ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > League of Legends (LoL)

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-22-2011   #1 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Unicornkitty
Class: Holy Paladin (PvE+PvP)
Level: Pro-level.
Guild: Get Some LLC
Default Building up Swain

I've been playing Swain for quite some time now, and I have to say that he's one of my favorite champions. His passive let's him lane forever pretty much, and once he hits level 6, he's able sap health while tearing down creep waves.

My only problem is his item build. I've flipped through guides and tried some combinations of my own, but I still don't think I can settle on a good core build. Normally, I start with a Doran's for the health and mana regen, as well as the nice 15 AP bonus. But I'm starting to feel that it becomes a deadweight sometime after the first 15-20 minutes and I could probably just buy boots with potions just to start on my core earlier.

On my first trip back, I upgrade the boots to Sorceror's (or Mercury Treads if the enemy team has a ton of AP-champions or annoying CCs). Then I start to build a Catalyst the Protector. But from there, I'm not sure what to do.

My original plan was to go ahead and turn it into a Rod of Ages so I could nab some extra AP, HP, and MP. But then I start to wonder if I should just turn it into a Banshee's Veil so I could do away with those nasty stuns/silences, and then go for a Rabadon's or Rylai's or something.

Anyone with experience with Swain know a good way to build him?

Diablo 3: 60 Witch Doctor; Battletag: Kebbysaurus#1662
WoW(US): Gishy(Mal'Ganis), Unicornkitty(Hyjal), Yigit(Hyjal)
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-22-2011   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Blade & SoulCabal OnlineChampions OnlineCombat Arms

Uncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to allUncharted is a name known to all

i like to build swain tanky, with some ap and some armor, like an off tank but not that tank.
start off with sapphire crystal (blue one)
-first trip catalyst, if ur fed get boots and always, pots and wards
-second base is ages + wards + (upgrade boots) if fed and if u can, since at that time u'll be heading drake a lot of times, if u can get ages before the 10 min (usual time drake is gonna get slaughtered)
-finish up boots(if massive CC and Ap, get mercury, if not sorcerers work), get spirit visage, after that rylai, then 1 negatron, and one frozen heart). transform negratron into banshee's or nature.

of course this may vary, only thing i know is that ages and rylai's are a must, getting rabaddon also helps if ur team doesnt has any AP. mostly on pubs nobody wants to tank so building it tanky helps a lot, but on pubs, pre-made are different

06-22-2011   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
La TaleCosmic BreakDungeon Fighter OnlineElsword
Awards Pervert Award

mikecxz will become famous soon enough

seems like they nerfed his ult heal pretty bad this patch, so i would suggest a void staff if possible for the % mpen. after that a hextech revolver (NOT a gunblade, anything other then the spell life steal and AP is useless for him.) would probably get it close back up to where it was.

06-22-2011   #4 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecxz
seems like they nerfed his ult heal pretty bad this patch, so i would suggest a void staff if possible for the % mpen. after that a hextech revolver (NOT a gunblade, anything other then the spell life steal and AP is useless for him.) would probably get it close back up to where it was.
I'd recommend a Spirit Visage over Revolver (especially on AP-heavy teams) since the extra bulk and CDR would benefit him more than just the Vamp (and small amount of AP).

06-22-2011   #5 (permalink)
Magnolia Wine
Games
World of WarcraftElswordLeague of Legends

Rhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant futureRhois has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Rhois Send a message via Skype™ to Rhois

Boots, x3 potions/Mana Crystal, x2 Potions/Faerie Charm however many potions you want, you can also grab a ward. Take whichever one suits your needs, boots to play aggressively and avoid skill shots, mana crystal for sustain, or Faerie into a Philospher's Stone and a Catalyst for even more sustain.

After you transition into mid game you can sometimes simply rush Rabadon's, upgrading boots when you see fit. Most times you'll upgrade Catalyst into RoA for the tankiness. After this you can get a Rabadon's (If you went RoA) and begin working on Rylai's for increased slow on both of your single targets. Spirit Visage for increased healing. Voidstaff against magic resist stacking, Zhonya's Hourglass for the armor/ap boost (if you activate it whilst in Crow form, you still deal damage iirc.) or potentially DFG if you want to nuke someone. Abyssal Scepter and Will of the Ancients are also good pick-ups. Force of Nature and Frozen Heart could also be considered if you want the resistences. :P

Item choices also depend on how you're farming and how well you're getting kills as well as team synergy/competence. Also remember that you can go Sorcerer's Boots > Moonflair Spellblade/Elesia's Miracle to get Tenacity as well.

06-22-2011   #6 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future

I think Mana Crystal/Faerie Charm with potions looks like a winner. I like the idea, especially since it gives some wiggle room to buy a ward just in case. And I guess I can just take off Rabadon's as a necessity and more of a luxury omg-I-need-more-AP item.

I actually read the patch preview notes on Tumblr last night and was thinking about starting to incorporate a Spirit Visage into a build 'cause it seemed like a good idea, so I guess I can try it out in a build now. And as far as a Revolver goes, I've actually tried it out before and it was a nice help with healing, but not really all that worth it.

Time to try these out!

06-22-2011   #7 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
I actually read the patch preview notes on Tumblr last night and was thinking about starting to incorporate a Spirit Visage into a build 'cause it seemed like a good idea, so I guess I can try it out in a build now. And as far as a Revolver goes, I've actually tried it out before and it was a nice help with healing, but not really all that worth it.
I played a game with Swain in the last couple hours, he really does need a Spirit Visage (or a Revolver if you roll that way) to help with his ult. It got hit pretty hard with that change.

06-23-2011   #8 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
Awards Facebook Fan

Picked up a Spirit Visage after I made my RoA. Saved my life so many times throughout the game. I love it. Revolver to Will of Ancients was nice, too, since my team were mainly AP-based so it helped a lot. Especially in conjunction to the Abyssal Rod that our Veigar built.

These tips helped a lot. Thank everyone!

06-30-2011   #9 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsEden EternalMapleStory

Flipmood is a splendid one to beholdFlipmood is a splendid one to beholdFlipmood is a splendid one to beholdFlipmood is a splendid one to beholdFlipmood is a splendid one to beholdFlipmood is a splendid one to beholdFlipmood is a splendid one to beholdFlipmood is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Flipmood Send a message via Skype™ to Flipmood
IGN: Flipmood
Class: AD Carry to_cardmaster
Level: 30/Diamond II
Guild: The Macs

Go 4 Archangel staffs, Deathcap, and Sorcerrors

Break the game.

06-30-2011   #10 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

Tbh, I would rather save that cata for banshee and work my way with a rabadons. Yea, RoA is cool and all and swain could use more max mana but I think the bonuses from cata is far more desireable and that a rabadons mid game is where you want to be rather than relying on RoA for ur sole AP.

If it were me,
dorans or mana +2 pots
1st trip-> lvl 1 boots + health crystal or boots + cata
<--- decide if u want a mid item here. Hextech or SV
2nd trip->blasting wand + sorc boot
-----> finish rabadons then work from there.

If you're getting butt anal-ed in lane, I would suggest buying dorans to see if u can get back into the game with them.
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Seim; 06-30-2011 at 06:44 AM.

06-30-2011   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

HokageGaryKun will become famous soon enough

Since ima pro ill give u my build for swain

Usually go dorans ring then > that spell vamp item 20% spell vamp and 40 ap then i get spirit visage the rest u get ap/tank example: rylais: AP and HP and slow Abyssal: AP AND MR later on u can up spell vamp to the ancient book or sell it for something else same for dorans ring