I see Rylai being core on her and I plan on experimenting with her when she comes out. Base damages are already high enough to be considered a threat. Screw Irelia 2.0, this is Jarvan's wife. inb4nerfs
You know they're staged right?
But at any rate, her ratios are complete shit to even bother being AP-Tanky DPS. Also, Frozen Mallet would be better as her skills are fairly long cooldowns.

07-11-2011   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

wastymi is on a distinguished road

I dunno, see seems pretty balanced. Looks like she can deal some pretty heavy damage, but doesnt seem that great as a tank. She only attracts attention doesnt really MAKE them attack you

07-11-2011   #35 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastymi
I dunno, see seems pretty balanced. Looks like she can deal some pretty heavy damage, but doesnt seem that great as a tank. She only attracts attention doesnt really MAKE them attack you
She's meant to have a presence. While she has no taunt, her utility makes you want to target her first, because she can put a debuff on you with her passive that makes her teammates do more damage. All her skills support this passive as well, her skillshot-blink pierces through targets, her Eclipse is a self-centered AoE, and her ultimate is a targeted AoE.

07-13-2011   #36 (permalink)
Where is MetalGarurumon?
Games
La TaleLegend of EddaElswordLeague of Legends

WarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really niceWarGreymon is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momiji
You know they're staged right?
But at any rate, her ratios are complete shit to even bother being AP-Tanky DPS. Also, Frozen Mallet would be better as her skills are fairly long cooldowns.
Ratios aren't everything. She has high base stats, so she can still build full tank and steal deal out the damage. The whole point of Tanky-DPS. Her W @ rank 5 gives 75 of each resistance. Good job, Riot, another OP character.

07-13-2011   #37 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Bought her with Valkyrie skin.
She is far from OP. Base stats need slight lower, other than that, she's serving her purpose as an actual tank. She makes a presence in teamfights with Eclipse, which grants her armor and explodes on people to proc her passive for her teammates. Her Zenith Blade also pierces, proccing her passive more and teleporting her to the enemy carry. Shield of Daybreak then lets her keep the carry in place, like a tank should be doing. A majority of what seems to be her damage is actually TEAMMATES activating her passive. It deals A LOT of damage and I've found myself getting a ton of assists on my first couple of games with her.

Max W first for the resistance that renders you extremely beefy as well as it being her highest damage and being her AoE to proc her passive in teamfights. E can't be used for farming very well because the chances of you hitting the enemy and accidentally blinking yourself into a bad position is very likely. Max Q after W for the cooldown so you can stun more often. Ultimate whenever you can. Her ultimate's slow is amazing at an 80% slow if you happen to miss the center, it's also only on a 75 second cooldown at rank 3. Building AP seems highly inefficient and WILL get you killed even as a tank.

Is she OP? No. Is she strong? Yes. Will she carry your ass to victory? **** no.

07-13-2011   #38 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Bought her with Valkyrie skin.
She is far from OP. Base stats need slight lower, other than that, she's serving her purpose as an actual tank. She makes a presence in teamfights with Eclipse, which grants her armor and explodes on people to proc her passive for her teammates. Her Zenith Blade also pierces, proccing her passive more and teleporting her to the enemy carry. Shield of Daybreak then lets her keep the carry in place, like a tank should be doing. A majority of what seems to be her damage is actually TEAMMATES activating her passive. It deals A LOT of damage and I've found myself getting a ton of assists on my first couple of games with her.

Max W first for the resistance that renders you extremely beefy as well as it being her highest damage and being her AoE to proc her passive in teamfights. E can't be used for farming very well because the chances of you hitting the enemy and accidentally blinking yourself into a bad position is very likely. Max Q after W for the cooldown so you can stun more often. Ultimate whenever you can. Her ultimate's slow is amazing at an 80% slow if you happen to miss the center, it's also only on a 75 second cooldown at rank 3. Building AP seems highly inefficient and WILL get you killed even as a tank.

Is she OP? No. Is she strong? Yes. Will she carry your ass to victory? **** no.
Thank you for saying everything I was going to. I can see Eclipse's bonus armor and magic resist getting qq nerfed, sadly. Eclipse is great for allowing her to delay getting resistences and going for health or farmability with a sunfire cape or something.

I think Sheen could be quite nice on her, but I'd never get more than that. She isn't anywhere the 'dps' part of 'tanky dps' like Irelia and Jarvan.

07-14-2011   #39 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

There's some that differ in opinions, it seems. They say you can ignore her for the most part, her damage output is too lackluster to be a threat to carries and she has no taunt to actually peel or attract or stick.

I say give her a week or two to see builds solidify. There's still these sides of "AP vs. pure tank" and "useless vs. just fine"

My Leona is cursed though, lol. Played three games as her, they all ended earlier than 30 minutes by enemy surrender, didn't even pass 8k gold. ): Haven't had a proper item build test on her at all.

Edit: Some people seem to suggest building CDR with Leona, sounds pretty valid. Considering I start with Philosopher Stone and Heart of Gold already, Shurelya's + Randuin's + Frozen Heart will keep her tanky while achieving CDR.
Someone did note that she's better as an "assassin's emergency buddy," where she'll follow your assassin around to the carry, help the assassin kill the carry, then help the assassin get out safely.

Last edited by Nihil679; 07-14-2011 at 01:18 AM.

07-14-2011   #40 (permalink)
Martyed to evil

Eternal has disabled reputation

good tank, somehow being able to be decently tanky without tank items, with good amount of cc and mobility.

since she isnt a straight on initiator, as in she can't just straight rush in without the opponent wanting to fight or a skill from your teamfights to get the fight started, she should be built magic damage tank( sunfire + abyssal+ other tank items with utility, as in not warmogs), ad damage tank probably the best one( frozen mallet, atma, randuins, FoN), or more tanky dps oriented with like starks, trinity, atma, banshee.

But really, she should never be built full tank if she gets decent amount of farm and opponent not totally fed( over anyway~)... so... I suppose she serves the same role as Jarvan except be able to deal magic damage, worse initiation, more tanky, and more cc.

No matter what may await, please don't regret meeting me.

Solomid Guides:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=22360