ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   League of Legends (LoL) (http://ggftw.com/forum/league-legends-lol/)
-   -   Protips for Ranked? (http://ggftw.com/forum/league-legends-lol/94351-protips-ranked.html)

n00bE 04-06-2011 09:06 PM

Protips for Ranked?

So I'm new to ranked games and just had a few solo queues and i gotta say it was horrible experience. First game everyone (including me) was just doing horrible and the other 2 had WW who liked to feed...
So can anyone share some protips with me so i can succeed in ranked games? Are there any secrets that i should know of?

buta 04-06-2011 09:28 PM

Last hit and buy wards.

And of course, don't die.

Ashee 04-06-2011 09:40 PM

use carrys, duoqueue with someone who can queue so you can support him
buy wards
dont be too confident
dont let your teammates be confident

-pick kass to win-

WhatThePhuc 04-06-2011 10:47 PM

minion kills
most important part of the game imo
if ur talking about solo que, it comes down to luck
but farming minions helps

Minuss 04-06-2011 11:59 PM

Play as if it is 1v5.
Do everything yourself.

Eternal 04-07-2011 06:37 AM

Don't stay in the same lane......

Constantly gank. The lower ELO you are, the fewer wards there are and the more possibility of your gank success

Either 1. push your lane fast, down the tower, make it harder for opponent to last hit, or 2. Deny your opponent

3. Play someone with mobility, escapes, or lane dominance. Eg: Tristana, Nidalee, Shaco, Warwick, Udyr, Urgot.

4. Learn the respawn times of the jungle. Tell your teammates when the dragon/baron will be up again. Direct them to there with pings or phrases.

5. Learn to jungle VERY efficiently. Just about everyone can play a solo lane, but few can support well or jungle well. You have to make sure your team has a good jungler.. ask if anyone wants to jungle.. if not, jungle yourself if you are proficient at it.

evilxshadow 04-07-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal (Post 1507446)
Don't stay in the same lane......

Constantly gank. The lower ELO you are, the fewer wards there are and the more possibility of your gank success

not exactly true, my games at 1900 barely have any wards so i have to buy wards using a carry, support, tank or anything

Eternal 04-07-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilxshadow (Post 1507607)
not exactly true, my games at 1900 barely have any wards so i have to buy wards using a carry, support, tank or anything

well.. at lower ELO, its even fewer D:. Or they are often overabundant/misplaced wards

But you have to admit, ganking is a lot more effective at lower ELOs.

GodofFaith 04-07-2011 08:28 PM

Also learn to play something like Tank/Carry AD/AP /Support/Jungler

Rhois 04-08-2011 01:40 AM

If someone takes the character you want to play, always have a fall back plan in mind. Definitely learn a jungler; if no one else does it, do it yourself.

Minuss 04-08-2011 07:20 AM

Learning Jungle is only good for Duo Q. If you are solo Qing and you want to win I suggest playing carry, Tanky DPS or Active roles.

Carry - Mazlahar, Corki, Anivia, Sion
All strong, can carry your team easily

Tanky DPS - Jarvin Renekton

Active Roles - Blitz, Poppy

Seim 04-08-2011 09:07 AM

Duo queue with someone you trust with.
If you know you're awesome at playing tanks and initiating, stick with heroes that do just that and have backups.

For when I play ranked, I usually go tanky DPS or tanks. I can lane or jungle with tanks or tanky dps. I can also play caster as back up. I know I'm not the greatest at AD carries so I usually avoid that role. My partner on the other hand is awesome at playing alot of different carries so that actually fills my weakness and we have two core components of the team covered. Also, if you duo queue, one of you MUST absolutely get a solo lane.

As for carries, I would add Kass +Urgot + Akali to Minuss' list and Irelia + Ryze to Tanky DPS.
And to me, usually the better junglers are Noc + Udyr + Rammus + Shaco + Nunu(doesn't have good endgame though)

Also, protip: Please don't rush stupid items like Thornmail or Lichbane. It's just that bad.

Minuss 04-08-2011 03:14 PM

Top Tier Junglers right now:
Nunu, Nocturne, Olaf, Trundle, Amumu

These are top tier in Tournament play but they also are very good for solo-q

Shaco is very weak because he is easily countered and is useless for team fights other then JIB.

GodofFaith 04-08-2011 03:25 PM

AD or AP Teemo great map control
AP Karths if you missing dmg his pretty good to weaken a team
AP Sion pretty good to knock 50% of the hp
Poppy anti-carry *hate him so much if his good*

JustinBieber 04-08-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minuss (Post 1508252)
Top Tier Junglers right now:
Nunu, Nocturne, Olaf, Trundle, Amumu

These are top tier in Tournament play but they also are very good for solo-q

Shaco is very weak because he is easily countered and is useless for team fights other then JIB.

If he's new to ranked, Shaco would be a great choice because Shaco shits on baddies.

Minuss 04-08-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinBieber (Post 1508261)
If he's new to ranked, Shaco would be a great choice because Shaco shits on baddies.

Oh true, I forgot that he is just starting out. thanks.

Ashee 04-08-2011 10:50 PM

as for low elo junglers who dominate: akali, yi, olaf , ww

n00bE 04-08-2011 11:41 PM

Just played another ranked and we were doing fine then someone called our teemo a feeder then he just intentionally fed afterwards and stayed out of team fights until we were all dead then stood in the middle of all of them ;_;

Minuss 04-09-2011 09:06 AM

welcome to soloq

evilxshadow 04-09-2011 12:52 PM

TIME TO CONQUER NOOBS WITH SHACO
i lost 150 elo